Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests

SEC is this year's PAC 12

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

SEC is this year's PAC 12

Postby jagator0 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Yesterday Mercer, Winthrop, Indiana State, Southern and Middle Tennessee all beat the SEC. We are looking at maybe three NCAA bids. UK Missouri and Florida. Other than that, I don't see anyone getting in.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Re: SEC is this year's PAC 12

Postby tillsb » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:54 pm

As long as Florida gets in I don't really care about anyone else in the SEC.
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:31 pm

tillsb wrote:As long as Florida gets in I don't really care about anyone else in the SEC.

I approve this message
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby alcoholica » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Gatorbythebay wrote:
tillsb wrote:As long as Florida gets in I don't really care about anyone else in the SEC.

I approve this message

We better do well in the SEC, since we lost to 2 or our quality OOC opponents. I'm sure we'll make the tourney again, but this team has already lost their early season momentum.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby Maillot Jaune » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:30 pm

At this point of the year, have to agree.

It is a long year however.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:33 pm

I thought the PAC-12 was all football schools.? :eek:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jagator0 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:12 am

Doing well in the SEC won't do anyone any good if nobody has any quality OOC wins. At this points, as much as I hate to, I have to pull for UK to beat Louisville. Mizzou beating Illinois is about the only decent win we have outside the conference, unless Marquette or Wisconsin really steps it up . It doesn't look as if FSU will. UK's best win is over Maryland. They're 10-1 but their best win is over Northwestern.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:59 am

+1
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby Wait ’til next year » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:53 am

Well said!
"When the people fear their government, there is TYRANNY; when the government fears the people, there is LIBERTY" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wait ’til next year
Heisman Gator

Postby jagator0 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 am

With the rest of the SEC sucking, that will effect our seeding. When they look for quality wins and all you got is FSU, Wisconsin and Marquette who all finished in the middle of their conferences and and that's it, we may not get in at all. If UK loses to Louisville, even a win over them won't carry much weight. This could be a real problem at tournament time.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby Gatorphan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:10 am

I'm just hoping this team starts playing better. Why worry about seeding if you're not capable of making a run once you get in?
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:12 am

Gatorphan wrote:I'm just hoping this team starts playing better. Why worry about seeding if you're not capable of making a run once you get in?

:yes:
gatorspook

Postby G8rnTtown » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:19 am

Outside of the wheels falling off the train, this team will make the dance as no lower than a 4 seed. Unfortunately, that is where the gurantees come to a quick end. For all the talent this squad has, it seems to lack real leadership. With 3 seniors and 4 juniors, that plain hard to understand. Yet that is the way it is. It seems this team has no one that steps up and says "Enough of the stupidity", and takes charge. My guess is that as long as they can blow teams out, they win. Put them in a close game and they will find a way to choke them away. This team needs Casey Hill NOW. If Young uses his intelligence, recognizes the need for 1 more year of development and returns, along w all the influx of talent (prep and transfer), this team SHOULD go far. But as it is constituted now, outside of every tourney game being played in the O dome, this team doesnt go more than 3 games deep.
G8rnTtown
Baby Gator

Postby gatorspook » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:22 am

G8rnTtown wrote:Outside of the wheels falling off the train, this team will make the dance as no lower than a 4 seed. Unfortunately, that is where the gurantees come to a quick end. For all the talent this squad has, it seems to lack real leadership. With 3 seniors and 4 juniors, that plain hard to understand. Yet that is the way it is. It seems this team has no one that steps up and says "Enough of the stupidity", and takes charge. My guess is that as long as they can blow teams out, they win. Put them in a close game and they will find a way to choke them away. This team needs Casey Hill NOW. If Young uses his intelligence, recognizes the need for 1 more year of development and returns, along w all the influx of talent (prep and transfer), this team SHOULD go far. But as it is constituted now, outside of every tourney game being played in the O dome, this team doesnt go more than 3 games deep.

This team can't be victim to Boynton's streaky nature. The need to find other options...Murphy, Prather...we need guys who pick up the slack on off nights.
gatorspook

Postby Swamp82 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:21 pm

We've got to pick it up quick
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum