Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dugaboy, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, no1g8r and 25 guests

Article on Dillman

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Article on Dillman

Postby 8802gator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm

"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Re: Article on Dillman

Postby FunnGun » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Good read. :cool:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 pm

:holdingup4fingers:
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Homer J » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 pm

I wonder why no one was asking why Ohio State was preseason top 10 when they finished 6-7 last year, lost to us and had less returning starters than we did.

Many pundits questioned why Florida was ranked in this season’s preseason top 25 poll, when it checked in at No. 23. Very few people outside of Gainesville could foresee how one move allowed the Gators to return to national prominence.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Gotta love the intensity and the passion of Jeff Dillman. This was one of the most important hires by Will Muschamp switching Mickey Marotti to Dillman.

There is a quote from Bear Bryant that is a favorite of mine. "It is not the will to win that's important. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that makes the difference." There is a lot of truth in that and not just in football or athletics, but in any profession. All football players should have the will to win when they step out on the field. But usually those who have paid the price in practice and preparation come out on top.

Dillman and Muschamp both speak to this philosophy. Muschamp has said over and over if you don't practice well and hard then you aren't going to play on Saturday. Muschamp does not believe in the player who does not practice hard but on Saturday plays like a winner. Sure, that sometimes happens, but that's not Muschamp's or Dillman's way.

Dillman was the strength and conditioning coach when Appalachian State beat Michigan a few years back. Dillman says Appy won that game because they were in better condition not because they had more talent, but because they had the will to prepare to win. While the Wolverines were sucking air and lying down on the field with leg cramps, the boys from Booneville just kept kicking it in high gear.

It's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday that win football games just as much as Saturday.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 am

Muschamp like the Bear has a saying "Boom" it has worked out quite well this season. Dillman has done things for this team that can be measured on the field. Who in college football is in better shape strength wise going into the fourth quarter? I haven't seen a team besides Florida this year that seemed fresher in the fourth than in the first, just unfreaking beleavable. go Gators
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Bucksweep » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Dillman is as much a part of the Swamp Renaissance ( :rolleyes: at Alvin) as Muschamp, Pease, Quinn, or any of the others.
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator

Postby GulfG8r » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:

Gotta love the intensity and the passion of Jeff Dillman. This was one of the most important hires by Will Muschamp switching Mickey Marotti to Dillman.

There is a quote from Bear Bryant that is a favorite of mine. "It is not the will to win that's important. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that makes the difference." There is a lot of truth in that and not just in football or athletics, but in any profession. All football players should have the will to win when they step out on the field. But usually those who have paid the price in practice and preparation come out on top.

Dillman and Muschamp both speak to this philosophy. Muschamp has said over and over if you don't practice well and hard then you aren't going to play on Saturday. Muschamp does not believe in the player who does not practice hard but on Saturday plays like a winner. Sure, that sometimes happens, but that's not Muschamp's or Dillman's way.

Dillman was the strength and conditioning coach when Appalachian State beat Michigan a few years back. Dillman says Appy won that game because they were in better condition not because they had more talent, but because they had the will to prepare to win. While the Wolverines were sucking air and lying down on the field with leg cramps, the boys from Booneville just kept kicking it in high gear.

It's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday that win football games just as much as Saturday.

Great post Joe -- as usual
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby g8trs99 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Did anyone see Dillman trying to block the UGA players from running through our line of players coming out of the tunnel? This dude has a fire inside him for sure. Refuses to back down. Great hire.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Missed it but I sure would have liked to have seen it. He's Mr.Badass for sure.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Dillman for Press-a-dent ! :embarrassed:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Swamp82 wrote:Missed it but I sure would have liked to have seen it. He's Mr.Badass for sure.

Go here: http://www.sbnation.com/2012/10/27/3563896/florida-georgia-fight-video

The video was slow on my computer. Maybe it will do better on yours. But I did see Dillman pushing back the Georgia player.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Zambo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Between Dillman and Muschamp we've got to have two of the most passionate guys in the sport.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby Shrico » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 pm

At the end of the clip you see Dillman yelling up in the face of a georgia assistant coach after tearing into 2 players. Ahhh, brings tears to my eyes.
Shrico
Senior Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum