Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 23 guests

Will Charlie Strong still be at Louisville for Suger Bowl

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Will Charlie Strong still be at Louisville for Suger Bowl

Postby ALPHAGATOR91 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:12 pm

It's bad enough that we will be playing Louisville in the Sugar Bowl. But, I'm not sure Charlie Strong will still be coaching there...
Who is John Galt?

ALPHAGATOR91
Freshman Gator

Re: Will Charlie Strong still be at Louisville for Suger Bowl

Postby vulcan_alex » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Nothing is sure but unless Louisville is not willing to come up with money or there is some other issue that I have not heard about he probably will be. None of the openings is so attractive at least by my estimation.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:52 pm

50/50
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Hard to say. I don't think he heads to The Plains (who does want to go there, anyway?). Maybe Tennessee or Arkansas. And maybe he stays @ Louisville, just to play us, and then leaves? Personally, with their entry into the ACC imminent, I think he stays @ Louisville.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby DCflorida » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:57 pm

I wondered the same thing in another thread. If he were to land at one of the SEC jobs; UT, AU or Arky, I doubt it. The new administration would want him knee-deep in recruiting and transitioning, not coaching in a bowl game.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Strong will still be Louisville's coach imo.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby Coach9 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Even if he is, there will be plenty of rumblings this month that will have the players wondering if he'll still be their coach. Will definitely be a distraction.
No mercy. Sweep the leg.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mr. Eko » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:17 pm

vulcan_alex wrote:Nothing is sure but unless Louisville is not willing to come up with money or there is some other issue that I have not heard about he probably will be. None of the openings is so attractive at least by my estimation.

Both Tennesse and Arky are great jobs. Not Elite but great. As we all know, it is a tough league as 5 Head Coaching jobs turned over in the SEC in 2 years.

Louisville joins the ACC in 2014, I think Charlie likes his chances to win there, but he's coached a lot of games in the SEC.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:50 pm

Arky is a good job, not great. Barn would be a good job, but not with probation hanging. Tinerc could be a good job, but not with the complete absence of talent and probation. Kintuck is Kintuck.

If I were CS, I might take Arky. I wouldn't take the risk with any of the others, though I might interview just to get the raise from Louisville. Frankly, he has a better chance of winning big with Louisville in the ACC than he does in the SEC with any of those teams.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Mr. Eko » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:08 am

law98gator wrote:Arky is a good job, not great. Barn would be a good job, but not with probation hanging. Tinerc could be a good job, but not with the complete absence of talent and probation. Kintuck is Kintuck.

If I were CS, I might take Arky. I wouldn't take the risk with any of the others, though I might interview just to get the raise from Louisville. Frankly, he has a better chance of winning big with Louisville in the ACC than he does in the SEC with any of those teams.

I still Think Arky and Tenn are great jobs. Good to great facilities, rabid fan base both in the SEC. 100,00 seat stadium for Tenn. I think Knoxville is quite pretty. A good coach and recruiter would do well at both schools. Way more pluses than minuses IMO.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:17 am

Keep praying Vole troll, but you're four to five years away from being relevant. I just don't think it will ever happen, not with Bama, USC, and UGA getting the good recruits and you fighting for table scraps from Vandy. You need Bammers back on probation and USC and Vandy to disappear.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby UGator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:50 am

Charile is a good guy, a good coach and recruiter, but some southern schools might have pause due to his bi racial marriage that he has commented on before. Too bad!

Arky, where he's from, and Tn (they need a great recruiter and player developer) would do themselves proud with Strong, but Aub is a nightmare with booster involvement and the NCAA about to nail them!
UGator
Freshman Gator

Postby Dugaboy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 am

Yes.
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby shortcast » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 am

Charlie Strong impresses me as one of the few really good stand up guys in the profession. I would be surprised if he left this year. Louisville is the one school that gave him a shot and they have treated him well. His future looks bright there and Louisville moving to the ACC will only help. Another year or so with success and he can pretty much write his ticket to where ever he wants to go. Can't imagine him feeling desperate enough to want to go to any of the three vacancies in the SEC with the exception of maybe Tenn.
His character and ability would be a good fit for the Vols after the self-inflicted nightmares they have been through.
"Apparently, I'm supposed to be more angry about what Mitt Romney does with his money than what Barack Obama does with mine." David Burge Iowa Blog
shortcast
Senior Gator

Postby dp 83 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 am

SavannahGator wrote:Hard to say. I don't think he heads to The Plains (who does want to go there, anyway?). Maybe Tennessee or Arkansas. And maybe he stays @ Louisville, just to play us, and then leaves? Personally, with their entry into the ACC imminent, I think he stays @ Louisville.

Doesn't make any sense! any SEC job is better than Looeyville in the ACC.
dp 83
True Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 am

Yes
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WestSideGata » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:15 am

With Louisville moving to the ACC it has to be a more attractive job now, but it still is clearly not the SEC. He is a really good guy, and because of that I hope that he goes to the SEC West. He will get the players.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby mtn2top » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Charlie would be a great fit at Arkansas for many reasons. That is the most likely school for him in the SEC. If Arky comes calling UL will not be able to compete financially in a counter-offer. Beyond that I think he'll stay at UL where he's walking on water right now and has a clear path for more success in the ACC.

I would rank UT as the next but distant possibility. Hart is under a lot of pressure to make the right hire after all the disasters that have occurred since Fulmer was canned. Strong would be a great hire and could be retained for less than a big name coach like Petrino. I look for a 'can't miss' hire at UT, or at least one that meets that fan perception.

I'd be willing to bet that Kirby Smart ends up at Auburn. What better hire than to take Saban's golden boy away. He'll have a couple of years at Auburn to show some progress and knows the terrain from day one.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorhar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 am

On Bill King this morning the Vols insider reporter basically said it is down to Charlie and Mike Gundy and that Charlie made the UL people very uneasy yesterday in his news conference as he was very evasive when talking about staying at UL.
gatorhar
Heisman Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm

I think he'll be there, but it'll be his last game coaching for them.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum