Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar and 23 guests

Favorite Jesse Palmer Gator Memory??

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Favorite Jesse Palmer Gator Memory??

Postby bigman1979 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:09 pm

The one that sticks out in my mind is his game winning TD pass to Gaffney against UT.

Any others?
bigman1979
Redshirt Gator

Re: Favorite Jesse Palmer Gator Memory??

Postby Swamp Queen » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Seeing him a few times a week for a semester on my way to class at the Florida Gym. We usually passed each other right by the stadium. Loved those days.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Rex couldn't handle it against UGA that year (2000). Jesse did pretty well in that game. Same year against UK (I was at both games) he ran about two QB sneaks for TDs. For some reason, can't remember much else.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Hard to remember what he did, it was that unmemorable. Sorry.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 pm

His graduation.
oxrageous

Postby ufgator812. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 pm

Really?
He was unworthy of #7.
"Victory at all cost. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." --Winston Churchill
May 13, 1940 GOD BLESS
ufgator812.
Heisman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 pm

I'll think of one in a minute.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:57 pm

When he got to bang all those chicks on The Bachelor?

FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Kilzyo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:03 am

bigman1979 wrote:The one that sticks out in my mind is his game winning TD pass to Gaffney against UT.

Any others?

With a sprained ankle. He's still a B!tch though.
Kilzyo
True Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:05 am

The guy is one of the biggest pricks on the planet. I used to see him in Gator Dining all the time and he acted like a primadonna even back then! Smug SOB! Worst Gator QB of the Spurrier era bar-none! Frick him!
Last edited by StreetFightingGator on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Coach9 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 am

Don't have one.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:45 am

That he wore a lot of hair gel?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatorJ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:50 am

Didn't he rush for a QB record 4 TDs in a game? obviously bested by TB since. He was pretty tough in that game.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby FullMoonMadness » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:18 am

StreetFightingGator wrote:The guy is one of the biggest pricks on the planet. I used to see him in Gator Dining all the time and he acted like a primadonna even back then! Smug SOB! Worst Gator QB of the Spurrier era bar-none! Frick him!

Sorry, Doug Johnson has that title. The laundry list of reasons why is a mile long.
~Full Moon Madness

"All hail, Florida, hail."
FullMoonMadness
Redshirt Gator

Postby FullMoonMadness » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 am

Two memories stand out for me. The first, and this is going to sound bad, was when he broke his clavicle in a game. He didn't come out right away, but stayed in for one more play. In that play he threw the ball a good 40+ yards in the air. It went for an incompletion, but I remember being amazed at the throw given his injury.

The other was when a friend and I had gone to the batting cage on 34th St. (I think it was a Putt Putt). Jesse was there and absolutely raking in the cage. I remember thinking that Spurrier would probably be pissed if he knew Jesse had 80+ MPH pitches heading in his direction.
~Full Moon Madness

"All hail, Florida, hail."
FullMoonMadness
Redshirt Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 am

FullMoonMadness wrote:
StreetFightingGator wrote:The guy is one of the biggest pricks on the planet. I used to see him in Gator Dining all the time and he acted like a primadonna even back then! Smug SOB! Worst Gator QB of the Spurrier era bar-none! Frick him!

Sorry, Doug Johnson has that title. The laundry list of reasons why is a mile long.

Bingo. I couldn't stand that guy.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby AlaskanGator87 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:25 am

Ya my memory serves me that he never beat Florida St. I can't stand seeing his face all over ESPN. He's one quarterback I wouldn't mind seeing erased from Gator record books..
AlaskanGator87
Baby Gator

Postby gatordad3 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:46 am

It's puzzling how the worst QB in the Spurrier era has a primadonna attitude. It's amazing he even made an NFL roster. I only wish Spurrier would have given Brindise the keys to the 1997 season.

My favorite memory of Palmer was when Spurrier was so ticked off he punted on 3rd down against a cupcake opponent.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby rleaton4880 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:31 am

Biggest memory is that he is Canadian.......was flabbergasted when he was recruited by Spurrier after attending a Catholic high school in Ottawa, Canada....say what?
rleaton4880
True Gator

Postby Dugaboy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 am

Well now, that went well...

Next time a poster titles his thread "...favorite Gator memory..." please add: "pleasant" to the title. What a bunch of toads you posters are.

My memory doesn't have all the details, but I can pull the tape and look. Florida had the ball deep in it's own territory after UT had scored the go-ahead TD in Neyland. With a few minutes to go, Jesse was later reported to say in the huddle, "OK, now lets go make some memories."

They drove down the field and scored the winning TD.

Someone please elaborate if you can...or, if you want to. Pppfff! Bad posters. Where is the scotch...
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum