Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arkygator, BMOC, Gator Fever, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar, soflagator and 57 guests

Gators going boom under the anti-Spurrier

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Gators going boom under the anti-Spurrier

Postby no1g8r » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:46 am

Great article on Coach Muschamp and the Gators and how they turned a 7-6 year around to an 11-1 season contending for an NC:

Muschamp, who holds "exit interviews" with every player after every season, was appalled.

"It was amazing to sit through those interviews," he says. "I'd ask what the goals were for the team and the majority cited individual goals. We had an issue. It wasn't cool to be a program guy."

Muschamp called a meeting and informed the Gators that there would only be program guys here from now on.

"I loved it," says Hunter. "He's hard-nosed, not going to let anything slide. Not tell you any lies."

Who wouldn't want to play hard for a coach like this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--gat ... 29952.html
no1g8r
Freshman Gator

Re: Gators going boom under the anti-Spurrier

Postby MJMGator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 am

Nice read. Thanks for sharing.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby MJMGator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 am

"I'm the recruiting coordinator here," he says. "You're not a good guy, you go somewhere else. We'll play you. We'll beat you."

That is my favorite thing about him. You do it his way or you get the hell out. His players love him for it!
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:51 am

Excellent read!

No wonder these guys are playing hard. They would run through a brick wall for WM.

Thought it was interesting that Omar Hunter (who was annointed by Urb's) called him out as being in it for himself. There should be no doubt know about what Muschamp is trying and succeeding at building and how Meyer left it.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:54 am

You can add that Champ is the anti-Meyer too in a lot of ways.

Meyer was destroyed by Saban. Muschamp is willing to take Saban head-on.

Meyer wilted under SEC pressure. Muschamp seems to thrive under it.

Meyer went after big star recruits who were mainly interested in their NFL careers. Muschamp goes after players who want to win for dear old Florida U.

Meyer's team got out of control and there was insubordination, fights in the locker room. You do it the Florida Way, you practice hard, or you don't play for Muschamp.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:06 am

Okeechobee Joe wrote:You can add that Champ is the anti-Meyer too in a lot of ways.

Exact same thing I thought after reading. Nice story, crappy headline.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 am

no1g8r wrote:Great article on Coach Muschamp and the Gators and how they turned a 7-6 year around to an 11-1 season contending for an NC:

Muschamp, who holds "exit interviews" with every player after every season, was appalled.

"It was amazing to sit through those interviews," he says. "I'd ask what the goals were for the team and the majority cited individual goals. We had an issue. It wasn't cool to be a program guy."

Muschamp called a meeting and informed the Gators that there would only be program guys here from now on.

"I loved it," says Hunter. "He's hard-nosed, not going to let anything slide. Not tell you any lies."

Who wouldn't want to play hard for a coach like this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--gat ... 29952.html

Good stuff. :cool: In Champ we trust!
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 am

Class of '78 wrote:
Okeechobee Joe wrote:You can add that Champ is the anti-Meyer too in a lot of ways.

This. Florida's not broken, Creyer was.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby shortcast » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 am

What a great article....makes you proud :cool:
"Apparently, I'm supposed to be more angry about what Mitt Romney does with his money than what Barack Obama does with mine." David Burge Iowa Blog
shortcast
Senior Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:43 am

law98gator wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:

This. Florida's not broken, Creyer was.

Well said, "Lawgator" !
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Panhandle Gator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:28 am

I think the most obvious sign that our program is in good hands and is headed in the right direction is what we DON'T read about in the police reports.
Panhandle Gator
Freshman Gator

Postby G8rnTtown » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 am

Good read indeed. Law98 hit the nail on the head. For a program that was "broken", Champ has been a miracle worker.
G8rnTtown
Baby Gator

Postby Alagator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:49 am

Panhandle Gator wrote:I think the most obvious sign that our program is in good hands and is headed in the right direction is what we DON'T read about in the police reports.

NO KIDDING! I was thinking the same thing.
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorInKnox » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:51 am

Alagator wrote:
Panhandle Gator wrote:I think the most obvious sign that our program is in good hands and is headed in the right direction is what we DON'T read about in the police reports.

And the few that we did read about are no longer with the team. Love where he's taking us.
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby TheRoot » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Meyer was destroyed by Saban. Muschamp is willing to take Saban head-on.

Meyer wilted under SEC pressure. Muschamp seems to thrive under it.

Meyer went after big star recruits who were mainly interested in their NFL careers. Muschamp goes after players who want to win for dear old Florida U.

Meyer's team got out of control and there was insubordination, fights in the locker room. You do it the Florida Way, you practice hard, or you don't play for Muschamp.

Yes, great comparisons. Two opposite philosophies. Champ - win by submission (gritty). Meyer - win by commission (flashy).

Both are great ideals, but submission, to the victor, is a much more bruising and sustainable form of overcoming adversity. It is so difficult to do that it also humbles the victorious, and creates a better man/champion.

Submission, and overcoming submission is what football is all about.
TheRoot
Baby Gator

Postby pete2286 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Anyone remember what things were like in 2006? Very few arrests, just won a national title, head coach who seemed so different and miles ahead of the last guy.

Things changed with all the success around here. It is very hard for players to not get a big head when they are told how great they are, and then the team goes out and succeeds right away. This was the case for so many of our 2007-2010 recruits.

We will really know how much different Muschamp and Meyer are when we see how the program handles success.
pete2286
Baby Gator

Postby gatorspook » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm

GatorInKnox wrote:
Alagator wrote:

And the few that we did read about are no longer with the team. Love where he's taking us.

How's Meyer doing in that regard? I haven't heard a lot....
gatorspook

Return to Gatorsports Forum