Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomTown, Gator Fever, gatordad3, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Jabberdave, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Naples Gator, Sasquatch Gator, TheDouglas78, WobbleGator and 97 guests

FSpew Basketball...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

FSpew Basketball...

Postby TommyGator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Beaten by the Mercer Bears. At Home.

http://www.macon.com/2012/12/02/2270729 ... orida.html

Bears > Clowns at the circus.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Re: FSpew Basketball...

Postby cuuf » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:01 pm

I would wait until we play them before we go full ridicule on them. They will be up for it and despite the results they do have some talent.
Who cares anymore
cuuf
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Happy they'll get a "by" next week .... by the neck 'til dead. :madevil:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Maillot Jaune » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Pathetic. We can only hope they don't find some major motivaion on the 5th to keep it close against us.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby TommyGator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 pm

cuuf wrote:I would wait until we play them before we go full ridicule on them. They will be up for it and despite the results they do have some talent.

I watched the Bears play a couple of times last season. They should not beat a D1 program.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:10 pm

TommyGator wrote:
cuuf wrote:I would wait until we play them before we go full ridicule on them. They will be up for it and despite the results they do have some talent.

I watched the Bears play a couple of times last season. They should not beat a D1 program.

FWIW, Mercer is a D1 program in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby TommyGator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:12 pm

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote:
TommyGator wrote:

FWIW, Mercer is a D1 program in the Atlantic Sun Conference.

:lol: A Mere technicality! :lol:
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:46 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:27 am

:suicide: :nole:
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby WhoGator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:58 am

Nothing like Clowns underachieving... I guess they're not back in hoops either.

Consider though... What was once a tough OOC pre-SEC schedule for us against 5-6 ranked teams is really getting wiped out by no game vs. Georgetown, Wisconsin unranked, Marquette sucking, FSU pulling their usual choke, Kansas state unranked... leaves us with just Arizona. And the SEC looked bad against the Big East... Can't tuckee is young and stupid, the rest just didn't impress.

Will losses hurt our March seeding even more now since the competition will lower our RPI and cost us over the season. Your thoughts?

:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 am

WhoGator wrote:Nothing like Clowns underachieving... I guess they're not back in hoops either.

Consider though... What was once a tough OOC pre-SEC schedule for us against 5-6 ranked teams is really getting wiped out by no game vs. Georgetown, Wisconsin unranked, Marquette sucking, FSU pulling their usual choke, Kansas state unranked... leaves us with just Arizona. And the SEC looked bad against the Big East... Can't tuckee is young and stupid, the rest just didn't impress.

Will losses hurt our March seeding even more now since the competition will lower our RPI and cost us over the season. Your thoughts?

Barring injuries or some crazy dry spell in the conference schedule, we won't lose more than 3-4 games (if that). That right there would guarantee us nothing worse than a 2.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:48 am

WhoGator wrote:Nothing like Clowns underachieving... I guess they're not back in hoops either.

Losses will hurt, but the combination of experiences leadership, some size, some toughness, and some outside shooting, this is one of the more complete Gator teams is quite a while. Everyone can slump, but I do not see this Gator team losing too many conference games unless they start reading their own good press and stop working hard.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorStompin44 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:58 am

Marquette's only loses are to us and Butler by 1 point, so they might be a ranked team down the line. Wisconsin isn't doing doing too hot, but 2 of their 3 loses are to ranked teams. We'll see what happens when conference play starts. Marquette and Wiscy play tonight. K State's only loss was to ranked Michigan. Arizona is legit and playing in Tucson will help our RPI even more... if we when.
GatorStompin44
Senior Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:32 am

They could be back in macramé class or string art, just saying they could be!
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 am

FSU sucks
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby mtn2top » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm

The only danger in losing this game to the Clowns is UF looking ahead to Zona. I have no expectation of any kind of challenge from FSU this season in hoops.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum