Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 205Gator, divits888, gatorJ, Gatornation561, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, ockgator, WobbleGator and 38 guests

Senior Bowl snub

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Senior Bowl snub

Postby kcgator » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Despite the fact that Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein was invited to New York as one of three Heisman finalists, he is not expected to receive a Senior Bowl invite, according to one league source.

The reason the Senior Bowl is expected to pass on Klein are some of the same reasons he is not expected to be a high draft pick. Scouts are concerned about his throwing motion and passing abilities, even though he was good enough to elevate an entire football program and enable it to compete for a national championship.

Other quarterbacks have impressed NFL scouts more, sources say, and they will be the ones invited to Mobile, Ala., next month. Klein will have to focus on getting ready for the combine.

Arkansas' Tyler Wilson, Florida State's EJ Manuel and North Carolina State's Mike Glennon are already on the roster as quarterback invites who have accepted spots.

Invites are determined by the Senior Bowl in consultation with NFL scouts, with Senior Bowl executive Phil Savage holding the final call.

:eek:

They see me rollin', they hatin'...
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Re: Senior Bowl snub

Postby BMF » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:28 pm

EJ has the size that NFL teams love...
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby AlwaysWrite » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Yeah, Manuel has those large hands that allow him to hold onto the ball when being sacked by opposing LBs.

Scouts must have been impressed he only turned the ball over 5 times against us.
==========
The commercial told me to "Go write the great American novel," so I did.
Thought-provoking sci-fi novels, just $2.99:
www.davidderrico.com
AlwaysWrite
Freshman Gator

Postby BMF » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:29 pm

AlwaysWrite wrote:Yeah, Manuel has those large hands that allow him to hold onto the ball when being sacked by opposing LBs.

Scouts must have been impressed he only turned the ball over 5 times against us.

Yeah, the scouts usually gauge how they are going to select a player in the draft by 1 game they played against UF.....

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby jand3k » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:46 pm

BMF wrote:
AlwaysWrite wrote:Yeah, Manuel has those large hands that allow him to hold onto the ball when being sacked by opposing LBs.

Yeah, the scouts usually gauge how they are going to select a player in the draft by 1 game they played against UF.....
---

Ooh, the ability to sense sarcasm is strong with this one.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby tillsb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:49 pm

jand3k wrote:
BMF wrote:

---

Man, no kidding
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby Avadakedavra » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm more outraged by the snub to Sturgis.
Avadakedavra
Freshman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 pm

This thread.

:muttley:
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:33 pm

jand3k wrote:
BMF wrote:

---

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, if you've never been to Ladd Peebles Stadium, trust me when I tell you that NOT going should be considered a blessing.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby ltraz » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 pm

BMF wrote:

---

I like how the 2nd sarcasm is b/c of the missed 1st sarcasm. I think it makes it even more sarcastic.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 pm

ltraz wrote:
BMF wrote:

---

I like how the 2nd sarcasm is b/c of the missed 1st sarcasm. I think it makes it even more sarcastic.

... but for the risk of plummeting into a deep 'sarchasm' full of echos.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ncargat1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:49 am

Is it too late to nominate this for the "Funniest Post of the Year"?

Simple, short, and sarcastic as all hell. Perfect Post!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorMark86 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks for the laughs. I really needed it this morning. :D

Sturgis will be kicking for cash next year!
GatorMark86
Baby Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 pm

:lol: :lmao: :lmao: :clap2: :clap2:
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum