Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -THE DUDE-, bradgator2, CivilGator, Class of '78, Clawhammergator, gatormoe1, gatorpe, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, WobbleGator and 50 guests

Matt Elam gone for sure now?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Matt Elam gone for sure now?

Postby NavetG8r » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Made first team All American. Congratz to Matt! NFL stock is probably too high to stay for another year now, huh?

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2012 ... 9938?tc=cr
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Re: Matt Elam gone for sure now?

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Doesn't change anything...NFL scouts could care less about the AP all american team...they do their own scouting.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 pm

I think most have him high 2nd round but that he will stay for another year along with Easley. I think Floyd and Reed will go although Reed would be well served to stay another year imo.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:05 pm

I read that Matt's brother plays in the NFL. He'll give Matt sound advice based on his experience. and how the draft works etc.

MAtt might very well stay if the draft will be better to him next year.

I read that its 50/50 with Matt. Waiting to get more information from the NFL and Muschamp will consult him also and try to make sure the info. that Matt gets from the NFL and agents is reliable. Muschamp will also get his own information from his contacts in the NFL to share with Matt.

Easely did not even put in paperwork which is great news for us because we
need him at DT. If its best for Matt to stay 1 more year having Easely around (and Powell) will make it more enjoyable. But if its best for Matt to
go pro now then Muschamp will encourage him to do so.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby Gatorphan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Gator Fever wrote:I think most have him high 2nd round but that he will stay for another year along with Easley. I think Floyd and Reed will go although Reed would be well served to stay another year imo.

I agree with all this written here, but I've seen some project him as late 2nd to early 3rd. I would say it's 55/45 he stays.
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 am

If Floyd is the only junior we lose to the draft, we'll be absolutely beastly next year.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby DCflorida » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 am

Losing Elam and Floyd would be offset by getting Ronald Powell and Easley back. Those are two guys I didn't think would be around for a 4th year at UF. If Elam decided to come back, yes, we'll be phenomenal again on defense. And truly, I think we have the chance to be pheomenal even if Elam doesnt come back.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:10 am

DCflorida wrote:Losing Elam and Floyd would be offset by getting Ronald Powell and Easley back. Those are two guys I didn't think would be around for a 4th year at UF. If Elam decided to come back, yes, we'll be phenomenal again on defense. And truly, I think we have the chance to be pheomenal even if Elam doesnt come back.

Hey, wait a minute!

I've been criticized on here for saying that when Elam was recruited, he wouldn't stay for his senior season and now you're saying you didn't think he would be around for a 4th year at UF?

What's the deal here?
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby WhoGator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 am

The RH Factor wrote:
DCflorida wrote:Losing Elam and Floyd would be offset by getting Ronald Powell and Easley back. Those are two guys I didn't think would be around for a 4th year at UF. If Elam decided to come back, yes, we'll be phenomenal again on defense. And truly, I think we have the chance to be pheomenal even if Elam doesnt come back.

Hey, wait a minute!

I've been criticized on here for saying that when Elam was recruited, he wouldn't stay for his senior season and now you're saying you didn't think he would be around for a 4th year at UF?

What's the deal here?

Statements now are based on facts... statements when he was recruited were based on jealous jilted lover reaction.

:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby DCflorida » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 am

The RH Factor wrote:

Hey, wait a minute!

What's the deal here?

You were saying it 10 minutes after he signed. And not only were you saying it, you were trumpeting it, in an attempt to throw cold water all over everyone's NSD excitement.

By the way, how many times have you watched the replay of UF's beatdown of FSU? I've watched it at least 8! And I've watched replays of Morrison smoking Manuel at least 50! :lol:
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby soflagator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:43 am

The RH Factor wrote:

Hey, wait a minute!

What's the deal here?

People don't like you.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby OhMyGators » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 pm

WhoGator wrote:
The RH Factor wrote:

Hey, wait a minute!

What's the deal here?

Statements now are based on facts... statements when he was recruited were based on jealous jilted lover reaction.

:D :lol: :D :lol:
OhMyGators
Baby Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 pm

I wish him the best of luck whichever decision he makes. He's sure been a beast for us this year. Great Gator!
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:59 pm

soflagator wrote:
The RH Factor wrote:

Hey, wait a minute!

What's the deal here?

People don't like you.

Be nice...I'm supposed to get up with RHFactor and see if he's really a Gator, or if he just talks like he's an assnole fan... I'll get back to you on that later... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Gator Fever wrote:I think most have him high 2nd round but that he will stay for another year along with Easley. I think Floyd and Reed will go although Reed would be well served to stay another year imo.

Reed better learn how to NOT jump for every ball if he want to make a team, much less survive, at the next level. He hasn't even learned how to time the jumps yet.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Todd McShay put out his mock draft. Elam is not in the first round and has Floyd being taken #29 by the 49ers.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby ACappsUF29 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Ya you look at the AP All American team and it's full of guys who are great players in college but won't be high picks in the draft. Like Kenyon Barner who made the first team will probably be taken in the draft after about 10 other backs or so.
ACappsUF29
Senior Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Gatorbythebay wrote:Todd McShay put out his mock draft. Elam is not in the first round and has Floyd being taken #29 by the 49ers.

That 49ers defensive front would be scary :eek:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Todd McShay is a ____________. (fill in the blank with whatever works for you)

It's a travesty that people like him are allowed to get a paycheck.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby itsgr82baflagator » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 pm

The RH Factor wrote:

Hey, wait a minute!

What's the deal here?

Allow me to introduce you to the concept of source credibility.

Over half a century ago communication researchers at Yale began systematically examining the impact of various persuasion variables. One of their basic findings was that the same message could produce varying degrees of message acceptance depending on the message source.

DC is a highly credible source. You...well, you know.
itsgr82baflagator
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum