Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gator Fever, gatordad3, Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Naples Gator, Sasquatch Gator, WobbleGator, Yahoo [Bot] and 90 guests

Patchan also to transfer

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Patchan also to transfer

Postby sportstalk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Don't remember a guy who so many off/on field injuries in my life. But when healthy he never showed me anything as an O-lineman. I wish him well but had he come back we would have been asking if he would be granted a 7th year about this time next year.
sportstalk
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby ltraz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:03 pm

sportstalk wrote:Don't remember a guy who so many off/on field injuries in my life. But when healthy he never showed me anything as an O-lineman. I wish him well but had he come back we would have been asking if he would be granted a 7th year about this time next year.


So you're saying that you're like everyone else and never watch the right tackle...He was actually really good when healthy and was one of our more well-rounded tackles in years.
ltraz
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby Gator Fever » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 pm

sportstalk wrote:Don't remember a guy who so many off/on field injuries in my life. But when healthy he never showed me anything as an O-lineman. I wish him well but had he come back we would have been asking if he would be granted a 7th year about this time next year.


I wonder if he had some issues with the coaches besides the early injury. Looks a little strange him heading to OSU or BC to play for former coaches.

I just remember him last year getting beat on most passing plays with that clubbed arm.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6641
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby Gator Fever » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:08 pm

ltraz wrote:
sportstalk wrote:Don't remember a guy who so many off/on field injuries in my life. But when healthy he never showed me anything as an O-lineman. I wish him well but had he come back we would have been asking if he would be granted a 7th year about this time next year.


So you're saying that you're like everyone else and never watch the right tackle...He was actually really good when healthy and was one of our more well-rounded tackles in years.


Maybe I missed a lot of the good plays but when Brantley was getting killed last year I watched the O line only on many plays and he was getting beat big time on many passing plays when he was wearing that club on his arm. I wish him the best however and hope he gets over the injury bug.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6641
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby TommyGator » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:10 pm

I, for one am sick of hearing that he is "not playing". Let him go if he can't buy into the positivity that is on the up swell here. Something smells about this whole scenario and I am happy to have him take his act elsewhere.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
User avatar
TommyGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby oxrageous » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:10 pm

He has one year left and he's going to transfer? WTF?
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13706
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby LBSpikes » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:15 pm

If that's his attitude I'm happy he's freeing up the scholly. Bye.

ltraz wrote:
sportstalk wrote:Don't remember a guy who so many off/on field injuries in my life. But when healthy he never showed me anything as an O-lineman. I wish him well but had he come back we would have been asking if he would be granted a 7th year about this time next year.


So you're saying that you're like everyone else and never watch the right tackle...He was actually really good when healthy and was one of our more well-rounded tackles in years.

He was the guy that started concussion-"awareness" when he double teamed a DLineman and let his guy through to have a clear shot at Tebow, when Tebow had his concussion against UK. He wasn't that good, just very aggressive. And even more injury prone. I sort of wish Miami got him bc he did very little for us, probably caused more harm than he did good. He did have the body of Toni Bosselli though and could have been great in a different life...
User avatar
LBSpikes
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5792
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby GatorKen » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:17 pm

LBSpikes wrote:If that's his attitude I'm happy he's freeing up the scholly. Bye.

ltraz wrote:
sportstalk wrote:Don't remember a guy who so many off/on field injuries in my life. But when healthy he never showed me anything as an O-lineman. I wish him well but had he come back we would have been asking if he would be granted a 7th year about this time next year.


So you're saying that you're like everyone else and never watch the right tackle...He was actually really good when healthy and was one of our more well-rounded tackles in years.

He was the guy that started concussion-Gator when he double teamed a DLineman and let his guy through to have a clear shot at Tebow, when Tebow had his concussion against UK. He wasn't that good, just very aggressive. And even more injury prone. I sort of wish Miami got him bc he did very little for us, probably caused more harm than he did good. He did have the body of Toni Bosselli though and could have been great in a different life...




that girth was bubble wrap
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.


I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
User avatar
GatorKen
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5659
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: Murica

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby LBSpikes » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 pm

GatorKen wrote:
LBSpikes wrote:If that's his attitude I'm happy he's freeing up the scholly. Bye.

ltraz wrote:
sportstalk wrote:Don't remember a guy who so many off/on field injuries in my life. But when healthy he never showed me anything as an O-lineman. I wish him well but had he come back we would have been asking if he would be granted a 7th year about this time next year.


So you're saying that you're like everyone else and never watch the right tackle...He was actually really good when healthy and was one of our more well-rounded tackles in years.

He was the guy that started concussion-Gator when he double teamed a DLineman and let his guy through to have a clear shot at Tebow, when Tebow had his concussion against UK. He wasn't that good, just very aggressive. And even more injury prone. I sort of wish Miami got him bc he did very little for us, probably caused more harm than he did good. He did have the body of Toni Bosselli though and could have been great in a different life...




that girth was bubble wrap

not enough :lol: PS, He sat out longer than anyone I've ever heard of with a broken finger. > a whole season.
User avatar
LBSpikes
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5792
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Where is he transferring to? The University of Phoenix? If they could get Patchen they would probably go after Cam Newton next.

Image
University of Phoenix Defense
Last edited by Okeechobee Joe on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby Swamp82 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Bubble wrap and a sausage
If you would like to keep your coach you can
User avatar
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: NW Florida

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby Maillot Jaune » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:27 pm

A bizzare career.

I wish him well. He committed to UF even as a Cane legacy.
User avatar
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2039
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby DaddyGator » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. No, seriously.
Illegitimi non carborundum
User avatar
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: Pensacola, L.A.

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby oxrageous » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:13 pm

DaddyGator wrote:Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yeah, that might cause and injury that would end his season.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13706
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby BostonGator84 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:15 pm

So if he's a redshirt junior, and he's transferring, doesn't he have to sit out a year? How would that leave him with any eligibility left?
BostonGator84
True Gator
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby GatorKen » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:16 pm

BostonGator84 wrote:So if he's a redshirt junior, and he's transferring, doesn't he have to sit out a year? How would that leave him with any eligibility left?


He graduated so maybe a special loophole for him.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.


I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
User avatar
GatorKen
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5659
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: Murica

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby BostonGator84 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:17 pm

GatorKen wrote:
BostonGator84 wrote:So if he's a redshirt junior, and he's transferring, doesn't he have to sit out a year? How would that leave him with any eligibility left?


He graduated so maybe a special loophole for him.


Oh yeah I forgot he graduated - the Russell Wilson/Ryan Smith rule. Thanks.
BostonGator84
True Gator
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Not that a source link might add to the discussion, even if it's apparently upstream two seconds. :rolleyes:

He's, according to Dooley, who cites his iPod as the source, transferring to either Ohio State to reunite with Meyer or Boston College to be with Addazio, his old position coach.

If true, I have only one thing to say: Don't let the door bang your ass. I'm sick and tired of this guy's injury schtick and now this.

Just go.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20121226/ARTICLES/121229749/-1/news?Title=Matt-Patchan-will-transfer
User avatar
Class of '78
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6568
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby law98gator » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Who?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16920
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Patchan also to transfer

Postby gatorade7 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:38 pm

stay classy guys... Patchan was slated as a backup if healthy next year...I'm sure Coach Will was very honest with him.
gatorade7
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron