Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lumagator, MSNbot Media and 16 guests

Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby oxrageous » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 am

UT's best ever QB, Tee Martin, reportedly has declined an offer from UT to be on the staff. Evidently he's happy working for Kiffy at USC - Kiffin of all people! :lol:

https://twitter.com/TNSportsRadio

The Vol fans of course had already assumed that Tee would take the job - how could he refuse a return home? Needless to say, they are feeling rejected and insulted all over again. In fact, they are already bashing their former QB:
It's a a business decision, yes. But after this, I hope Tennessee never offers Tee another coaching job. Doesn't deserve another chance to come back here. Have fun at USC, Tee. Don't come back.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennesse ... lines.html

Discuss.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13716
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby BSJGator » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:08 am

Nothing to see here, move on....

It simply proves he isn't a stupid as the rest of the people in Knoxberg. :lol:
User avatar
BSJGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2312
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Location: Deep in Assnole Territory

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby oxrageous » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 am

Yeah, I now have a new respect for Martin, who was ten times the winner the Peyton Manning will ever be.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13716
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby gatorhunter » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 am

It's all about the sweaters.
gatorhunter
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 am

Sweaters and sammiches
If you would like to keep your coach you can
User avatar
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: NW Florida

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 am

Warm and stomach full.
User avatar
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 13960
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:32 am

I brought up on another thread that Tee Martin would be a big hire for them if they could get him due to his recruiting. Good work Tee, you have been forgiven for now.
User avatar
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 am

Much respect Tee.
User avatar
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 13960
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby oxrageous » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 pm

UT fans feel they should run the Martin household:
I love my wife to death, who is born and raised in So Cal. However, as the breadwinner of the house, I am doing what's best for our family and moving to TN. Better financially and quality of life.

If his wife is the one holding this up, he needs to grow a pair and tell her that they are moving. Besides, they won't be at USC and LA forever.

:lol:
His wife's music career has come and went. Time for her to hang up the heels. She had a minor hit about a 12 years ago. It's over, hun. Thanks for guilting Tee(who's career is just starting to blossom) into staying in USC with a lame duck coach.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13716
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:12 pm

oxrageous wrote:UT fans feel they should run the Martin household:
I love my wife to death, who is born and raised in So Cal. However, as the breadwinner of the house, I am doing what's best for our family and moving to TN. Better financially and quality of life.

If his wife is the one holding this up, he needs to grow a pair and tell her that they are moving. Besides, they won't be at USC and LA forever.

:lol:
His wife's music career has come and went. Time for her to hang up the heels. She had a minor hit about a 12 years ago. It's over, hun. Thanks for guilting Tee(who's career is just starting to blossom) into staying in USC with a lame duck coach.

I bet the first person he contacted before he decided to move was his wife
User avatar
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby GatorintheKnox » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Tee Martin's kids Uncle called in the radio show up here and said that UT's offer to Tee was "laughable". This would have been a big hire for them, why the hell would you low-ball a guy with a street named after him in Knoxville?
User avatar
GatorintheKnox
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT

Postby vulcan_alex » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Typical stuff from posters. You think that he might have done something different if Phil was their choice and he personally asked him to help?

I do!!
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7552
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby PastyStoole » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 pm

GatorintheKnox wrote:Tee Martin's kids Uncle called in the radio show up here and said that UT's offer to Tee was "laughable". This would have been a big hire for them, why the hell would you low-ball a guy with a street named after him in Knoxville?


ah, yes....

More public embarrassment at UT brought on by their own stupidity and complete lack of awareness. Who would have thought they were capable? :lol:
travy wrote:shove this article up your ass you mouthbreathing hick
User avatar
PastyStoole
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2099
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: The Beehive State

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:47 pm

This would be like if Tim Tebow declined an offer to coach at UF for a chance to keep coaching with Urban at OSU. :eek:
:burp:
User avatar
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9386
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Somewhere in the woods.

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby law98gator » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 pm

GatorintheKnox wrote:Tee Martin's kids Uncle called in the radio show up here and said that UT's offer to Tee was "laughable". This would have been a big hire for them, why the hell would you low-ball a guy with a street named after him in Knoxville?

Because the entire vole program is laughable?

Tee Martin is rumored to be an excellent recruiter. You'd think they'd need that up in vollieland.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16925
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby oxrageous » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:This would be like if Tim Tebow declined an offer to coach at UF for a chance to keep coaching with Urban at OSU. :eek:

At least he won championships and a Heisman under Urban...what did Kiffin do for UT? This is far worse.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13716
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 pm

oxrageous wrote:
Sasquatch Gator wrote:This would be like if Tim Tebow declined an offer to coach at UF for a chance to keep coaching with Urban at OSU. :eek:

At least he won championships and a Heisman under Urban...what did Kiffin do for UT? This is far worse.

Alrighty, this is like if Tebow went to coach under Zook at Western North Dakota Tech and turned down a job offer at UF. :lol:
:burp:
User avatar
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9386
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Somewhere in the woods.

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:
oxrageous wrote:
Sasquatch Gator wrote:This would be like if Tim Tebow declined an offer to coach at UF for a chance to keep coaching with Urban at OSU. :eek:

At least he won championships and a Heisman under Urban...what did Kiffin do for UT? This is far worse.

Alrighty, this is like if Tebow went to coach under Zook at Western North Dakota Tech and turned down a job offer at UF. :lol:

Still not there. He is at a better school and turned down a lesser school. This situation cannot be applied to UF.
User avatar
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:15 pm

It would be like Vince Young coaching WRs at UF and then turning down the same position at Texas.
User avatar
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Ouch: Tee Martin turns down return to UT to stay with Kiffin

Postby GatorintheKnox » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Honestly, even without Tee, I still believe Tennessee is going to have one of the best staffs in the Big East, a top 50 recruiting class, and most likely ranked in the 40's nationally. :lol:
User avatar
GatorintheKnox
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron