Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 41 guests

Good take on Bielema’s move to Arkansas

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Good take on Bielema’s move to Arkansas

Postby divits888 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:18 am

I have to admit, this move by Bielema caught me by surprise. This article is pretty good and some of the comments are pretty good too....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... =cf_t12_a0

From the article...

"Bielema at Arkansas is a strange sight, though it will seem remarkably normal when he stands on the same field that Les Miles is eating.” :lol:

"Does he belong in the SEC? Well, in the last two days, a lot has been made of this comment to the Sporting News in the offseason:
"I can tell you this," he said. "We at the Big Ten don't want to be like the SEC-in any way, shape or form.”” :scratchchin:

From the comments....

"Wisconsin: Frigid winters... highly annoying regional dialect... hideous, ghostly-pale women able to hide their fat too easily.

Arkansas: Widespread inbreeding... socially acceptable pig-sex... hideous, semi-pale women disturbingly unashamed of their fat.

Decisions, decisions..." :lol:
divits888
Bull Gator

Re: Good take on Bielema’s move to Arkansas

Postby UFever » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Good stuff. :lol:

Liked this:
"Stop ripping on Wisconsin women...they are no fatter than the men! Wisconsin women are beautiful, loyal and know their football! There is nothing more beautiful that sitting in a packed stadium on a partly cloudy day and looking over to see your woman taking a bite from a perfectly grilled brat followed by a long draw from a 40-degrees Leinie's Red.

You can keep your over-baked, leather-skinned, fake-boobed, face-paint-layered, high-maintenance manquins in the South with their small vocabulary and suspect intellect who will leave you in a minute for the next guy with a slightly thicker wallet."
UFever
Heisman Gator

Postby Sheldon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 pm

UFever wrote:Good stuff. :lol:

Liked this:
"Stop ripping on Wisconsin women...they are no fatter than the men! Wisconsin women are beautiful, loyal and know their football! There is nothing more beautiful that sitting in a packed stadium on a partly cloudy day and looking over to see your woman taking a bite from a perfectly grilled brat followed by a long draw from a 40-degrees Leinie's Red.

You can keep your over-baked, leather-skinned, fake-boobed, face-paint-layered, high-maintenance manquins in the South with their small vocabulary and suspect intellect who will leave you in a minute for the next guy with a slightly thicker wallet."

:lol:

Now that is funny.....
Sheldon
Baby Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:29 pm

He was just on Mike and Mike. He's a good coach and should do okay. Said he basically left because of resources and was tired of losing assistants. He was pretty honest about it and not a lot of coach speak. Not everyone is happy with him in Wincy. Loved the B10/B12 but wanted to try his hand in the best conference, the SEC. Also said he spoke with Tennessee before deciding on Arky. Yes, another confirmed #TurnedTennesseeDown.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby CapitalGator02 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:19 pm

FunnGun wrote:He was just on Mike and Mike. He's a good coach and should do okay. Said he basically left because of resources and was tired of losing assistants. He was pretty honest about it and not a lot of coach speak. Not everyone is happy with him in Wincy. Loved the B10/B12 but wanted to try his hand in the best conference, the SEC. Also said he spoke with Tennessee before deciding on Arky. Yes, another confirmed #TurnedTennesseeDown.

Not that we needed it, but further proof the SEC is the shiznit...
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby BMF » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:19 pm

FG, agree he'll do well at Arkansas. A good coach is a good coach, no matter what his previous background. If he's a good coach and can recruit, he'll be successful. His approach (B10 smash-mouth football) should do well in the SEC West - going against similar offenses at Bama & LSU. It may take him a few years to get the recruits he needs, but he should be no worse than 6-6 next year.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby DaddyGator » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:45 pm

He told Arkansas fans that his new gig is "an opportunity to chase a dream ... a dream that started on a pig farm."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z2EPecv8u8

Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:13 pm

DaddyGator wrote:
He told Arkansas fans that his new gig is "an opportunity to chase a dream ... a dream that started on a pig farm."

:lol: :lol:

Bret told his Momma, Hey Momma I'm goin' away
I'm gonna hit the big time, gonna be da Arky HC someday
Momma came to the door with a tear drop in her eye
Bret said, Don't cry Momma smile & wave goodbye

FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby RichardN » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:27 pm

FunnGun wrote:
DaddyGator wrote:

Image[

Now that is downright funny there!
RichardN
Heisman Gator

Postby mtn2top » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:20 am

Watching his introductory press concert was like a documentary on culture shock. The first wooooooo, pig, sooooooie, was so funny. By the time they got to the third one he was looking at the crowd and I could read in his face, ""you've got to be kidding me." As all the fingers of the crowd were wiggling high in the air, it must have been like counting the dollars he was now making every second.

For $3.2 million a year I could call hogs all day long, as now he most certainly will.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:35 am

FunnGun wrote:
DaddyGator wrote:

Gold Jerry!

Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum