Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double Gator Dad, Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, NCOGator, TheDouglas78 and 64 guests

As the NFL Turns

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

As the NFL Turns

Postby Alvin York » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:03 am

They're already in the stretch run in the NFL. Teams are jockeying for position in the Playoffs. Everything's on the line with 3 weeks to go. Atlanta of the NFC and Houston of the AFC have the best records. Does anyone here expect the Falcons and Texans to play for the Super Bowl? Both teams are starting to show signs of vulnerabilities with late season losses. I don't see either one of them making it to the Super Bowl. Two other teams that were juggernauts the first half of the season, San Francisco and Baltimore, appear to be fading a bit. There are three formidable peaking teams that have seemingly been flying under the radar, the Green Bay Packers, the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots. Hold up. Never count out the New York Giants in late November and December. All have elite quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Eli Manning. Don't be surprised if 2 or these 4 teams find their way to New Orleans.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Re: As the NFL Turns

Postby willgetin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 am

Alv: We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
Alv: You do realize your signature bums me out more than any other Jort rabble on the GSMB...Any chance you would...remove it?
willgetin
Heisman Gator

Postby Alvin York » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:15 am

You know what the home folks of New Orleans are dreaming of, don't you? They want their homeboys, Peyton and Eli, returning to Bourbon Street to put on the biggest Super Bowl fireworks display the world has ever seen.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorbythebay » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:17 am

Green Bay blew out Houston, they are not that good. It doesn't take much this year to be the boss of the AFC, and Houston has been taking full advantage of that. New England should be the clear favorite to represent the AFC, all other teams in that conference blow. NFC is the tricky one to pick. If Green Bay has Heisman winner Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, a healthy O-line, and all WRs healthy then they can make a legit run at the title. As you said, NY is a team to always watch out for, but history says they either won't make the playoffs or will not adavance past their first playoff appearance. Atlanta I have no faith in until they give me a reason to. They are like the Cowboys; always hyped up and can't win a game in the playoffs. San Fran is another team that should make a deep push this post-season, but I could also see their QB situation biting them in the a$$. The Bears and Seahawks will be the last two teams in the NFC, and either one of them could pull off a first round upset and are good enough to beat any AFC team except the Pats. My prediction is the Pats vs the Packers.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby Alvin York » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 am

Gatorbythebay wrote:Green Bay blew out Houston, they are not that good. It doesn't take much this year to be the boss of the AFC, and Houston has been taking full advantage of that. New England should be the clear favorite to represent the AFC, all other teams in that conference blow. NFC is the tricky one to pick. If Green Bay has Heisman winner Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, a healthy O-line, and all WRs healthy then they can make a legit run at the title. As you said, NY is a team to always watch out for, but history says they either won't make the playoffs or will not adavance past their first playoff appearance. Atlanta I have no faith in until they give me a reason to. They are like the Cowboys; always hyped up and can't win a game in the playoffs. San Fran is another team that should make a deep push this post-season, but I could also see their QB situation biting them in the a$$. The Bears and Seahawks will be the last two teams in the NFC, and either one of them could pull off a first round upset and are good enough to beat any AFC team except the Pats. My prediction is the Pats vs the Packers.

You make a good argument for the Patriots and Packers in the Super Bowl. The odds would go up for that scenario if
Rob Gronkowski returns for New England and Clay Mathews and Charles Woodson get back to Green Bay.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:32 am

Thank you willgetin.

Patriots vs 49ers.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorJB » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 pm

WobbleGator wrote:Thank you willgetin.

Patriots vs 49ers.

This was my preseason Superbowl pick with New England winning it all. I'm sticking by it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Green Bay beats the 49ers in the playoffs.
GatorJB
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorBart » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:17 pm

That is some long cat - WTF?

At the beginning of the season I was challenged to come up with an 'outside the box' super bowl matchup. I chose the Falcons and Texans. Through the first 10 weeks of the season I was looking brilliant. Not so much after last weekend though. Both teams will be in the playoffs, but I'm not holding out much hope for either of them to make it NO.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby jand3k » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 pm

willgetin wrote:Image

:lol:
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Alvin York wrote:They're already in the stretch run in the NFL. Teams are jockeying for position in the Playoffs. Everything's on the line with 3 weeks to go. Atlanta of the NFC and Houston of the AFC have the best records. Does anyone here expect the Falcons and Texans to play for the Super Bowl? Both teams are starting to show signs of vulnerabilities with late season losses. I don't see either one of them making it to the Super Bowl. Two other teams that were juggernauts the first half of the season, San Francisco and Baltimore, appear to be fading a bit. There are three formidable peaking teams that have seemingly been flying under the radar, the Green Bay Packers, the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots. Hold up. Never count out the New York Giants in late November and December. All have elite quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Eli Manning. Don't be surprised if 2 or these 4 teams find their way to New Orleans.

This has to do with UF athletics in what way? :rolleyes:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Falcons have feasted on a hilariously weak schedule, and the Texans are posers, so no.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby WhoGator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:39 pm

BSJGator wrote:
Alvin York wrote:They're already in the stretch run in the NFL. Teams are jockeying for position in the Playoffs. Everything's on the line with 3 weeks to go. Atlanta of the NFC and Houston of the AFC have the best records. Does anyone here expect the Falcons and Texans to play for the Super Bowl? Both teams are starting to show signs of vulnerabilities with late season losses. I don't see either one of them making it to the Super Bowl. Two other teams that were juggernauts the first half of the season, San Francisco and Baltimore, appear to be fading a bit. There are three formidable peaking teams that have seemingly been flying under the radar, the Green Bay Packers, the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots. Hold up. Never count out the New York Giants in late November and December. All have elite quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Eli Manning. Don't be surprised if 2 or these 4 teams find their way to New Orleans.

This has to do with UF athletics in what way? :rolleyes:

Disguised attempt at pub for UT Paid-him-a-ton Manning... Dork dropped it in at the end. It had been a few days since the Tennerc comedy had died down, so he wanted to get his favorite subject in.

:chomp:
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 pm

That's two cats, dork can't count.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:53 pm

If Murderer Lewis comes back, I'll take Baltimore from the AFC and San Fran from the NFC in Harbaugh Bowl I in New Orleans.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:05 pm

.... and not a misspelled word nor grammatical error throughout =
well worth the read . "willgetin" deserves the "Pulling-it-sir Prize".
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm

.... and not a misspelled word or grammatical flaw throughout =
a very good read. "wellllgettiinnnng" deserves a "Pull-it-sir Prize".
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Alvin York » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Somebody floated the theory this thread was a disguised attempt to hype Manning. No, but since you brought his name up I'll give it a go. True, Peyton's shocked everyone including myself with his incredible play putting Denver in position to make a run at the Super Bowl. He's the talk of the town with MVP nominations filling media cyberspace. The story that's been kept on the back pages is the unsung performance of Tom Brady. Tommy boy has quietly put together another stellar year as the Patriot quarterback. He's been an surgeon out there cutting up the best strategies and tactics big time NFL DC's can muster. Even losing Gronk and having a pedestrian running game has not slowed down the Patriots. Brady's the one that scares me, the QB that do his old magic and keep Peyton out of the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning
Passing Yards 3,812
TD passes: 30
Interceptions: 10
QBR: 82.2
QB Rating 104.0

Tom Brady
Passing Yards: 3,833
TD Passes: 29
Interceptions: 4
QBR: 80.8
QB Rating: 104.2

The saga of the Brady-Manning Feud goes on.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Manning wishes he was Tom Brady in more ways than one. Hell he wishes he was his kid brother at this point.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:06 pm

The next person to post (or quote) longcat gets a lifetime ban.
oxrageous

Postby GatorInKnox » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:11 pm

oxrageous wrote:The next person to post (or quote) longcat gets a lifetime ban.

Was waiting for that :lol:
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum