Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar, tillsb and 44 guests

UFC on Fox (right now)

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

UFC on Fox (right now)

Postby No1GatorFreak » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Anybody watching? Gonna be some great fights. BJ Penn returns and a title fight between Nate Diaz and the champ Henderson. I love this stuff
No1GatorFreak
Baby Gator

Re: UFC on Fox (right now)

Postby DCflorida » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Yep, Mike Brown just destroyed Swick.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:33 pm

No
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm

MatthewM. wrote:No

+1
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby No1GatorFreak » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 pm

DCflorida wrote:Yep, Mike Brown just destroyed Swick.

Yes he did. And Bj needs to just stay in Hawaii.
No1GatorFreak
Baby Gator

Postby Amazin1 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:32 pm

sure am...Abel Trujillo earlier is a monster...
Amazin1
All-American Gator

Postby WestSideGata » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Benson henderson is a beast, just made an arrogant Diaz look like a petulant child. It was awesome. Gustaffson v Jones will be an interesting fight. And note to BJ Penn, I think it's done bro.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Agree on Penn being done, but he could really help himself if he'd stop stubbornly fighting dudes who outweigh him by 25lbs.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:26 pm

got it DVR'd and will watch it when I get home.

have to watch these guys here. MMA threads make some swear you are gay for liking combative sports. But then that same person will go drool over an 18-20 year old high school kid
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby MJMGator » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:50 pm

WestSideGata wrote:Benson henderson is a beast, just made an arrogant Diaz look like a petulant child. It was awesome. Gustaffson v Jones will be an interesting fight. And note to BJ Penn, I think it's done bro.

I was pulling for Diaz. I know he's a thug, but you gotta admit that is one tough little SOB. Henderson was WAY too strong for him...and most others in that weight class.
Agree on BJ. Hee needs to lose the baby fat and drop a weight class...or else keep getting the **** beat out of him.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby FloridaFanatic22 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:54 pm

I know this is a UFC thread but did anybody see Pacquiao (sp?) get knocked the f out by Marquez last night? He went full on Drago vs Apollo Creed :lol:
FloridaFanatic22
Senior Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Had it DVR'd so watched it late. I was pulling for Diaz just... cuz... well, I had money on him. :? Oh well, he was completely over matched from the beginning. Just comparing Henderson's legs to Diaz's toothpick legs. I was hoping Diaz would get him in a submission hold.

Gustafson was fun to watch.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:37 pm

GatorKen wrote:got it DVR'd and will watch it when I get home.

have to watch these guys here. MMA threads make some swear you are gay for liking combative sports. But then that same person will go drool over an 18-20 year old high school kid

That's ironic, because guys who do watch MMA thinks the dudes who don't are gay.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:44 pm

FloridaFanatic22 wrote:I know this is a UFC thread but did anybody see Pacquiao (sp?) get knocked the f out by Marquez last night? He went full on Drago vs Apollo Creed :lol:

Yes, I saw that too (replay). I'm afraid that KO was enough to end Pacman's career. When you get rebooted like that, and you don't come around for 6 or 7 minutes, you're never quite the same (see Roy Jones Jr, Chuck Lidell).

Both of those guys were getting knocked out by glancing blows at the end of their career, after going years walking through people and dominating. Roy Jomes Jr never even got hit for about ten years, and then slow, weak Irish dudes who couldn't bust a grape in terms of punching power, were knocking him into rem sleep.

It was sad seeing Pacquaio laid out. A proud champion and true warrior in the ring.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby FloridaFanatic22 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:59 pm

DCflorida wrote:
FloridaFanatic22 wrote:I know this is a UFC thread but did anybody see Pacquiao (sp?) get knocked the f out by Marquez last night? He went full on Drago vs Apollo Creed :lol:

Yes, I saw that too (replay). I'm afraid that KO was enough to end Pacman's career. When you get rebooted like that, and you don't come around for 6 or 7 minutes, you're never quite the same (see Roy Jones Jr, Chuck Lidell).

Both of those guys were getting knocked out by glancing blows at the end of their career, after going years walking through people and dominating. Roy Jomes Jr never even got hit for about ten years, and then slow, weak Irish dudes who couldn't bust a grape in terms of punching power, were knocking him into rem sleep.

It was sad seeing Pacquaio laid out. A proud champion and true warrior in the ring.

Agreed, my comment probably came across anti-pacquaio but I actually like the guy and would have loved to see him bludgeon Floyd Mayweather. Now it REALLY looks like that fight won't ever happen. Sad.
FloridaFanatic22
Senior Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:18 pm

FloridaFanatic22 wrote:
DCflorida wrote:

Agreed, my comment probably came across anti-pacquaio but I actually like the guy and would have loved to see him bludgeon Floyd Mayweather. Now it REALLY looks like that fight won't ever happen. Sad.

Agree. That's exactly why Mayweather has been stalling for years. He knew this would happen because he knows how Pacquaio gets into these wars, and he knew Pacquaio would be a shot fighter if he waited long enough. I don't even care to see them fight with Pacquaio not at his best.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby g8torhed » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Rory Mcdonald is a prick. I have no respect for a ****** like him. I hope Dana gives him his fight with Condit again so Carlos can take care of him. BJ Penn should probably retire but even with a loss has more class than Mcdonald with a win.

So glad Henderson laid it on Diaz. I don't ever want anyone like Diaz as a champion. Right now there are pretty decent representatives in each weight class as champs and that's the way it should be.
g8torhed
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:52 pm

DCflorida wrote:

That's ironic, because guys who do watch MMA thinks the dudes who don't are gay.

edited since PM and clarity has been found.
Last edited by GatorKen on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:17 pm

GatorKen wrote:
DCflorida wrote:

really? I'm learning more and more about what I think all the time here. I'm sure most of the MMA community would disagree with you. Because your comment is just as stupid as those who claim MMA fans are gay.

Ken, relax, it was sarcasm and levity. I enjoy the sport and really don't care what others think. I also respect those who don't watch the sport, and of course I do NOT think they're gay.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum