Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DallasGator, gatorJ, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Sasquatch Gator and 49 guests

Mark Sanchez finally benched - for Greg McElroy

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Re: Mark Sanchez finally benched - for Greg McElroy

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:27 pm

oxrageous wrote:
Sasquatch Gator wrote:I think it's fairly clear that his future is not as an NFL quarterback.

I think it's fairly clear that your future is of an ex-GSMB member. :bananabye:

:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Himey » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Class of '78 wrote:
MatthewM. wrote:Broncos miss Tim:

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000104880/

+SHARE
By Marc Sessler

Published: December 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Tim Tebow has faded into the background on a New York Jets offense that appears unsure how to use the backup passer in game situations.

Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com reports more than a few of Tebow's former Denver teammates aren't surprised.

Enter -- and please bear with us -- the Anonymous Bronco.

"When Tim was here we saw the issues up close," the unidentified player said. "The Jets didn't, and now they are seeing the problems, too."

Then this: "I feel really, really bad for Tim. He's a good person, just not an NFL quarterback."

Multiple Broncos players told Freeman last year's 8-8 playoff team was better than their record. They argued Tebow -- lauded for his heroics -- held Denver back on the field.

"Of course we're comparing this year to last year," a second player told Freeman. "This year we won the division with four games left. That's all Peyton Manning. If Tebow was here, we'd still be squeaking out wins, or losing games we shouldn't be losing. The division would be coming down to the last game.

"I've been following Tim in New York and I feel horrible for him. Everyone here, I think, wants the best for him. He's a good guy. But you can't turn Tim into something he's not, and he's not really an NFL quarterback. He's more of a gimmick player."

Freeman described a sense of collective locker-room gratitude toward John Elway, the former Broncos quarterback and team executive who pulled the levers to ship Tebow to New York and bring Peyton Manning westward.

"I'm watching Tim and wishing him well but glad I'm here with Peyton," another Denver player said.

It's hard not to feel for Tebow. The repeated target of anonymous criticism deserves better from his former teammates in Denver and his current ones in New York. If nothing else, Tebow has been an example of the ultimate team player -- something his unidentified detractors will never be.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

The comments by the former Broncos teammates are, contrary to the writer's thoughts, by no means insensitive to Tebow. They're saying they like him, that they appreciated him as a teammate, but that he doesn't have the necessary NFL skillset at quarterback.

After a while, when this many teammates are on the same page about him, you have to start to wonder. Sooner or later, the real truth will reveal itself.

Yes, his former Bronco teammates are spot on: Tebow held the Broncos back last year. They were well on their way to a Super Bowl win with a 1-4 record until Tebow came in and ruined it for them. :rolleyes:
Himey
All-American Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Himey wrote:Yes, his former Bronco teammates are spot on: Tebow held the Broncos back last year. They were well on their way to a Super Bowl win with a 1-4 record until Tebow came in and ruined it for them. :rolleyes:

So you're saying the Broncos are worse off without Tebow? :?

He was an upgrade compared to Orton or Quinn, but that isn't saying much...
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:57 pm

The CFL would be more suitable for Tim's "sub-NFL" skill-set.
The CFL would be more lenient concerning throwing inaccuracies.
If Tim does not perform well/learn well in practice then the CFL
might be the only "quality" pro-arena he can learn while playing.
The CFL shouldn't retard him developing running back skills ?
If there's any place or way that Tim can improve making his WR
progressions and reading defensive schemes on the action-field
could that be the CFL.

I'd rather Tim be a well-paid & praised success in the CFL than
continue to be the target of the worse 'baditudes' ever composted
on one spirit. It's at the point where nobody can rescue Tim but Tim.

The NFL has made its mind up in the worse way.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:07 pm

You guys know that an NFL H back makes far more than a CFL or arena league QB, right?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Himey » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm

CapitalGator02 wrote:
Himey wrote:Yes, his former Bronco teammates are spot on: Tebow held the Broncos back last year. They were well on their way to a Super Bowl win with a 1-4 record until Tebow came in and ruined it for them. :rolleyes:

So you're saying the Broncos are worse off without Tebow? :?

He was an upgrade compared to Orton or Quinn, but that isn't saying much...

I was responding to this part of the story regarding last year's team:

"Multiple Broncos players told Freeman last year's 8-8 playoff team was better than their record. They argued Tebow -- lauded for his heroics -- held Denver back on the field."

That is patently pathetic and laughable.

As for this year, sure, a hall of fame quarterback, Peyton Manning, is an upgrade to Tebow. What an amazing revelation that proves nothing. Peyton Manning at this stage of his career is MUCH better than he himself was in his second year. It's apples and oranges.

Denver is rolling the dice on instant success vs. long term investment in the team. Maybe it will pay off. Maybe it won't.
Himey
All-American Gator

Postby Leroy Jenkins » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

gatorJ wrote:Rex Ryan is a jacka$$. They must be throwing the season for a top 5 pick. Probably praying for Marquis Lee.

Not eligible for the draft until NEXT season.
Leroy Jenkins
Bull Gator

Mike Freeman on Tebow

Postby El Lagarto » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 pm

CBSSports' Mike Freeman spoke with several Denver players, who declined to be named, but offered the following thoughts on their former teammate:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... s/1742943/

Freeman is the former Florida Time Union reporter with whom Jeremy Foley had negative experiences. He has credibility issues from his prior employment and is a known Gator hater....
El Lagarto
Baby Gator

Re: Mike Freeman on Tebow

Postby Dugaboy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I don't know who El Largarto is, but the aroma is familiar. Jeremy Foly isn't the only white guy with run ins with Mike Freeman. The man is full of biggotry and hate.

I suggest you not follow up with anymore "Mike Freeman" quotes on this board...
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm

:yawn:

Tebow can't play quarterback? This is earth-shattering news!
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby TommyGator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:59 pm

All I want for Timmy is the opportunity to run an NFL offense. Opinions are like navels, *******, and a pair eyes; everybody has 'em. (No Helen Keller posts, please.)

just give the kid an offense and let him play. If he fails, so be it. But PLEASE, stop skewering him on bias of opinion alone!
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Coach9 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Freeman still a jackass I see.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby RowdyReptile » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Don't you just love all those nameless former teammates on the Denver Geldings?
Keeping Gators in the loop
Paradox: The government wants every citizen to prove that they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens
RowdyReptile
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorJ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Well that was a ridiculously non informative article.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby Coach9 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

gatorJ wrote:Well that was a ridiculously non informative article.

Ridiculous and non informative describe Mike Freeman pretty well. True hack.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby catsigator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm

CapitalGator02 wrote:
FunnGun wrote:
DCflorida wrote:
FunnGun wrote::yess: The Jags are gonna kill McElroy and knock Tebow back into bibical times next week.

:shifty:

And the Jags, they'd rather play with Chad Freaking Henne than make some kind of trade for Tebow. And the Jags need Tebow's fan base.

It's not going to happen and if it did there would be a very good chance that it wouldn't be in his best interest. I don't like his situation in NY but it wouldn't be any better in Jax.

He needs to go to a veteran lead team with a head coach that is in complete control. I really think the Pats would be a nice fit for Tim.

I've felt along the Steelers would've been a great place for Tim. Shame it didn't happen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"'All things are lawful,' but not all things are helpful."
catsigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby CapitalGator02 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 pm

catsigator wrote:I've felt along the Steelers would've been a great place for Tim. Shame it didn't happen.

Another good option. They sure have a thing for Gators.

They are on quarterback #7 at the moment so he would fit right in.
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby El Lagarto » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Dugaboy wrote:I don't know who El Largarto is, but the aroma is familiar. Jeremy Foly isn't the only white guy with run ins with Mike Freeman. The man is full of biggotry and hate.

I suggest you not follow up with anymore "Mike Freeman" quotes on this board...

Little Richard,

You suggest....?? You must be someone important? I need no instructions from you, sir! For you, I suggest that you...(and I will get back to you on the fine details).
El Lagarto
Baby Gator

Previous

Return to Gatorsports Forum