Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests

Ellis Johnson to Auburn

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Ellis Johnson to Auburn

Postby Maillot Jaune » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:37 am

This a great hire for them.

I don't know about Malzahn's HC skills, but his offense and a Johnson D could be pretty good.

AU is way further along than UT or Arky. Now if they only make Gus' wife the recruiting coordinator....
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Re: Ellis Johnson to Auburn

Postby Homer J » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:09 pm

I agree. I said in another thread that they are at least an 8 win team next year. They have had a few good recruiting classes and if they can hold this one together, they'll be back in the swing of things. I want the west to hammer each other.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatordad » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 pm

It's always better when the West beat each other up...or is it off?
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Maillot Jaune wrote:AU is way further along than UT or Arky. Now if they only make Gus' wife the recruiting coordinator....

Arky has the personnel to win today.

Barn will take a couple of years to rebuild. Their attrition has been as bad as ours was under the last couple of Creyer years.

Voles? Well, they had something of an offense, but now they decide to run the spread option. Three to four years for them. I'd love to see Pretzel boy running the option.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 pm

law98gator wrote:
Maillot Jaune wrote:AU is way further along than UT or Arky. Now if they only make Gus' wife the recruiting coordinator....

Barn will take a couple of years to rebuild. Their attrition has been as bad as ours was under the last couple of Creyer years.

Voles? Well, they had something of an offense, but now they decide to run the spread option. Three to four years for them. I'd love to see Pretzel boy running the option.

Does Arky have a QB? Wilson was a senior. Their OL was horrible.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:48 pm

I heard Bielema was just going to take a QB from Maryland for the 3rd year in a row.

But then again, Maryland played a LB at QB this year. He never really had a QB at Wisky until the first Maryland transfer. And he'll make an offensive line.

Barn has lost like half of the last three class already. There is no easy fix for that. You just can't play with 60 players against teams that have 85.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby StreetFightingGator » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:24 pm

law98gator wrote:There is no easy fix for that. You just can't play with 60 players against teams that have 85.

As we know only all too well after last year!
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatordad3 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:35 pm

With Ellis Johnson headed to Auburn and dashing FSU's hopes of landing him, rumor has it that Chizik(sp?) is soon headed to FSU.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby Maillot Jaune » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:05 pm

law98gator wrote:

I think AU is ahead of them relative to their coaching hires. Arky will still need a defense in that side of the SEC.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Wasn't he there in the early nineties?
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Beauregard » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:16 pm

Swamp82 wrote:Wasn't he there in the early nineties?

He's never been at Auburn. He's had two stints as a Bama assistant (one in the early '90s) and was Mike DuBose's DC.

As for the hire, it would have had a little more luster a year ago. Johnson has had decent success as a DC in the SEC, but damn, going 0-12 at USM? I know the head job is a different animal, but that's just pitiful. You'd think a great defensive mind could have done well enough with that side of the ball to have mustered at least one win even if he let the rest of the program plummet straight to hell.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum