Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double Gator Dad, EtsuGator42, Jabberdave, lumagator, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, OTownGator, rogdochar, Slevin, southcoastghost, willgetin and 67 guests

Steve Addazio to BC

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Steve Addazio to BC

Postby FunnGun » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Pete Thamel ‏
BREAKING: BC will hire Temple Coach Steve Addazio. Team meetings at 5 at both places. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... index.html


Boston College will hire Temple's Steve Addazio as its next football coach, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.
There were team meetings called at both Temple and Boston College at 5 p.m. ET to deliver the news.
Addazio went 13-11 in his two years at Temple, overseeing the Owls' transition from the MAC to the Big East. He earned a reputation as one of the country's top assistants while at Florida, where he won two national titles as the offensive line coach for Urban Meyer.
Addazio will replace Frank Spaziani, who was fired after four seasons as BC's head coach, each of which was progressively worse. Spaziani finished with a 21-29 record.


Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z2E7gHMDDN
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby gatorspook » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm

FunnGun wrote:
Pete Thamel ‏
BREAKING: BC will hire Temple Coach Steve Addazio. Team meetings at 5 at both places. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... index.html


Boston College will hire Temple's Steve Addazio as its next football coach, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.
There were team meetings called at both Temple and Boston College at 5 p.m. ET to deliver the news.
Addazio went 13-11 in his two years at Temple, overseeing the Owls' transition from the MAC to the Big East. He earned a reputation as one of the country's top assistants while at Florida, where he won two national titles as the offensive line coach for Urban Meyer.
Addazio will replace Frank Spaziani, who was fired after four seasons as BC's head coach, each of which was progressively worse. Spaziani finished with a 21-29 record.


Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z2E7gHMDDN


You know what? That's the best news I've heard in all the coaching talk. Say what you want, he actually went out of his way to talk to me a few times and he is Zooker nice. I really wish him well.
User avatar
gatorspook
Moderator
 
Posts: 5401
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Floating on a spring-fed lake in Mandarin

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby Maillot Jaune » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Good for him.
User avatar
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby Double Gator Dad » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Is this legitimate or are you playing a trick on us?

really? Addazio?

Times must be really hard in the ACC when a coach with a losing record at a school where he inherited a winning team gets a better job. WOW!
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby ChocolateShoulders » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:01 pm

From what I have been hearing from my sources in Boston...BC fell in love with Addazio's abilty to run the halfback dive over and over and over again...
User avatar
ChocolateShoulders
Redshirt Gator
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby gatorspook » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:03 pm

ChocolateShoulders wrote:From what I have been hearing from my sources in Boston...BC fell in love with Addazio's abilty to run the halfback dive over and over and over again...


Chocolate shoulders? You're not some weird friend of Pasty Stooles are you?
User avatar
gatorspook
Moderator
 
Posts: 5401
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Floating on a spring-fed lake in Mandarin

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby law98gator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm

They are hiring a guy who went 13-11?

Only in the Big East/ACC whatever conference
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16844
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby BMF » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

I heard he's bringing in John Brantley as his OC.....
BMF
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby williston_gator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Wow good for him.
User avatar
williston_gator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm
Location: Williston, FL

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby ChocolateShoulders » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:10 pm

gatorspook wrote:
ChocolateShoulders wrote:From what I have been hearing from my sources in Boston...BC fell in love with Addazio's abilty to run the halfback dive over and over and over again...


Chocolate shoulders? You're not some weird friend of Pasty Stooles are you?


I have not heard of this Pasty Stooles that you speak of...but from the sounds of it I do not want to know much more
User avatar
ChocolateShoulders
Redshirt Gator
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby lagator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Damn, so now he's leaving after he finally figured out his current school isn't named after a body part. :?
User avatar
lagator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2391
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby O&BGator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Maillot Jaune wrote:Good for him.

:cool:
User avatar
O&BGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1978
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby GatorJB » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:46 pm

law98gator wrote:They are hiring a guy who went 13-11?

Only in the Big East/ACC whatever conference


I believe Dooley's record was worse when UT hired him. :lol:
GatorJB
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby law98gator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Sorry, I'm trying to recover from the shock of seeing a Hall & Oates avatar. I'll come back with an additional sarcastic Dooley comment soon.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16844
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby FunnGun » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm

law98gator wrote:Sorry, I'm trying to recover from the shock of seeing a Hall & Oates avatar. I'll come back with an additional sarcastic Dooley comment soon.

:lol:
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby gatorJ » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:03 pm

How Daz gets head coaching jobs absolutely baffles me. Has EVER one at any of his stops?
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
User avatar
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4425
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm

ChocolateShoulders wrote:From what I have been hearing from my sources in Boston...BC fell in love with Addazio's abilty to run the halfback dive over and over and over again...


It's a pretty tough play and to be able to run it so often with no results just screams repetition, and they like that consistently in the A she she.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
User avatar
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: NW Florida

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Hmm,..who said last week Dazz would get the BC job.................................oh, Yeah......me :bow3:

Right on Philips to UF and Dazz to BC. I thought Malzan would go to the Barn but my guess on the Arky job was not even close. If Charlie doesn't go to Tenn., then I'm still 3 for 5. :flag:
Mr. Eko
True Gator
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby NoVa Gator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Addizio strikes again. LOL.
User avatar
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:14 am

Re: Steve Addazio to BC

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Steve Addazio: I'm working my way back to Rutgers
With a burning love inside.
I'm working my way back to Rutgers
And the happiness that died.

Temple, Boston College, how high can he go?
User avatar
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2431
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron