Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, Google Adsense [Bot], Hoosier Gator, lumagator, MSNbot Media, soflagator and 42 guests

Who's our next Jordan Reed?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Who's our next Jordan Reed?

Postby NavetG8r » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:36 am

The speculation is he's going to leave for the NFL. If that happens, who becomes our match-up nightmare TE? It sure as heck isn't Clay Burton. He can't catch. Do we have anyone ready to step in and take over?
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Re: Who's our next Jordan Reed?

Postby gatorJ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:52 am

Kent Taylor and Colin Thompson. Both are 6'5. Both were Frosh this year. Kent was the #1 TE on Rivals. Colin was #6. Colin was 250lbs coming in last year. Kent was a bit light at 225. I'm sure neither played because they had to learn the offense. In particular how to block. And I'm not sure their bodies were ready for that.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby NavetG8r » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 am

gatorJ wrote:Kent Taylor and Colin Thompson. Both are 6'5. Both were Frosh this year. Kent was the #1 TE on Rivals. Colin was #6. Colin was 250lbs coming in last year. Kent was a bit light at 225. I'm sure neither played because they had to learn the offense. In particular how to block. And I'm not sure their bodies were ready for that.

I guess we have to hope coach Dillman gets their bodies ready. Has anyone seen any sign they can catch? I can't remember anything from the spring game or practice reports off the top of my head that might give some hope one of those two can be a play-maker.

I guess I'm just nervous because even with Jordan's few flaws, he made a lot of big plays for us this year. If he goes to the NFL, that's a big weapon we're losing.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby gatortracker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:36 pm

I believe Colin Thompson broke his foot in practice before the season..he was rated as a great blocking tight end out of college and he does have the weight to do the job. I have not heard any feedback on the status of his injury..if anybody knows put it here. You would think with all the coaches we could teach Clay to catch the ball when it hits him in the hands...
gatortracker
Senior Gator

Postby gatorJ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:58 pm

gatortracker wrote:I believe Colin Thompson broke his foot in practice before the season..he was rated as a great blocking tight end out of college and he does have the weight to do the job. I have not heard any feedback on the status of his injury..if anybody knows put it here. You would think with all the coaches we could teach Clay to catch the ball when it hits him in the hands...

Didn't Clay play LBer in HS? I think it's a new position for him.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatortracker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:21 pm

He played DE in high school
gatortracker
Senior Gator

Postby BMF » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

I think the two freshman are easy answers to this question (who's the next Reed?). But Burton has a chance to get a lot of snaps next year. He's an athlete, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's our best pass catching TE next year. However, I'd love to see the two freshman (sophmore's next year) live up to their potential.

On Reed: he should stay in school one more year. He's raw and could use another year of development.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Kent.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Double Gator Dad » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:05 pm

None of the TE's on our roster have demonstrated the ability to jump for passes that are waist high so I guess we do not have another Jordan Reed
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:14 pm

ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BuckFudder » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:28 pm

We are dangerously thin at TE.
BuckFudder
Senior Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Supposedly Kent Taylor will be better than Reed. What's his weight up to now?
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby jereed » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Having three tight ends (all young) is great as we use a lot of heavy sets. My guess is they'll all get significant time. It is very good to be a Gator.
Rebel, take a vacation.
jereed
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:39 pm

If we have a worthy TE coach, no player who can't block & catch
should touch the field. Isn't mastering your position something
the position coach is required to produce ? Those young Gators
need & deserve that.

Reed should stay due to the assurity that next year's offense will
increase in passing attack. I think Reed has a lot more to show
NFL evaluators ... & especially Mel Kiper.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BMF » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:34 pm

BuckFudder wrote:We are dangerously thin at TE.

If Westbrook stays, we have 4 scholarship TE's. Otherwise, we are very thin there. Obviously we'll see one or two of the OT's line up in the jumbo/heavy sets. But none of them are TE's.

We probably need to get another FB on the roster as well.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby ltraz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

BMF wrote:
BuckFudder wrote:We are dangerously thin at TE.

If Westbrook stays, we have 4 scholarship TE's. Otherwise, we are very thin there. Obviously we'll see one or two of the OT's line up in the jumbo/heavy sets. But none of them are TE's.

We probably need to get another FB on the roster as well.

---

We'll have two fullbacks...just like this year. We probably don't have the space to dress 3 based off the fact that we only use one part of the time. I assume big, little Burton is the emergency fullback.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:04 pm

gatorJ wrote:Kent Taylor and Colin Thompson. Both are 6'5. Both were Frosh this year. Kent was the #1 TE on Rivals. Colin was #6. Colin was 250lbs coming in last year. Kent was a bit light at 225. I'm sure neither played because they had to learn the offense. In particular how to block. And I'm not sure their bodies were ready for that.

These two guys are looking solid physically. Saw them yesterday after graduation while I was taking pictures around campus.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby gatorJ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:09 pm

GatorKen wrote:

These two guys are looking solid physically. Saw them yesterday after graduation while I was taking pictures around campus.

That's great news. Rarely can a freshman come in and play TE. It's just a physically demanding position. Like O-lineman. Especially in a run heavy offense such as ours.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby EuroGator » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:33 pm

You may have meant that neither played a lot, but technically Kent played this year. I don't think Thompson did because of the aforementioned injury and (most likely) position on the depth chart. I only point this out to say that I think Kent will be a Soph. and Thompson will be a RF.

Wasn't the Zooker talking about Patchan playing some TE for us back in the day?
:scratchhead:
Work 'em silly Gators!
:chomp:
EuroGator
Senior Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:44 pm

EuroGator wrote:

You may have meant that neither played a lot, but technically Kent played this year. I don't think Thompson did because of the aforementioned injury and (most likely) position on the depth chart. I only point this out to say that I think Kent will be a Soph. and Thompson will be a RF.

Wasn't the Zooker talking about Patchan playing some TE for us back in the day?
:scratchhead:

I believe it was Ray Graves. ;)
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum