Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, TN G8tr and 25 guests

Hines to the Patriots

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Hines to the Patriots

Postby alcoholica » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Anyone else see this as inevitable? Hines being multifaceted, would be a nice pickup for NE. With his size/speed/strength combo, the staff would have a lot of fun creating packages for him. Plus, he has received very little publicity in his college career. I'm sure he'll throw up some sick numbers at the combine, but won't GM"s ignore him since he didn't do much at UF, when UF didn't have anyone to overshadow him?

I definitely see NE picking him up in the 5th rd or later if he's on the board and they don't have a higher rated player still on their board. Potentially 4th rd, but that would be assuming 4.4 40-time, with good reps on the bench, otherwise I don't see NE in a rush.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Re: Hines to the Patriots

Postby Coach9 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:25 pm

I doubt he gets a combine invite. He'll fly under the radar. Pats might be one of the few teams that know about him. Probably ends up an undrafted free agent.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby alcoholica » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Coach9 wrote:I doubt he gets a combine invite. He'll fly under the radar. Pats might be one of the few teams that know about him. Probably ends up an undrafted free agent.

Even w/o a combine, he'd still be seen at pro day, and we'll likely have quite a few teams coming to that.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:47 pm

alcoholica wrote:I'm sure he'll throw up some sick numbers at the combine.

I don't know how fast he'll be and plenty of teams look at that first and foremost.

I don't know about gm's overlooking what he's done. He doesn't have stats, but he played in an offense that has been pathetic for four years. He will have a really nice highlight reel though. It seemed like every time he got on the field he made something happen. He just couldn't get on the field past all the submediocrity that had been promised starting jobs and, ironically, due to others deficiencies. They'll also see a guy who is versatile and blocks pretty well. It was really this versatility and strength that hurt him the most. He got stuck at TE and FB a bunch because of it. We had, at times, starting TEs and FBs who were close to worthless blocking, though this should be expected out of converted QBs and was a recruiting/coaching issue more than anything else.

He's a functional slot receiver, TB and FB. He's good on STs. I won't be surprised if he finds a home somewhere.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:58 pm

He'll get a look and a chance to make a practice squad. I'm sure their are several teams that will be interested in him. He can project to a few positions but his upside is limited with all of them. He could latch on as a special teams player and be really productive though and I'd imagine that's what teams see in him at this point.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 am

I don't think he'll run 4.40. More like 4.53.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Homer J » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:41 am

He fits into the mold of what Bill B likes in his players - multidimensional. He could be the next Danny Woodhead.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:05 am

Omarious Hines is more like Hines Ward and he will need to play just as nasty if he wants to be successful in the NFL. He could do it with the right team.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Yes he could, has a great motor.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum