Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ATXGator, Durty South Swamp, Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, Sasquatch Gator, Swamp Queen and 46 guests

Final BCS standings

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Final BCS standings

Postby jagator0 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Six SEC teams in the Top Ten. Just go ahead and give Bammers the trophy now. BCS Championship Game should be us vs Bama
jagator0
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby FunnGun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:41 pm

NIU vs FSU in the Orange Bowl.
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby jagator0 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 pm

I like NIU in the Orange Bowl
jagator0
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby FunnGun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 pm

So Oklahoma is out? Just sat down so I'm a little confused as to what's going on. Kirk is throwing a fit over NIU.
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby FunnGun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Florida vs Louisville in the Sugar.
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby williston_gator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Dang, Herbie.
User avatar
williston_gator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm
Location: Williston, FL

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby FunnGun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:46 pm

KSU vs Oregon in the Fiesta.
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby williston_gator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:46 pm

So #4 gets #5, and #3 (UF) gets #21? Seems legit.....
User avatar
williston_gator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm
Location: Williston, FL

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby D Rapp » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 pm

williston_gator wrote:Dang, Herbie.


Scared me when he ranted about Florida and Oklahoma being left out of a BCS Bowl.
D Rapp
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby FunnGun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Yeah, no ****. :lol: At least it's not NIU. More false hope for FSU though. I hope they steam roll the noles.
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby DCflorida » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm

I wonder if Strong will still be the Louisville coach by the time we play. If he were to take one of the SEC openings soon, I doubt it.
User avatar
DCflorida
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby bradgator2 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Orange Bowl tickets currently $16 on stubhub. That worked out well. :)
User avatar
bradgator2
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby FunnGun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm

I didn't hear this earlier - "There will be a talent gap when FSU and NIU take the field." Kirk - "EJ will do his best to make it a competitive game." :lol:
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:18 pm

DCflorida wrote:I wonder if Strong will still be the Louisville coach by the time we play. If he were to take one of the SEC openings soon, I doubt it.


I think he will still be their coach.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby muddycorey » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:20 pm

...Anyone know how we are #6 in the Billingsley rankings??? Not that it would've made a difference as to where we are ranked, but it's the only one that has had us anywhere below #2 for the past 3 weeks.
muddycorey
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:56 am

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby Gatorphan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm

muddycorey wrote:...Anyone know how we are #6 in the Billingsley rankings??? Not that it would've made a difference as to where we are ranked, but it's the only one that has had us anywhere below #2 for the past 3 weeks.

I have no idea, but I do know that they grow out the highest and lowest computer scores before you get your average.
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Image
User avatar
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:30 pm

jagator0 wrote:I like NIU in the Orange Bowl


Hard to tell who's playing "out of their league" in this one.
But suppose FSU , on both defense & offense, look like the
best in the BCS. Will this fit as FSU's easy schedule ?? Or will
the CFB media promote enuf for Seminole fans to rebound to
"being back" & calling that UF defeat their fluke game ?

I do not want FSU to have any scintilla of platform to crow.
Ha! Seminole to Crow--that's my biatribe as an indian-giver? :rolleyes:
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby muddycorey » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Gatorphan wrote:
muddycorey wrote:...Anyone know how we are #6 in the Billingsley rankings??? Not that it would've made a difference as to where we are ranked, but it's the only one that has had us anywhere below #2 for the past 3 weeks.

I have no idea, but I do know that they grow out the highest and lowest computer scores before you get your average.


Wasn't sure that they still did the throwing out of the highest and lowest. Either way, there must be something that he does that the other computer rankings don't do....probably compares point differential, even though they aren't supposed to.
muddycorey
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:56 am

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby Gatorphan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:36 pm

muddycorey wrote:
Gatorphan wrote:
muddycorey wrote:...Anyone know how we are #6 in the Billingsley rankings??? Not that it would've made a difference as to where we are ranked, but it's the only one that has had us anywhere below #2 for the past 3 weeks.

I have no idea, but I do know that they grow out the highest and lowest computer scores before you get your average.


Wasn't sure that they still did the throwing out of the highest and lowest. Either way, there must be something that he does that the other computer rankings don't do....probably compares point differential, even though they aren't supposed to.

Yea, I don't get it. It must be are cream puff schedule ;)
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Image
User avatar
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Final BCS standings

Postby Gatorbythebay » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 am

I know UF should have taken care of business and beat UGA when they had the chance, but it is Monday and I have to complain about something. My one question is how does #2 UF get beat by #10 UGA and fall to #7, while #1 Bama loses to #15 A&M and only fall to #4? They should have been sitting around #6 going into the game against UGA this weekend. Would they still be in the NCG if this had happened the way it should have? Again, I understand that UF should have taken care of business, but Bama didn't either.
User avatar
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2960
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron