Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double Gator Dad, EtsuGator42, Jabberdave, lumagator, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, OTownGator, rogdochar, Slevin, southcoastghost, willgetin and 66 guests

Phillips positively impacts commits, future recruiting

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Phillips positively impacts commits, future recruiting

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 am

Reaction from all of Florida's WR commits and comments from Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell on the hire of Joker Phillips.

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com ... ecruiting/
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Phillips positively impacts commits, future recruiting

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:19 am

UF needs him to pull in just one more 4 or 5 star recruit in the 2013 class. I'm glad he's going to be at the banquet on December 8th!
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby UFGatorD » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 am

I hope he can do what everyone says he can do. We always seem to miss out on the big time receivers (Julio Jones and AJ Green for example). Our QBs need some targets!
UFGatorD
Freshman Gator

Postby FullMoonMadness » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:56 am

He has a lot of knowledge and I’m willing to do anything it takes to get better, so both of us should be able to work well with each other.

I love those words. Muschamp runs a very blue collar team. The kid is willing to work, he should excel on this team.

I don't know anything else about the kid, but he's got the right attitude. :D
~Full Moon Madness

"All hail, Florida, hail."
FullMoonMadness
Redshirt Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:10 am

Zach Abolverdi wrote:Reaction from all of Florida's WR commits and comments from Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell on the hire of Joker Phillips.

This is great news Zach! Thanks!
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:25 am

UFGatorD wrote:I hope he can do what everyone says he can do. We always seem to miss out on the big time receivers (Julio Jones and AJ Green for example). Our QBs need some targets!

gotta be able to make use of the targets we have now.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby GatorMeO&B » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:46 am

GatorKen wrote:
UFGatorD wrote:I hope he can do what everyone says he can do. We always seem to miss out on the big time receivers (Julio Jones and AJ Green for example). Our QBs need some targets!

This!

Very few WR recruits come in and make a major impact as freshmen. It happens, but not often, aside from which, even if they get a 5th WR recruit they'll still need more for full rotation meaning getting the guys we've got already in house makin plays.
GatorMeO&B
Freshman Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 am

Receiver and running back are the easiest positions to have an immediate impact. Bama's leading receiver is a true freshman. Half of their two headed RB combo is a true freshman. Ugly had two true freshman toting the rock. It is pretty common.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Zambo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:04 am

Awwww sniggety snap!

The truly great receivers, like Percy, Julio, and A.J. Green come right in as freshman and kick ass. Maybe we land a guy like that soon.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:39 am

We need 6'3" WRs. Dunbar is coming along fine, he's 6'1".
Stephan Alli is 6'6" but apparently he's not adequate to play.
Fulwood is listed as 6'4", so as a freshman we need him to play.
Hope Reed stays. But we need another TE, of similar use, to hit
the ground running next year.

We are on the list of several other WRs, most of them 6'3" range.
But their list includes 5-8 schools. So who knows how meaningful
we stand there. Be great if coach Phillips can sway the right ones.
It's a big need, so big worry.

It would be good to push the pride of the SEC.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby TommyGator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:00 am

GatorKen wrote:

...or the ones we have next season...
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 am

Zach Abolverdi wrote:Reaction from all of Florida's WR commits and comments from Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell on the hire of Joker Phillips.

Thanks Zach, good read. Sounds like WM keeps building it the way it needs to be. Welcome Joker!
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:15 am

The Rivals analyst mentions Phillips being also appointed Florida's recruiting coordinator. Don't know if that was brought up here before.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Re: Phillips positiv.ely impacts commits, future recruiting

Postby G8rnTtown » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 am

Greetings fellow gators. Have been following this site for a long while and finally decided to jump in the conversation. Only time will tell, but i think that the hire of Joker will be a great move on Booms part. Under his watch there have been some great wrs at Kentucky. If he can do it there what will he be able to do with gator talent ? Heres hoping!
G8rnTtown
Baby Gator

Postby jand3k » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:22 am

Good first post and I agree, Philllips is no Joker, he's going to be very good for UF.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Re: Phillips positiv.ely impacts commits, future recruiting

Postby WhoGator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:26 am

G8rnTtown wrote:Greetings fellow gators. Have been following this site for a long while and finally decided to jump in the conversation. Only time will tell, but i think that the hire of Joker will be a great move on Booms part. Under his watch there have been some great wrs at Kentucky. If he can do it there what will he be able to do with gator talent ? Heres hoping!

Welcome... I agree. Exciting part is that they had great wide receivers who were not necessarily great athletes or great 4-5 star prospects. Let's see what he can do with the quality that we should be bringing in.

:chomp:
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby GatorOwls » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 am

I'm pretty sure we landed 2 of the top TE's last year, a receiving TE and a blocker.
GatorOwls
Baby Gator

Postby G8rnTtown » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 am

Thx for the welcome aboard! While it would be a great "get" for the coaches to reel in a North or a Robinson as that 5th wr prospect from a ratings perspective, I think it would be more productive if they can bring in a James Clark type and coach em up. Stars from other states are great, but when they can take a native son that bleeds O & B and turn em into stars, that makes the outsiders want to get on the gator train!
G8rnTtown
Baby Gator

Postby soflagator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Class of '78 wrote:The Rivals analyst mentions Phillips being also appointed Florida's recruiting coordinator. Don't know if that was brought up here before.

I have to think that his taking the position so quickly would indicate that he'll be more than just a WR coach. I could see him being heavily involved, possibly as recruiting coordinator with a potential OC spot when and if Pease leaves. I like the idea of a longer term role where he is part if this team for a while. He's really respected and also seems really loyal.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 pm

I think he is already recruiting coordinator. We have in the past paid some of our recruiting coordinators or heads of football operations as much as we paid our DC and OC.

Besides, he has one of the coolest names in football. There is only one "Joker".
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum