Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], itsgr82baflagator, triplegator and 56 guests

Idk if this means anything but..

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Idk if this means anything but..

Postby NJGator85 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Like I said in title I don't know if this means anything but Cummings says he's wearing #3 next year, D. Robinson says he's wearing #11, and Lane #22. Obviously those are the numbers of Jenkins, Reed & Elam. Guess this means they're moving on to the NFL? I would assume Robinson n Reed would be on the field at the same time at some point next year so guess they're as good as gone.
NJGator85
Redshirt Gator

Re: Idk if this means anything but..

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Yep.... it means anything . :cool:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby 8802gator » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:55 pm

From what I have heard Reed is 50/50. I doubt Jenkins leaves. He has the talent, but needs to show the NFL that he can finish a season. I have not heard anything about Elam. None of that comes from any inside source. It is just what has been reported.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby ltraz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:43 pm

NJGator85 wrote:Like I said in title I don't know if this means anything but Cummings says he's wearing #3 next year, D. Robinson says he's wearing #11, and Lane #22. Obviously those are the numbers of Jenkins, Reed & Elam. Guess this means they're moving on to the NFL? I would assume Robinson n Reed would be on the field at the same time at some point next year so guess they're as good as gone.

Lane getting 22 obviously doesn't mean anything (except that if Elam stays we can't make an offensive formation with two bowling balls in it). Cummings doesn't mean much to me, b/c I could definitely see JJ already claiming #1 next year and it's his if he wants it. D Robinson getting #11 is the one that says something, but no offense to Reed I could see him thinking he's leaving until he hears back from every NFL team telling him to stay another year.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

ltraz wrote:
NJGator85 wrote:Like I said in title I don't know if this means anything but Cummings says he's wearing #3 next year, D. Robinson says he's wearing #11, and Lane #22. Obviously those are the numbers of Jenkins, Reed & Elam. Guess this means they're moving on to the NFL? I would assume Robinson n Reed would be on the field at the same time at some point next year so guess they're as good as gone.

Lane getting 22 obviously doesn't mean anything (except that if Elam stays we can't make an offensive formation with two bowling balls in it). Cummings doesn't mean much to me, b/c I could definitely see JJ already claiming #1 next year and it's his if he wants it. D Robinson getting #11 is the one that says something, but no offense to Reed I could see him thinking he's leaving until he hears back from every NFL team telling him to stay another year.

I'd like to see Reed stay another year too, but if you blank your mind of the fumble against UGA, he's had a pretty darn solid year. He may get more encouragement to move on up than some on this board want to believe.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:54 pm

If they're playing on the opposite side of the ball it wouldn't matter. Looks like it's time to start reading up on recruiting for me lol, bc I have no idea. And Reed will probably go. Are there a lot of TEs in this draft? Jenkins and Elam will hopefully stay.
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 pm

What date will we know for certain the destiny of our various
players on the verge of NFL status ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ltraz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 pm

NavetG8r wrote:
ltraz wrote:

I'd like to see Reed stay another year too, but if you blank your mind of the fumble against UGA, he's had a pretty darn solid year. He may get more encouragement to move on up than some on this board want to believe.

He's had a very good year catching the ball, but to give you a little perspective..he's not the receiver that AH was and he's half the blocker and AH didn't go that early. What he does have going for him is a better frame so another year at 10# heavier would benefit him a lot.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 pm

rogdochar wrote:What date will we know for certain the destiny of our various
players on the verge of NFL status ?

I think around Jan 15th. Which is after early enrollees but before signing day.
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby Coach9 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Reed likes to jump.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby UFGatorD » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 am

Coach9 wrote:Reed likes to jump.

and fumble :cry2: :cry2:
UFGatorD
Freshman Gator

Postby UFGatorD » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:01 am

I have a feeling that Elam stays one more year. He has family in the NFL already and may take another year to improve his stock if the talking heads are right and he's a mid-second rounder right now. Making the All-American team may push him out a little bit, but another year could get him in to 15 of first round next year.

Again, nothing but a gut feeling. Every now and again we get a pleasant surprise like that. If he does go, I wont blame him and he will be great! Loved having him here, especially after he was a little wishy-washy during his recruitment.
UFGatorD
Freshman Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:58 am

As some have pointed out, these numbers don't suggest anything. If someone can find out who is taking #1, then there may be something to the Jenkins issue, but I would almost bet it is nothing more than Jenkins claiming that number.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby mtn2top » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:00 pm

I set up a dartboard last night in a very robust scientific fashion on this question, so I feel very confident in making the following predictions. Elam is gone. Jenkins and Reed will play another season.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby DCflorida » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Jelani Jenkins just had surgery to repair his broken foot and will miss the bowl game. He was unlikely to leave even before the injury. I'd be shocked if he went pro at this point.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 pm

DCflorida wrote:Jelani Jenkins just had surgery to repair his broken foot and will miss the bowl game. He was unlikely to leave even before the injury. I'd be shocked if he went pro at this point.

Jenkins needs another year for sure. And we need him.
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum