Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, tillsb and 45 guests

Bizarro World

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Bizarro World

Postby gatorborn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm

In a week where:
Jason Campbell, Brandon Weedon, John Skelton (?), Brady Quinn, Chad Henne, Ryan Lindley (?), Jake Locker, Ryan Tannehill, NIck Foles, Russell Wilson, Josh Freeman and Andy Dalton
all got playing time as NFL quarterbacks, the Jets went another whole game with Mark Sanchez (111 yd passing and a fumble).

I think at this point Rex Ryan has done a better job of stopping Tim Tebow than any defensive coordinator at any level of football.
gatorborn
Freshman Gator

Re: Bizarro World

Postby 8802gator » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:48 pm

This is all an ego trip now. He has said Sanchez gives us the best chance to win so many times over the years that he believes he has to prove it. He will soon be unemployed and it will because he hitched his wagon to the Sanchez. The sound bites were funny when he was winning, now they are just pathetic.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 pm

The Jets are going to cave under from the weight of Sanchez's huge guaranteed contract unless they do something radical and yet smart, which is to trade him in the offseason.

Get some value for the guy now.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby gatorspook » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Class of '78 wrote:The Jets are going to cave under from the weight of Sanchez's huge guaranteed contract unless they do something radical and yet smart, which is to trade him in the offseason.

Who would want him?
gatorspook

Postby Coach9 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Who would trade for him with that contract?
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 pm

gatorspook wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:The Jets are going to cave under from the weight of Sanchez's huge guaranteed contract unless they do something radical and yet smart, which is to trade him in the offseason.

Who would want him?

Though young quarterbacks are always at a premium, that's a good question. It'll only get worse, though, if he stays in New York.

It's amazing how far they stretched financially for this guy in the offseason. By comparison, Tebow's a huge bargain.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:07 pm

gatorspook wrote:

Who would want him?

Do NOT say my Miami Football Dolphins!! I will cry! :cry2:

They are getting a little better!?? :console:
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby usmcmfs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Ryan Tannehill is going to be a real good QB. Andy Dalton already is.
usmcmfs
All-American Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 am

usmcmfs wrote:Ryan Tannehill is going to be a real good QB. Andy Dalton already is.

I think so too. Dolphins are waYYYYYYYYY under the salary cap and even more if they don't re-sign Jake Long. However, Ireland always makes 2 to 4 stupid moves a year. They will have 3 of the first 50 picks I think, and will have 5 in first 90.

This is the 1st year in a long time that Miami can afford any Free-Agent they want. Off season will be interesting in Miami. It's a shame they let Brandon Marshall go because of his Bi-Polar disorder. It's under control and he is playing great for the Bears.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:45 am

gatorborn wrote:In a week where:
Jason Campbell, Brandon Weedon, John Skelton (?), Brady Quinn, Chad Henne, Ryan Lindley (?), Jake Locker, Ryan Tannehill, NIck Foles, Russell Wilson, Josh Freeman and Andy Dalton
all got playing time as NFL quarterbacks, the Jets went another whole game with Mark Sanchez (111 yd passing and a fumble).

I thought GSMB had ordained that 100 yards passing was the new gold standard of a great game for a QB?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:33 am

usmcmfs wrote:Ryan Tannehill is going to be a real good QB. Andy Dalton already is.

Tannehill is an interception machine and always will be, just like Stafford.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:55 am

Sasquatch Gator wrote:

Tannehill is an interception machine and always will be, just like Stafford.

He is trying to do too much. Running game is so-so. There is talk of keeping 2 of the OL (Pouncey being one) and getting rid of the rest. I think it's great the other rook QBs are playing well, but so was Tannehill when he had a running game and some protection. He is making rookie mistakes but has all the tools to be better next year. He didn't play much in college and needs a couple years, which the Phins knew all along.

It scares me a little that Bush and Long may not be there. If Reggie and Jake will re-structure their contracts, there is hope they will be both be in Miami. If they don't, Miami will be in their 21st year of rebuilding.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum