Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ReelGatorDoc and 41 guests

A&M loses their OC to coach Texas Tech

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

A&M loses their OC to coach Texas Tech

Postby oxrageous » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:49 am

oxrageous

Re: A&M loses their OC to coach Texas Tech

Postby Zambo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:49 am

Is he taking Manziel with him? I think not.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby Gator98MD » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:52 am

I think for TT it's a great hire. He's young and will energize the fan base
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:53 am

Sumlin is their real OC
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 am

The latest rumor is Manziel is considering a transfer, even having to sit out a year.
oxrageous

Postby law98gator » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:04 pm

They didn't want him anyway.

That pass happy Mumme Air Raid offense will never work in the SEC. To beat Bama, you have to try to run at the strength of their DEFENSE (sorry) rather than passing against their much weaker secondary.
Last edited by law98gator on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BostonGator84 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:11 pm

law98gator wrote:They didn't want him anyway.

That pass happy Mumme Air Raid offense will never work in the SEC. To beat Bama, you have to try to run at the strength of their offense rather than passing against their much weaker secondary.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if we have the ball, and we're running it at the strength of their offense, that would be on the sidelines? Are you suggesting we run nothing but jet sweeps and stretch plays? If so, I'm in.
BostonGator84
True Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:21 pm

oxrageous wrote:The latest rumor is Manziel is considering a transfer, even having to sit out a year.

Would be cool to see someone win two Heisman's at two different schools.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby Bucksweep » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 pm

law98gator wrote:They didn't want him anyway.

That pass happy Mumme Air Raid offense will never work in the SEC. To beat Bama, you have to try to run at the strength of their offense rather than passing against their much weaker secondary.

As long as you can protect the passer, its a good theory. But, I submit to you that Manziel really beat up Bama with his scrambling ability. By the way, the last Air Raid offense to win a championship was BYU in what, 1984 or 1985?
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator

Postby BostonGator84 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:28 pm

BYU won it all in 1984. Good old Robbie Bosco and beating a 6-5 Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl to win the national title. It was a happy day in Provo, and much Sprite was drunk in celebration.
BostonGator84
True Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Bucksweep wrote:As long as you can protect the passer, its a good theory. But, I submit to you that Manziel really beat up Bama with his scrambling ability.

Submit if you wish. Bama lost to the Johnny Footballs and nearly lost to the Balllickers. In both games, the QBs, Manziel and Murray, threw for over 250 yards and attacked their weakness. Obviously, Murray is no running QB yet he also almost beat Bama.

By the way, the last Air Raid offense to win a championship was BYU in what, 1984 or 1985?

Oklahoma in 2000, I'd guess. The problem with that offense first and foremost is that the coaches that like it (Mumme, Leach, Holgerson, Rich Rod and his tree adopted the passing aspects but threw in the option in a more pass happy mix) don't care much about defense. You can't win with only half a team.

I'm not a fan of the Air Raid (or any spread) offense. I remember watching a Gator vs. Mumme UK game where my Cat friend laughed about them completing two passes but still being in 3rd and 6 or getting 600 yards of offense but having nothing to do in the red zone (no power running game).
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby williston_gator » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 pm

oxrageous wrote:The latest rumor is Manziel is considering a transfer, even having to sit out a year.

He would be a fool to do so.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Zambo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 pm

williston_gator wrote:

seriously?
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby Bucksweep » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:41 pm

law98gator wrote:
Bucksweep wrote:As long as you can protect the passer, its a good theory. But, I submit to you that Manziel really beat up Bama with his scrambling ability.

Submit if you wish. Bama lost to the Johnny Footballs and nearly lost to the Balllickers. In both games, the QBs, Manziel and Murray, threw for over 250 yards and attacked their weakness. Obviously, Murray is no running QB yet he also almost beat Bama.

I'm not talking about his running past the line of scrimmage. He beat Bama by scrambling to throw.
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator

Postby williston_gator » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Zambo wrote:
williston_gator wrote:

seriously?

Seriously seriously? Yes. How would that be a good idea? He'd be a starting QB Heisman trophy winner transferring from an SEC school that beat the #1 team in the nation heading to a Big 12 team with lesser talent and would have to sit out a year all because his OC left.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Zambo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm

williston_gator wrote:
Zambo wrote:
williston_gator wrote:

seriously?

Seriously seriously? Yes. How would that be a good idea? He'd be a starting QB Heisman trophy winner transferring from an SEC school that beat the #1 team in the nation heading to a Big 12 team with lesser talent and would have to sit out a year all because his OC left.

By "seriously" what I meant to say is, "you do realize that Ox is being over-the-top-sarcastic-in-a-way-that-only-a-person-with-severe-learning-disabilities-wouldn't-recognize don't you?"
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm

:lol:
oxrageous

Postby Bucksweep » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:38 pm

In the words of Sheldon Cooper. "Was that sarcasm? ... drat"
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator

Postby G8rnTtown » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:50 pm

I "seriously" dont think he got it!
G8rnTtown
Baby Gator

Postby williston_gator » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Zambo wrote:
williston_gator wrote:
Zambo wrote:
williston_gator wrote:

seriously?

By "seriously" what I meant to say is, "you do realize that Ox is being over-the-top-sarcastic-in-a-way-that-only-a-person-with-severe-learning-disabilities-wouldn't-recognize don't you?"

Well, freaking NOW I do! :suicide:
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum