Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ReelGatorDoc and 42 guests

In (somewhat) memory of MuncieNole

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

In (somewhat) memory of MuncieNole

Postby vulcan_alex » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:57 am

UF band wins a special award

http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/florida-ma ... er-trophy/

Cut and Paste

The University of Florida puts on a great show not only throughout Saturday afternoons with its elite football team on the field, but during the halftimes of home games as well.

On Saturday, the Gators marching band was awarded the Sudler Trophy. According to the Los Angeles Times, the Trophy can be most easily described as “the Heisman Trophy of the collegiate band world”.

The Sudler Trophy is a biannual award, and, interestingly, is never presented to the same school twice. Here is an official description of the Sudler Trophy:

The purpose of the Sudler Trophy is to identify and recognize collegiate marching bands of particular excellence who have made outstanding contributions to the American way of life. The Sudler Trophy is awarded biannually to a college or university marching band which has demonstrated the highest musical standards and innovative marching routines and ideas, and which has made important contributions to the advancement of the performance standards of college marching bands over a period of years.

I won't be making many band posts, but with the recent discussion of MuncieNole, and my time in Muncie IN. I could not help myself.

Bloviate!!
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Re: In (somewhat) memory of MuncieNole

Postby law98gator » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:58 am

vulcan_alex wrote:On Saturday, the Gators marching band was awarded the Sudler Trophy. According to the Los Angeles Times, the Trophy can be most easily described as “the Heisman Trophy of the collegiate band world”.
Somewhere, Flute boy isn't happy with this and is complaining to everyone who will listen.

Maybe next year the Marching Clowns will be BACK!
Last edited by law98gator on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Maybe, maybe, there ain't no maybe in Band.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby BoomTown » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:01 pm

I think Muncie got out at the right time. This news might have been more than he could bear...or than we would have let him bear. ;)
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:47 pm

BoomTown wrote:I think Muncie got out at the right time. This news might have been more than he could bear...or than we would have let him bear. ;)

The most upset I ever remember Muncie was when they wouldn't send the band to the emerald nuts bowl....he took this stuff seriously.
gatorspook

Postby vulcan_alex » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:56 pm

I seem to remember his wanting the UF band to improve so perhaps they have. He was a nice human being and might have a smile at this thread. At least I hope so.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 pm

gatorspook wrote:
BoomTown wrote:I think Muncie got out at the right time. This news might have been more than he could bear...or than we would have let him bear. ;)

The most upset I ever remember Muncie was when they wouldn't send the band to the emerald nuts bowl....he took this stuff seriously.

You'd think that would be a positive thing. I'll bet the football team wishes they received they same consideration.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatorspook » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:49 pm

law98gator wrote:
gatorspook wrote:

You'd think that would be a positive thing. I'll bet the football team wishes they received they same consideration.

That's hilarious.
gatorspook

Postby Swamp82 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:03 pm

He was a pretty good guy, I would mess with him about being in band and thinking he knew anything about football. He played well if there was respect involved. RIP
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum