Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Durty South Swamp, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, Sasquatch Gator, Swamp Queen and 42 guests

The best "Case for Tim Tebow" I've seen...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

The best "Case for Tim Tebow" I've seen...

Postby BNAG8R » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 am

Sorry if MOM, and for those tired of anything Tebow, read no further.

I have to say, I've recently become jaded about the future of TT, and hit a low on my 4 hr drive tonight listening to sports talk radio, and hearing the ridicule of ANY supporter of Tebow who dare speak up.

In the "darkest before the dawn" category, I happened across this article that characterized better than I ever could have what I "saw" last year. It's a non-emotional, fact-based, and by all appearances unbiased analysis. I just pray that someone, somewhere, would have the balls to give the kid this chance.

http://youhavenogame.wordpress.com/2012 ... tim-tebow/
In all kinds of weather we'll all stick together......for F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!
BNAG8R
All-American Gator

Re: The best "Case for Tim Tebow" I've seen...

Postby Deuce Coupe » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:31 am

Good read.
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby Wait ’til next year » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:36 am

Yes, indeed, good read, thanks. Gator Nation loves Timmy. I'm proud of my cool Tebow shrine in my home office. I'm afraid his NFL career is kaput... unless Belichick trades for him in the off season... the rest of the league doesn't want him.
"When the people fear their government, there is TYRANNY; when the government fears the people, there is LIBERTY" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wait ’til next year
Heisman Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 am

I truly believe it will work out for him.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby ccsdk » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:46 am

I can see Tebow in Jax or Arizona or even in the Canadian league for a year so he can get some real consistent playing time. As Urban said, he needs freedom to do what he can do and you'll see him succeed. Once he has that experience, he'll be a hot commodity. I seriously doubt that New England would pick him up.
Get out of NY Tim.
GG
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:49 am

And, despite the slings and arrows, take comfort from the fact that Tebow's career NFL quarterback rating is virtually the same as Andrew Luck's.
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:28 am

My brother in law is a Pats fan and I bet him that Tebow will be a Patriot before his career is over. BB loves the Gators and Urban's players.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby AnglersMark » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:57 am

I've noticed more and more that Tim has become the brunt of sportscasters jokes. They've jumped on the "bash Tim Tebow" bandwagon.

My wife and I USED to be Jaguar season ticket holders, from the 1st season until about 3 years ago. I refuse to pay good money to watch bad football. The NFL is slowly losing me. I may already be lost. Yep, I'm a Tebow fan - he's a good guy and plays with passion. I thought last year that if the Jags had any sense they could have signed him and let him do what he does. Run it. Pass it. Just play. With him and MJD and Mercedes Lewis they could have played some smash mouth offense. That would have been fun to watch. Instead, the Jags have garbage.
AnglersMark
Baby Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 am

AnglersMark wrote:I've noticed more and more that Tim has become the brunt of sportscasters jokes. They've jumped on the "bash Tim Tebow" bandwagon.

My wife and I USED to be Jaguar season ticket holders, from the 1st season until about 3 years ago. I refuse to pay good money to watch bad football. The NFL is slowly losing me. I may already be lost. Yep, I'm a Tebow fan - he's a good guy and plays with passion. I thought last year that if the Jags had any sense they could have signed him and let him do what he does. Run it. Pass it. Just play. With him and MJD and Mercedes Lewis they could have played some smash mouth offense. That would have been fun to watch. Instead, the Jags have garbage.

They are slowly losing alot of fans and I am one of them. These so-called sports writers are as bad as the product on the field or worse. When that lard ass Whitlock decided to call the NRA the new KKK for what was clearly a anger management issue for the KC player, that was the icing on the cake for me. The Tebow issue is a huge stain on the league as far as I am concerned.

Guess who these stats belong too?

Statistics Passing Rushing Receiving
YEAR TEAM CMP ATT CMP% YDS TD INT ATT YDS TD REC YDS TD
1995 PIT 5 7 71.4 60 1 0 15 86 1 14 235 1
1996 PIT 11 30 36.7 100 0 2 39 171 5 17 293 3
1997 PIT 236 440 53.6 3,020 21 17 88 476 11 0 0 0
1998 PIT 252 458 55.0 2,560 11 18 81 406 2 1 17 0
1999 PIT 160 275 58.2 1,464 6 10 56 258 2 9 113 1
2000 PIT 151 289 52.2 1,860 11 8 78 436 7 0 0 0
2001 PIT 266 442 60.2 3,109 14 11 96 537 5 0 0 0
2002 PIT 109 166 65.7 1,155 6 6 43 191 2 0 0 0
2003 CHI 126 251 50.2 1,418 7 12 59 290 3 0 0 0
2004 BAL 0 0 — 0 0 0 1 −1 0 0 0 0
2005 BAL 0 0 — 0 0 0 4 24 0 0 0 0

AVG. completion for the 7 years of significance was 56% TD/Int 76-82

Yet this was good enough to give this guy chance after chance.

Kordell Stewart.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Bottom line...there is nothing good to come from remaining in NY. LEAVE NY TIM!
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby NavetG8r » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Very good article, and pretty much what I've been saying all along. Leave Tim's throwing motion alone, he threw the ball as accurately as anyone else in college. All they've done is screwed up his head, and limited his ability to just play the game by conservative play-calling because they don't trust him and his funky throwing motion. Well, get a freakin clue! He's left handed, so yeah it looks different! And even if it isn't perfect form, who gives a rat's behind, so long as it gets to the receiver. Tim Tebow has the IT factor. The intangibles. Just let the guy play and don't hold him back. He'll make it happen.

It's so refreshing to see someone defending Tim, and telling the world what UF fans knew all along.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby Himey » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:43 pm

I keep saying this....Tebow will succeed if he is given the platform and support from a team. The question is "if" he will ever get that.
Himey
All-American Gator

Postby gatordad3 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Its gonna be funny as hell watching Rex Ryan lose his job before the end of the season and Tebow is still with the team next season with the possibility of Tebow getting a fair shot at the QB position.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby Scott512 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:09 am

Arizona, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Oakland and Kansas City would all have better records if Tim Tebow was their starting QB this season. Instead those 5 teams are in the tank playing for draft position. :rolleyes: Before Tebow's NFL career is kaput he and his agent need to get verbal with the Jets and demand a trade or a release. All Tim's nice guy approach in the NFL has gotten him is shafted and ridiculed. Rex Ryan conned Tebow in choosing gthe Jets over the Jags and now Tim is stuck with the Jets. Unless Tebow starts demanding things the NFL will continue to walk all over him. Sad but true.

As far as Tebow the QB is concerned he needs to lose weight and upper body muscle so he can throw the ball with more freedom. If Tim wants to weight 250 pounds like he does then he needs to be a specialty player and not a starting NFL QB.

The pressure is on the Jets this offseason. But the pressure is on Tebow and his underacheiving agent Jimmy Sexton as well.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby lgator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:37 pm

If I had to write this story, this is how I would have it. Tebow relieves Sanchez in Jacksonville and leads the Jets to a win. Pittsburgh is upset by San Diego and Cincinnati loses to the Cowboys to bring the Jets to within a game of the last wild card spots. Then Tebow is named the starter and proceeds to win the last 3 games of the season and the Jets gets in as the last wild card team in the playoffs. The Jets than proceeds to win the wild card playoff game to setup a game in Denver against Peyton Manning....to...#shakeuptheworld ... but that's how I would write this story. Unfortunately, Ryan can not read my mind...why so stubborn? I just can't wait for Timmy to get out of NY after this season.
lgator
True Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:44 pm

As a kid baseball was my idol sport. (NFL had yet to mature.)
A pitcher, later became my favorite all-star, Hall of Fame pitcher.
He first came up with marvel tales of his fastball but those were
tempered by horror stories of his wildness.It was in his awkward
delivery.

Still, from experts no words of discouragement ever appeared.
"Afraid" to tamper with his superior come-natural talents, mentors
ignored wildness to solely work WITH that unusual delivery .. the
one that gave him his unusually superior youth-championship results.
They wisely, patiently guided HIS Way to the excellent results MLB
needed. Those experts knew to bet on that natural proven style
that got him to this greatness HE & they witnessed & believed in.
That fellow turned out to be the hall of fame Dodger favorite
Sandy Koufax - the Koufax that he was all along, from his odd
beginnings based on those beginnings encouraged & nourished.

That process, avoidance of discouraging condemnation, no efforts
at revising the kid was repeated for an even wilder "flame-thrower"
the Unit, Randy Johnson. You work with what has worked, so you
do not lose it.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Scott512 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:34 pm

rogdochar wrote:As a kid baseball was my idol sport. (NFL had yet to mature.)
A pitcher, later became my favorite all-star, Hall of Fame pitcher.
He first came up with marvel tales of his fastball but those were
tempered by horror stories of his wildness.It was in his awkward
delivery.

Still, from experts no words of discouragement ever appeared.
"Afraid" to tamper with his superior come-natural talents, mentors
ignored wildness to solely work WITH that unusual delivery .. the
one that gave him his unusually superior youth-championship results.
They wisely, patiently guided HIS Way to the excellent results MLB
needed. Those experts knew to bet on that natural proven style
that got him to this greatness HE & they witnessed & believed in.
That fellow turned out to be the hall of fame Dodger favorite
Sandy Koufax - the Koufax that he was all along, from his odd
beginnings based on those beginnings encouraged & nourished.

That process, avoidance of discouraging condemnation, no efforts
at revising the kid was repeated for an even wilder "flame-thrower"
the Unit, Randy Johnson. You work with what has worked, so you
do not lose it.

Fascinating take. I like it. Too bad the media has changed everything and Tim Tebow cannot be given the tinme to develop that he needs. The derisive media attitude toward Tebow is disgusting and Sandy Koufax is lucky he was never put through the negative media grinder the way Tebow has been.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby Coach9 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Timmy proved he could win with a front office working against him and a coaching staff handcuffing him. Hopefully he ends up with a team that lets him be Tebow for 60 minutes and not "limiting" him by trying to make him just a traditional QB.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby GulfG8r » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:43 am

The MFL lost me years ago
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby Himey » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Has anyone noticed that many quarterbacks in the NFL are now using the read option play this year? 2 of them scored on long runs from the read option yesterday.

Now commentators are talking about how difficult it is to defend the read option, whereas last year when Tebow was running it, it was just a gimmick play that couldn't succeed long term in the NFL.
Himey
All-American Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum