Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 15 guests

Andre Debose NOT kicked off team (merged)

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Andre Debose NOT kicked off team (merged)

Postby gatorhar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:42 pm

I have read on multiple sites that Andre is history and that he is not history. If every kid that partaked in college was dismissed there would be no students left in the classrooms. Perhaps a veteran Coach like Joker can get to Andre and show this young man what he is throwing away. I hope so.
gatorhar
Heisman Gator

Re: Can A Veteran Coach Like Coach Phillips Turn Andre

Postby FunnGun » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Damn, even Gatorhar has Slevin on ignore. :?
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Bet the Joker can.
Lawdy, don't we have to erase that crazy nickname ? It doesn't help
that calling him Phillips sounds so Who? .
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm not sure how Joker can make someone that's stupid, smart.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorhar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm

He is not stupid just young. How many of us ran around Gainesville did stupid s$&t and didn't have the talent or the the ability to make millions that Andre has? All I'm saying is maybe a Coach like Joker can can turn him. Win win for the Gators and this kid.
gatorhar
Heisman Gator

Postby BoomTown » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Kids got a work ethic problem and if the half dozen or so coaches that have worked with him so far can't find a cure, I don't think the Joker is the Wild Card we've been seeking.

As #15s favorite quote goes, "Work beats talent when talent doesn't work." He was all into being DaMan until he found out that being DaMan means that you have to work harder and longer and smarter than every other DaMan out there. Hope he got a good education. :(
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:09 pm

BoomTown wrote:Kids got a work ethic problem and if the half dozen or so coaches that have worked with him so far can't find a cure, I don't think the Joker is the Wild Card we've been seeking.

As #15s favorite quote goes, "Work beats talent when talent doesn't work." He was all into being DaMan until he found out that being DaMan means that you have to work harder and longer and smarter than every other DaMan out there. Hope he got a good education. :(

On the other hand, many college players look at their Senior year and realize it's over soon. I'm hoping a Coach like Phillips and this realization gets Andre's attention.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby jereed » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Since nobody here really knows, I'll throw my WAG in the ring. Maybe he is getting a good free education and doesn't want to spend his life getting his brains beat in.
Rebel, take a vacation.
jereed
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8rnTtown » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Love to see the University taking care of the "student" athletes. But when they sign a scholly, their supposed to understand its a 2 way street. In return for 3 hots and a cot along with a quality educational opportunity that UF affords them, they are supposed to work hard and give their best. If a player gives substantially less than best effort and especially if they are a slacker, they are "dead weight". A program like the Gators that is attempting to rebuild correctly, but quickly cant afford the "dead weight". If the young man is not ready to get on board and give his "best", then he needs to be sent walking and free that scholly up for a new guy thats more than ready to spill his guts for gator glory!
G8rnTtown
Baby Gator

Postby SwampedGator » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Muschamp has completely turned this team around in just two seasons. If Debose hasn't bought in by now I don't think Joker can get it done. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think this kid has what it takes upstairs...
SwampedGator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:44 pm

gatorhar wrote:He is not stupid just young. How many of us ran around Gainesville did stupid s$&t and didn't have the talent or the the ability to make millions that Andre has? All I'm saying is maybe a Coach like Joker can can turn him. Win win for the Gators and this kid.

When I said "stupid" I didn't mean he goes to a party the night before a game, I mean he can't remember more than 3 plays in the play book. He's been here 4 years and doesn't understand his assignments, routes, etc... I don't know what Joker could possibly do to make it easier for him in the next six months.

Maybe he could hold up a big poster with Debose's assignment on the sideline for each play. :dunno:
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:50 pm

FunnGun wrote:Damn, even Gatorhar has Slevin on ignore. :?

:lol:
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:13 pm

If he has the skill that alot of people think he has then how come he never ever sees the field? Even someone dumb as a rock that had a good skill set could get in for even a play or two a game.

Maybe he is just not that good, I mean the new kick off rule really hurt him as a returner. I hope im wrong but something must be up if he never gets touches even when our Wr corp was considered a little weak...
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Andre Debose kicked off the team

Postby gatorfan352 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:17 pm

andre debose was kicked off the team... has not been reported WHY... but he has been released. debose will not play in the sugar bowl..

http://swampnews.net/uf-football/breaki ... -team.html
gatorfan352
Freshman Gator

Re: Andre Debose kicked off the team

Postby oxrageous » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 pm

What a waste.
oxrageous

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 pm

"a source"
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Well if true (and it probably is) there is a good reason and it opens another spot for a full 25 recruits in our next batch.

I always wonder how it can be so hard to remember which route to run or how to do so for anybody who is in college. If you have an issue remembering a list like the QB has could be of some use.

Now I do think that on the fly adjustments are very different and some might not be able to effectively do them.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Re: Andre Debose kicked off team (merged)

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Whoa, I hate it when a thread gets merged when I'm in it.

:headspin:

itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby GatorInKnox » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 pm

jereed wrote:Since nobody here really knows, I'll throw my WAG in the ring. Maybe he is getting a good free education and doesn't want to spend his life getting his brains beat in.

:D
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Re: Andre Debose kicked off team (merged)

Postby gatorfan352 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 pm

ye he is.. we were just with andre a little bit ago....
gatorfan352
Freshman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum