Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cuuf, Gator Fever, gatordad3, Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Naples Gator, Sasquatch Gator, WobbleGator, Yahoo [Bot] and 95 guests

La Tech declines bowl bid

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

La Tech declines bowl bid

Postby Swamp Queen » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:40 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -bowl-game

Louisiana Tech said it was in line to play in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl, but when Oklahoma missed out on the BCS, it caused a chain reaction that pushed Iowa State out of the Heart of Dallas Bowl and into the Liberty Bowl in the Bulldogs' place.

Kinda sucks for the players after the season they had.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Re: La Tech declines bowl bid

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:43 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8703346/louisiana-tech-bulldogs-9-3-turns-bid-go-bowl-game

Louisiana Tech said it was in line to play in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl, but when Oklahoma missed out on the BCS, it caused a chain reaction that pushed Iowa State out of the Heart of Dallas Bowl and into the Liberty Bowl in the Bulldogs' place.

Kinda sucks for the players after the season they had.

NM..
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby jagator0 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:44 pm

They didn't decline it, they were waiting on a better offer which never came. Indy Bowl wouldn't give them a few hours. How many girls have missed their prom playing that game?
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby FatCatG8r » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Wow. The Mailman ripped them a new one. He even made a play for ownership of the program. Man has cojones, for sure.
FatCatG8r
Freshman Gator

Postby Pineywoods » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Add LaTech to the long line of folks screwed by this BCS crapola. Including the fans. What a mediocre bowl lineup.

No disrespect to Charlie Strong, but Florida and the Sugar Bowl deserve a more elite matchup.

Hell, a Florida-Georgie rematch would have been a hoot.
Pineywoods
Senior Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:15 pm

Pineywoods wrote:Add LaTech to the long line of folks screwed by this BCS crapola. Including the fans. What a mediocre bowl lineup.

No disrespect to Charlie Strong, but Florida and the Sugar Bowl deserve a more elite matchup.

Yep. Would have loved to see that rematch and the Sugar would have too.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jagator0 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 am

Pineywoods wrote:Add LaTech to the long line of folks screwed by this BCS crapola. Including the fans. What a mediocre bowl lineup.

How is the BCS to blame for "oh I'd love to go to the prom Johnny, but I'm waiting to see if Joey is going to ask me first, can you wait until tomorrow?"
I know they thought they had the Liberty Bowl and all the Big 12 teams slid down when NIU got the Orange Bowl, but it's not like NIU wasn't going to any bowl game. Somebody at Tech should have been doing the math and realized they were only going to get the one bowl invite.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum