Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, soflagator, Yahoo [Bot] and 49 guests

Why I support Tim Tebow

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby vulcan_alex » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Someone wondered why Gator fans support Tim Tebow so much and I thought it might deserve a thread of its own.

My reasons follow:

Tim is one of the best human beings that I can think of. He has a servant’s heart and a warrior’s body. I can’t imagine myself or many others doing what he does for children, criminals, etc.

Tim has proven himself a capable athlete at every level where he has earned an opportunity. Now I agree he is not as capable of a passer as elite QB’s, but how many does the NFL have as drop back QB’s?

Now I understand that the team that want’s Tebow as a QB will have to adjust their offense to accommodate his skill set and a team is never successful due to one or even several players.

Tim also serves as a great representative for the organization who can have a positive impact in the community which is important with our many issues.

Tim is willing to work at other positions especially (I believe) if you gave him a good chance to be a QB and he did not get the job done.

I believe that the Jets were not honest with Tim and never had any intention of giving him an opportunity to contribute. Now were they just stupid or foolish I don’t know but I suspect they have their own agenda.

Tim will eventually become a leader in the real world and I believe his impact will be much greater than anything that he will or could as just a football player.

These are the reasons I support Tim as an NFL or CFL QB.

I will support Tim in whatever the future holds for him.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Because he was a UF QB and helped us win two national championships.
User avatar
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 13952
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:44 pm

WobbleGator wrote:Because he was a UF QB and helped us win two national championships.


:scratchchin:
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
User avatar
Jabberdave
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7002
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby vulcan_alex » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm

WobbleGator wrote:Because he was a UF QB and helped us win two national championships.


I agree but if he had in my opinon or based on experience no chance to be effective I would not be as supportive.

We have several other UF QB's who either has less talent or have had their opportunities that I am not that energized to support.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:30 pm

I just like names that utilize alliteration. :dunno:
:burp:
User avatar
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Somewhere in the woods.

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:31 pm

vulcan_alex wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:Because he was a UF QB and helped us win two national championships.


I agree but if he had in my opinon or based on experience no chance to be effective I would not be as supportive.

We have several other UF QB's who either has less talent or have had their opportunities that I am not that energized to support.


So this thread is about you supporting Tebow in his NFL endeavors only? Can't you just support a good guy regardless of what he does in the pros?

This isn't very Gator Nationey of you, Alex. Being Vulcan, I expect more logical posts from you.

Live long and post better.

Image
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
User avatar
Jabberdave
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7002
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby delg8tor » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:I just like names that utilize alliteration. :dunno:

Have you been reading the dictionary again? :lol:
delg8tor
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby AlexDaGator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:I just like names that utilize alliteration. :dunno:



Hmmmnnnn.......Gasquatch Gator????? :dunno:

I vote "no" on alliteration for you. Let's stick with Sas.



Alex.
User avatar
AlexDaGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby gatordad » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:01 pm

TT has done nothing wrong here. The sports press has made him into something that he never wanted. Folks outside of gator nation hate the guy and don't want to hear his name used in the same sentence with either their pro team or as a QB. It is not his fault. As much as I have hated the Jets in the past as a Dolphin fan, I hate them more than ever now based upon how he has been treated by them.

I don't know what the future holds for him. I do know that no matter what happens, it will not affect him as a person, role-model, or player. He is the kind of guy you pray shows up at your door to ask your daughter out. I feel pretty bad for the guy and have wondered over the last year how the hell he ended up in NY!
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:03 pm

gatordad wrote:TT has done nothing wrong here. The sports press has made him into something that he never wanted. Folks outside of gator nation hate the guy and don't want to hear his name used in the same sentence with either their pro team or as a QB. It is not his fault. As much as I have hated the Jets in the past as a Dolphin fan, I hate them more than ever now based upon how he has been treated by them.

I don't know what the future holds for him. I do know that no matter what happens, it will not affect him as a person, role-model, or player. He is the kind of guy you pray shows up at your door to ask your daughter out. I feel pretty bad for the guy and have wondered over the last year how the hell he ended up in NY!


Agree with all of it and really, really agree with the text in bold. :cool:
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
User avatar
Jabberdave
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7002
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby ShowMeLove » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:19 pm

vulcan_alex wrote:Someone wondered why Gator fans support Tim Tebow so much and I thought it might deserve a thread of its own.

My reasons follow:

Tim is one of the best human beings that I can think of. He has a servant’s heart and a warrior’s body. I can’t imagine myself or many others doing what he does for children, criminals, etc.

Tim has proven himself a capable athlete at every level where he has earned an opportunity. Now I agree he is not as capable of a passer as elite QB’s, but how many does the NFL have as drop back QB’s?

Now I understand that the team that want’s Tebow as a QB will have to adjust their offense to accommodate his skill set and a team is never successful due to one or even several players.

Tim also serves as a great representative for the organization who can have a positive impact in the community which is important with our many issues.

Tim is willing to work at other positions especially (I believe) if you gave him a good chance to be a QB and he did not get the job done.

I believe that the Jets were not honest with Tim and never had any intention of giving him an opportunity to contribute. Now were they just stupid or foolish I don’t know but I suspect they have their own agenda.

Tim will eventually become a leader in the real world and I believe his impact will be much greater than anything that he will or could as just a football player.

These are the reasons I support Tim as an NFL or CFL QB.

I will support Tim in whatever the future holds for him.


So, to make a long story short, he's a good guy and a baller.

You are very, very welcome.
User avatar
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:44 pm

I think the frustrating thing is that guys like RGIII, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton have been given opportunities to run a spread, read option type offense that all the NFL "experts" said wouldn't work in the NFL. I think they're all just racist against a white guy doing it. ;)
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
User avatar
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby rogdochar » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:26 pm

All college football fans follow with support their college's local
football hero RB, WR, DE, LB ++ QB*, especially NC winners. But
Tebow did not remain our local hero. Because of his highest,
kindest personal character Tim was adopted as hero/role model
by kids, moms, dads across this entire nation. Unlike most sports
heroes Tim Tebow let none of them down. By all of his "all-positives"
he gave GatorNation the very-most to be proud of & about.

When Tim pursued his "DREAM" to the NFL, (of mostly sullied heroes),
before being given an "open-unbiased" chance, the bullying began.
Tim was media-dogged during the college all-star game practices &
that was the start of the height of a tsunami swelling of the meanest
bullying the sports world has ever seen .... and there's more coming.

{{ Media-print & speeches against Lance Armstrong's world-cheating multi-year scams have & will have broadcast 1/10th the negativity
Tim's brow-beaten efforts to honestly win at his dream have taken.

When you bully a GatorNation Family Member, you're damn-wrong
your 'gonna' get our hottest ire and unfaltering defense of the
most stalwart spirit to grace any football field.

What hypocrites out there,across this nation. Hollywood "non-role"
models lecture the entire nation, "downing" acts of bullying, yet
so many readily jump on the "Bash-Tebow" bully-bandwagon . Bet
Steven A. Smith has made such condemnation of bullying.

That this bullying is a campaign can be seen from the lowness of
particular "slogan-hits" : Scoff & abuse Tim's Religious Faith,
his virginity beliefs, his non-waywardness (fodder for the press) ETC.

All this SHOULD MAKE AMERICA come to this VICTIM's defense, not
just the GatorNation. Were I lucky enough to be in Tim's football
shoes the press would have the JOY of headlining the story that,
yesterday, I was found hanging in my closet. :madevil: SHAME it all.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12752
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby wfoster314 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:48 pm

It's nice to know that TT's millions will feed a lot of hungry people.
Merry Christmas!!!
To Be...
User avatar
wfoster314
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby cover2 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 pm

vulcan_alex wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:Because he was a UF QB and helped us win two national championships.


I agree but if he had in my opinon or based on experience no chance to be effective I would not be as supportive.

We have several other UF QB's who either has less talent or have had their opportunities that I am not that energized to support.

Like Jesse Palmer? Saw him on Sportcenter this morning (along with Lomas Brown and David Pollack - interesting that they had two Gators "discussing" Tebow's situation!) and he pretty much trashed Tim, saying he had no future as an NFL QB and quoted "others" who have said that Tim was "embarassing" during practice. First of all, if you are going to use somebody else's words to denegrate another, cite the author specifically so it doesn't sound like you are the town crier or simply grinding an ax. Second, if your resume is less than the person you're bashing (a stint on The Bachelor and hanging with a well-known bastard like Craig James notwithstanding), then you're most likely operating off of extreme butt-hurt. Hate stooping to his level (bashing another Gator), but Palmer came off looking more like a smug prick in portions of the discussion than one with a professional opinion.
"I aim to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hang in Ft. Smith at Judge Parker's convenience! Which'll it be?"
User avatar
cover2
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Location: Looking for a game...

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby Coach9 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 pm

What's not to like about the kid?
He should be the least polarizing athlete out there instead of the most.
Personally, if someone doesn't like Timmy, the problem lies with them.
User avatar
Coach9
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4775
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby vulcan_alex » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Jabberdave wrote:
vulcan_alex wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:Because he was a UF QB and helped us win two national championships.


I agree but if he had in my opinon or based on experience no chance to be effective I would not be as supportive.

We have several other UF QB's who either has less talent or have had their opportunities that I am not that energized to support.


So this thread is about you supporting Tebow in his NFL endeavors only? Can't you just support a good guy regardless of what he does in the pros?

This isn't very Gator Nationey of you, Alex. Being Vulcan, I expect more logical posts from you.

Live long and post better.

Image



No it is not but the start of it was in the thread about his NFL QB activities. Some poster wanted to know why we Gators supported him so strongly and I thought a seperate thread might be interesting.

Perhaps you missed the start where I insisted that he will do much more important work after his NFL or other football career is over.

Thanks for the live long and post better. Posts can always be improved and I am far from the best (or most logical) poster here.

As an aside I post as Vulcan since I have had in the past a somewhat bad temper (especially when I was young) similar to Vulcans. I used the example to somewhat address my anger. Of course being human I am not capable of the level of perfection that the script requires of "real" Vulcans.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby law98gator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Damn, I thought he sucked on the political board. He's even worse here.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16925
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby vulcan_alex » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:43 pm

law98gator wrote:Damn, I thought he sucked on the political board. He's even worse here.


Perhaps you should add whoever you are talking about to the foe list. It is an effective way of avoiding posts that "suck". I recommend it highly for reducing annoying posters.

It would be nice to know which poster you are refering to so we don't have to "assume" after all we know what assuming means.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Why I support Tim Tebow

Postby jagator0 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 pm

GatorTAG wrote:I think the frustrating thing is that guys like RGIII, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton have been given opportunities to run a spread, read option type offense that all the NFL "experts" said wouldn't work in the NFL. I think they're all just racist against a white guy doing it. ;)


RGIII is white. So is Colin Kaepernick. Just ask Rob Parker...when he gets back from suspension.
jagator0
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron