Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clawhammergator, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Jabberdave, JimtheGator, MSNbot Media, ReelGatorDoc, Swamp Queen, WobbleGator and 65 guests

Johnny Football

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Johnny Football

Postby BSJGator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Congrats to a great young man on being the first (Redshirt) Freshman to win the He15man. If it had to happen, I'm glad someone from the SEC beat the first Sophomore to win the He15man trophy.

Depending on whether he comes out as a Junior, he has maybe three more years to compete in college. He'll find just how hard it is to repeat.

He'll also have to come to The Swamp next year.

Go Gators!
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Re: Johnny Football

Postby WobbleGator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Good for him
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Homer J » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:14 pm

BSJGator wrote:Congrats to a great young man on being the first (Redshirt) Freshman to win the He15man. If it had to happen, I'm glad someone from the SEC beat the first Sophomore to win the He15man trophy.

Depending on whether he comes out as a Junior, he has maybe three more years to compete in college. He'll find just how hard it is to repeat.

He'll also have to come to The Swamp next year.

Go Gators!

We don't play them next year.

Makes Champ sound like a talent scout when he said he's glad we don't have to face him again. He will lose his O-Line next year so he won't be running to keep plays alive, he'll be running for his life.
Last edited by Homer J on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp Queen » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:15 pm

BSJGator wrote:He'll also have to come to The Swamp next year.

We don't play aTm next year.

But congrats to him...he earned it!
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby born2beagator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:19 pm

aTm found out just how much of a family the SEC is. Big time support from the south.
Alvin York wrote:
We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
born2beagator
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:20 pm

The Heisman has really become a joke and I'm not saying that just because this kid won.

Also why wasn't it ever talked about how he was arrested over summer for assault, underage drinking and posession multiple fake ids?
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby BSJGator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:21 pm

My bad. Thanks for the clarification. I thought I'd read we were going home and home with them. You'd think I learned to read at the
:nole: college or something.... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:25 pm

born2beagator wrote:aTm found out just how much of a family the SEC is. Big time support from the south.

Heisman winners four of the last six years to go along with six straight National Championships, Mike Slive is living the dream.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Zambo » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 pm

I had a fake ID and I got in fights all the time in college. And I never won the Heisman so neither should he.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:32 pm

It would've been talked about if he was black. ESPN is racist.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby born2beagator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:33 pm

Sigh....
Alvin York wrote:
We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
born2beagator
Heisman Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Zambo wrote:I had a fake ID and I got in fights all the time in college. And I never won the Heisman so neither should he.

No, he should not win the Heisman because he is not the best player in college football. Anyone who does not think Marquise Lee is the best player in college this year does not pay attention to football.

It is so pathetic what the Heisman voting has become.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Sorry but Jadevon Clowney was the best player I watched this year.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby bayou gator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:41 pm

ncargat1 wrote:
Zambo wrote:I had a fake ID and I got in fights all the time in college. And I never won the Heisman so neither should he.

No, he should not win the Heisman because he is not the best player in college football. Anyone who does not think Marquise Lee is the best player in college this year does not pay attention to football.

It is so pathetic what the Heisman voting has become.

I'll take Manziel's accomplishments against SEC defenses over a WR making waves in the defense-less PAC 10 or 12 or... whatever they call themselves now.
P.S. - Don't feed the trolls!
bayou gator
Head Ball Coach

Postby bayou gator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 pm

MatthewM. wrote:Sorry but Jadevon Clowney was the best player I watched this year.

Same here. That kid is a freakin beast.
P.S. - Don't feed the trolls!
bayou gator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 pm

One Heisman voter did leave Manziel off his ballot due to the June arrest.

SOURCE

Charges are pending.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:48 pm

:rolleyes:

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Swamp Queen wrote::rolleyes:

Context?
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Class of '78 wrote:

Context?

Some "journalists" need to get off the little high horses they put themselves up on. This is like Dooley not wanting to vote for him b/c Sumlin prevented him from talking to the press. Get over it! The kid did what almost every other college kid does and used a fake ID. And he got into a little fight defending a friend. Big deal. Doesn't sound like it was anything crazy but if it proves to be a massive brawl that severely injured someone then I'll eat crow. But to me it sounds like something I saw on more than one occasion during my college days.

And I agree with the writer of the article you linked to on this part, especially the bold:

The fact that Evans actually believes Sumlin and Kingsbury are solely responsible for their quarterback’s numbers is a blatantly ignorant statement. It is like saying Mark Ingram did not deserve his Heisman because Alabama’s coach, Nick Saban, likes running the ball. Or like saying Cam Newton should not have been presented with his because he was so much bigger and faster than everyone else that it just wasn’t fair to have him playing.

Evans needs to realize that he is supposed to be covering the headline-makers, not creating those of his own for whatever selfish reasons he has.

Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:

Context?

Some "journalists" need to get off the little high horses they put themselves up on. This is like Dooley not wanting to vote for him b/c Sumlin prevented him from talking to the press. Get over it! The kid did what almost every other college kid does and used a fake ID. And he got into a little fight defending a friend. Big deal. Doesn't sound like it was anything crazy but if it proves to be a massive brawl that severely injured someone then I'll eat crow. But to me it sounds like something I saw on more than one occasion during my college days.

And I agree with the writer of the article you linked to on this part, especially the bold:

The fact that Evans actually believes Sumlin and Kingsbury are solely responsible for their quarterback’s numbers is a blatantly ignorant statement. It is like saying Mark Ingram did not deserve his Heisman because Alabama’s coach, Nick Saban, likes running the ball. Or like saying Cam Newton should not have been presented with his because he was so much bigger and faster than everyone else that it just wasn’t fair to have him playing.

Evans needs to realize that he is supposed to be covering the headline-makers, not creating those of his own for whatever selfish reasons he has.

Okay, cool. I was actually responding to Matthew's post about nothing having been said negative about him, but I get your point.

Before I opened this thread, I was unaware of Manziel's brush with the law. He hasn't been found guilty, so he probably deserves a pass. But it is a bit of a touchy situation when you consider the word "integrity" is a vital part of the mission statement.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum