Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 12 guests

Gators flip WR Robinson from Clemson

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Gators flip WR Robinson from Clemson

Postby airg8r96 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:08 pm

I just read on another site that Demarcus Robinson has committed to UF. Sorry, I do not know how to do links.
The original airg8r96 on GSMB
Go Gators!!!
airg8r96
Redshirt Gator

Re: WR Flips

Postby MJMGator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 pm

airg8r96 wrote:I just read on another site that Demarcus Robinson has committed to UF. Sorry, I do not know how to do links.

Yeah, golf is a pretty tough game. Expensive, too, :)
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby ViewGator91 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:13 pm

247 has him committed to UF as of 12/12/12...

http://247sports.com/Player/Demarcus-Robinson-12039

ViewGator91
ViewGator91
Baby Gator

Postby GatorInKnox » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:18 pm

MJMGator wrote:
airg8r96 wrote:I just read on another site that Demarcus Robinson has committed to UF. Sorry, I do not know how to do links.

Yeah, golf is a pretty tough game. Expensive, too, :)

:lol: just takes practice
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby DCflorida » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Huge! This is the #5 WR in the country and makes some absolute circus catches on his video. Could this be Joker Phillips' first big score?

Check out the catch at the 1:30 mark - sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtFQRBVAXz0
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby GatorSteve » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Hope he is as good as the last WR we got out of Peach County. Welcome aboard Demarcus!
GatorSteve
Redshirt Gator

Postby GatorKen » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:31 pm

champ needs to start kicking out dead weight and kids who will not play :D gotta make room
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Now we have a true #1 and probably the best WR class in the country with Fulwood, Robinson and Bailey. Robinson is playmaker and will contribute. Has a good chance to start being an EE.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Re: Gators flip WR Robinson from Clemson

Postby BMF » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Gladly take this trade off for losing Powell.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby vulcan_alex » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:56 pm

GatorKen wrote:champ needs to start kicking out dead weight and kids who will not play :D gotta make room

Well we still can only sign 25 per year and as I understand only 32 in this cycle with EEs.

I think that two players could and should go on medical scolly. I don't support removing scolly from our recruits just because they are not as good as we expected, not if they have issues that they won't address that is different.

Issues include not performing in the classroom and not putting in the effort required. Almost nothing else.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:02 pm

When you're typing a post, look up and notice all the features at your disposal. "Quote" if you want to quote someone. "Url" if you want to link something. "Img" if you want to post an image, etc...
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:05 pm

I posted we had a chance to flip Robinson about a month ago. I also think there is a good chance we flip CB Jalen Ramsey from USC at some point.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:11 pm

GatorTAG wrote:I posted we had a chance to flip Robinson about a month ago. I also think there is a good chance we flip CB Jalen Ramsey from USC at some point.

Right now the coaches are in sniper mode, and with our momentum anyone they're targeting is a possibility. We've got our needs met and now we're just taking best available.

This one was all CWM but having Joker sitting next to him in DR house helped seal the deal. They aren't done either.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:19 pm

FunnGun wrote:
GatorTAG wrote:I posted we had a chance to flip Robinson about a month ago. I also think there is a good chance we flip CB Jalen Ramsey from USC at some point.

Right now the coaches are in sniper mode, and with our momentum anyone they're targeting is a possibility. We've got our needs met and now we're just taking best available.

This one was all CWM but having Joker sitting next to him in DR house helped seal the deal. They aren't done either.

I agree.

They're just cherry picking right now.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby sundaysunday » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:24 pm

GatorKen wrote:champ needs to start kicking out dead weight and kids who will not play :D gotta make room

Disagree with kicking kids off that are simply not good enough. 99% of the scholarship players were recruited by Muschamp or Meyer and if they are not good enough it is due to their evaluation and/or lack of developing talent. I am all for winning but not at the expense of our integrity.

Lastly I find it interesting that people used to criticize Saban for this very thing but now it is okay.
sundaysunday
Freshman Gator

Postby OldGatorAlum » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:24 pm

we're on a really nice roll

we keep this up and teams will just start forfeiting to us
OldGatorAlum
Freshman Gator

Postby mtn2top » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:30 pm

When the class is already loaded, as with this one, you can dial down to get what you really need. Robinson is a great addition to the UF receiving corps with the size to bump with SEC secondaries.

Agree with those who believe in honoring our commitment to all the student athletes we have recruited and extended scholarships. If you start that kind of nonsense no one on the recruiting trail will take you at your word.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby born2beagator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:40 pm

I'll bet Joker was the difference in the end
Alvin York wrote:
We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
born2beagator
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:40 pm

sundaysunday wrote:

Disagree with kicking kids off that are simply not good enough. 99% of the scholarship players were recruited by Muschamp or Meyer and if they are not good enough it is due to their evaluation and/or lack of developing talent. I am all for winning but not at the expense of our integrity.

Lastly I find it interesting that people used to criticize Saban for this very thing but now it is okay.

There are a lot of reason why kids don't work out. Most don't have anything to do with the coaches.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby sundaysunday » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 pm

FunnGun wrote:
sundaysunday wrote:

There are a lot of reason why kids don't work out. Most don't have anything to do with the coaches.

I agree with what you are saying but i am referring to kids not being good enough, not a lack of effort, off the field issues, poor grades etc.

When I read the initial statement I was envisioning a kid giving his all but unfortunately lacking in the God given talent department.
sundaysunday
Freshman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum