Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arkygator, BMOC, Gator Fever, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, soflagator and 55 guests

Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby born2beagator » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Okay so I have an extremely irritating green midget fan I have to deal with on a baseball board and he seems to think no defensive player is even close to the mighty Manti and that he deserves the heisman over Manziel

I see more TFL and sacks for Jones. How do they compare
Alvin York wrote:
We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
User avatar
born2beagator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Lakeland, FL

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby MJMGator » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Jones' entire career has been made against us these past 2 years. He has some serious skills, but disappears at times. Can't say the same about Teo. Bottom line...Jones is better, but Teo is more consistent.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4237
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby law98gator » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:43 pm

I'd take Jones. He's a lot faster.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16925
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 am

Jones is a monster but needs some schoolin against the run
User avatar
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2807
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby Quasimodo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:37 am

Jarvis Jones wins.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
User avatar
Quasimodo
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby CapitalGator02 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:56 am

Jones because he has been a beast against consistently good competition. Te'o has feasted on some nancies...
User avatar
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby ltraz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:37 am

It would be easier to compare Jones and Clowney than Jones and Te'o. Te'o is by far the better all around player, but he also doesn't excel at anything (compared w/ Kuechley last year or Spikes the year before). I think the separation is best demonstrated by the fact that noone gameplans for Te'o like they do for Jones.

To the OP's friend...Te'o is about the least deserving Heisman finalist ever (and this is coming from someone that likes him). If I was starting a defense, he wouldn't be the 1st player I would take from his own team (Nix and Tuitt are monsters).
ltraz
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby TnGatorman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 am

Te'o has the most important fact going for him that no one else has - Notre Dame. ESPN and the rest of the media are gushing all over themselves for him to win. If he does win, don't be surprised. Paul Hornung won the award long before ESPN existed and his team won all of three games. The media has been waiting for ND to "show up" that they cannont stop bragging and boasting about him.

This is the main reason I am hoping for a Bama rout!!!
TnGatorman
Redshirt Gator
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby birdawg » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 am

Here is something for you. Check out this comparison between Manti Te'o and Tony Taylor's SR year for the Dawgs in 2006. Very similar stats. Of course Manti's ND team is undefeated and Tony Taylor's '06 Dawgs lost four. But, the fact is, Tebow won the Heisman in '07 when Florida lost four. So being undefeated isn't a precedent. I am just wondering, if Manti played on, say, Kansas State this year, if he would be getting the same attention? And I am not saying Tony Taylor should have been a heisman candidate, just pointing out that Te'o's stats are not mind boggling like Johnny Football's are.

Manti

'12 Heisman finalist Te'O vs '06 Tony Taylor...

103 tackles, 52 solo, 51 assts...TFL,5.5...Sacks 1.5... Int's, 7...Fumble recovery, 1...

Heisman finalist...


Tony Taylor UGA LB, 2006 stats...

96 tackles, 65 solo, 31 assts...TFL, 7.5... Sacks 3... Int's 7... Fumble recovery, 3...

Second Team ALL-SEC...
birdawg
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby Maillot Jaune » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:31 am

The benefits of playing for ND....especially a media starved ND.
User avatar
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby Himey » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Maillot Jaune wrote:The benefits of playing for ND....especially a media starved ND.


This about nails it.
User avatar
Himey
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:36 am

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby AlexDaGator » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Clowney is better than both of them...and he's not even as dominant as Suh was a couple years ago.


Hey birdawg, Champ Bailey had a better year in 1998 than Charles Woodson had in 1997. Woodson beat out Manning for the Heisman in 97. Champ only came in 7th in the voting in 98.


The defensive player who really got robbed was Hugh Green. Lost to George Rogers of South Carolina.


Alex.
User avatar
AlexDaGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby gatordad » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Clowney is the best I saw this year...and I watch a LOT of college football...and I watch the defenses, not just the ball. Next is the German kid from FSU.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby birdawg » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:27 pm

AlexDaGator wrote:Clowney is better than both of them...and he's not even as dominant as Suh was a couple years ago.


Hey birdawg, Champ Bailey had a better year in 1998 than Charles Woodson had in 1997. Woodson beat out Manning for the Heisman in 97. Champ only came in 7th in the voting in 98.


The defensive player who really got robbed was Hugh Green. Lost to George Rogers of South Carolina.


Alex.


I never thought about the Champ and Woodson comparison. I really didn't know much about Woodson other than seeing his highlights. Champ was special. I agree on Hugh Green too. That guy was a monster.
birdawg
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby CapitalGator02 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:34 pm

I would take Kevin Minter over Te'o
User avatar
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby GatorJB » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

I consider Clowney to be the best active college football player, and I fully expect him to be the #1 pick in 2014 draft. Te'o isn't even in his league. Jones is very good though, and I predict he'll be a top 15 pick.
GatorJB
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1514
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby williston_gator » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Johnny Football ftw.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
Johnny Manziel said he's conflicted when asked by Manti Te'o for Alabama advice because he has some SEC loyalties
User avatar
williston_gator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm
Location: Williston, FL

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby CapitalGator02 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:23 pm

williston_gator wrote:Johnny Football ftw.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
Johnny Manziel said he's conflicted when asked by Manti Te'o for Alabama advice because he has some SEC loyalties


Nice, but if ND can't figure out a gameplan on their own with a year's worth of film and over a month to prepare, they suck worse than I thought...
User avatar
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby gatorJ » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 pm

birdawg wrote:Here is something for you. Check out this comparison between Manti Te'o and Tony Taylor's SR year for the Dawgs in 2006. Very similar stats. Of course Manti's ND team is undefeated and Tony Taylor's '06 Dawgs lost four. But, the fact is, Tebow won the Heisman in '07 when Florida lost four. So being undefeated isn't a precedent. I am just wondering, if Manti played on, say, Kansas State this year, if he would be getting the same attention? And I am not saying Tony Taylor should have been a heisman candidate, just pointing out that Te'o's stats are not mind boggling like Johnny Football's are.

Manti

'12 Heisman finalist Te'O vs '06 Tony Taylor...

103 tackles, 52 solo, 51 assts...TFL,5.5...Sacks 1.5... Int's, 7...Fumble recovery, 1...

Heisman finalist...


Tony Taylor UGA LB, 2006 stats...

96 tackles, 65 solo, 31 assts...TFL, 7.5... Sacks 3... Int's 7... Fumble recovery, 3...

Second Team ALL-SEC...


:eek: Remarkable.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
User avatar
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4488
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Jarvis Jones vs. Te'o

Postby diehardg8r » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:57 am

They are 4-5 LB's in the SEC as good, if not better, than T'eo...period!! Fk ND!!
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6596
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron