Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The RH Factor and 28 guests

Tebow to Jacksonville?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Tebow to Jacksonville?

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:22 pm

God I hope this happens. It's miserable trying to root for the bunch of bums we have playing in Jacksonville right now. Tebow is better than Gabbert or Henne and I doubt they try to draft a QB in a down draft year. The speculation is that the GM Gene Smith will be fired soon and Shad Khan will give the new GM the option of keeping the current coaching staff. Gene Smith is the person that has prevented Tebow from being here in the first place. But Khan knows Tebow will put butts in seats. Let's hope he hires a GM that will support Tim. I say Tebow gets a year to try to prove himself. If he doesn't cut it I think he'd willingly switch positions and stay playing in his home town. I think all everyone wants is for Tim to get a fair chance.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8773675/tim-tebow-virtual-certainty-sign-jacksonville-jaguars-2013-according-sources
Last edited by GatorTAG on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Re: Tebow to Jacksonville?

Postby rogdochar » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 pm

"GatorTag", that trade would be fine, if for Jaguars sake, Tim makes
the Jax-brass include that they will take absolutely no-one else from
the Jets ... we're trying to get better here. :cool:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NVGator » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:31 pm

I don't see the current staff playing Tebow than he has at NY. Question is, does Khan get rid of Gene and clean house of the coaching staff as well? Build a team around TT?

*edit. I see you edited your post as well Tag
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:36 pm

If this happens Rog may have to invest in more diapers for himself.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:39 pm

NVGator wrote:I don't see the current staff playing Tebow than he has at NY. Question is, does Khan get rid of Gene and clean house of the coaching staff as well? Build a team around TT?

*edit. I see you edited your post as well Tag

Well he should do so. Simple you play Tim, get him support for at least two years or find another job. After a fair chance Tim won't insist on continuing if he is not successful.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:51 pm

I'd like to see Khan get Tebow then hire Josh McDaniels, one of the guys who has truly believed in Tebow from the beginning.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby UFever » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:07 pm

DCflorida wrote:I'd like to see Khan get Tebow then hire Josh McDaniels, one of the guys who has truly believed in Tebow from the beginning.

So,..out with the Gator coach to bring in the Gator player?
UFever
Heisman Gator

Postby BNAG8R » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:09 pm

DCflorida wrote:I'd like to see Khan get Tebow then hire Josh McDaniels, one of the guys who has truly believed in Tebow from the beginning.

This would be a coup of epic proportions.
In all kinds of weather we'll all stick together......for F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!
BNAG8R
All-American Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:13 pm

I could go for that.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorMoJo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Jags will either have the first or second pick in the draft. If Tebow is here then who should they pick up?

Jags o-line is horrible by the way.
@flgatormojo on twitter
GatorMoJo
Senior Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:15 pm

UFever wrote:

the Gator coach sucks, its embarrassing to even associate him with UF and very few even know there is a relationship there.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:19 pm

GatorMoJo wrote:Jags will either have the first or second pick in the draft. If Tebow is here then who should they pick up?

It's not a great draft this year. They need help in so many areas, I hope they trade out of that top spot and acquire a lot of draft picks. They need a new GM that will know how to build through the draft. They need picks though.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby DCflorida » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 pm

UFever wrote:

Mularkey's apathy and shrug of the shoulders toward landing Tebow last year, while Ryan and the Jets were lying to him, told me all I needed to know about Mularkey's Gator loyalty.

He can go, I don't care.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby alcoholica » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Would Mike Holmgren be interested in being a GM? And would he fit in Jax?

Agree that Smith needs to be gone...I'm tired of taking random players from small schools and think we'll hit a 6th rd lottery. I also haven't enjoyed the drafting of Gators there, with the exception of Taylor. However, this is a perfect opportunity to trade down and pick up Floyd in the late 1st round. Provided Floyd leaves early. I think Floyd would be a solid starter at the next level and Jax could start accumulating draft picks instead of drafting Alulawho? with the 12th pick.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:22 pm

If there ever were a story of relativity, this is it, trading one hellhole for another.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Ga Gator » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Hire Urbansky to coach the Jags; then we might not hate him anymore.
Ga Gator
Senior Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:27 pm

DCflorida wrote:
UFever wrote:

Mularkey's apathy and shrug of the shoulders toward landing Tebow last year, while Ryan and the Jets were lying to him, told me all I needed to know about Mularkey's Gator loyalty.

He can go, I don't care.

I don't care either. But what makes you think that Mularkey didn't want him? I think Mularkey was told he had to play Gabbert because Gene Smith's fate is tied to Gabbert's success or failure.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby DCflorida » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:28 pm

GatorMoJo wrote:Jags will either have the first or second pick in the draft. If Tebow is here then who should they pick up?

It's a damn shame Clowney is a year away, when the Jags finally get #1 overall. Maybe Jarvis Jones?

On offense, they need to get MJD back, they have decent WR potential with Blackman and Shorts, but another good one wouldn't hurt, maybe Marqise Lee from USCw.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:30 pm

MatthewM. wrote:If this happens Rog may have to invest in more diapers for himself.

Now 'Matt', just 'cause you keep pulling my belt-line open and
checking, doesn't make them diapers. :eek:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:30 pm

The fact that Mike Mularkey went to UF does not mean he isn't one of the worst head coaches in the league and doesn't deserve to get fired. That whole irrelevant organization needs to be blown up from the top down
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum