Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 17 guests

Louisville

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Louisville

Postby Swampsoup » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 pm

According to several sources
http://espn.go.com/college-football/
"They hate because we are great" " We are great because we are Gators!"
Swampsoup
Freshman Gator

Re: Louisville

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:21 pm

What a joke.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby Swampsoup » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Gator Fever wrote:What a joke.

It's an insult to this football team for what they have accomplished this year.
Swampsoup
Freshman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Swampsoup wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:What a joke.

It's an insult to this football team for what they have accomplished this year.

I agree - the BE caused this being so bad this year. The only angle is Strong is their coach.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 pm

That would be dependent on Northern Illinois cracking the top 16 in the BCS rankings. CBSSport's Jerry Palm has Northern Illinois below the 16th spot in his usually accurate BCS prediction. If that holds true, it'll be Okie.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swampsoup » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:01 pm

SavannahGator wrote:That would be dependent on Northern Illinois cracking the top 16 in the BCS rankings. CBSSport's Jerry Palm has Northern Illinois below the 16th spot in his usually accurate BCS prediction. If that holds true, it'll be Okie.

I wish that we're the case...not looking good
Swampsoup
Freshman Gator

Postby gatorbait86 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Nope, it's official... Louisville vs. Florida...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... s-bowl-bid
gatorbait86
Redshirt Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Now Dooley is reporting it as per Sports Illustrated. I'd like to think otherwise, but I guess not. It would be hilarious to see N Illinois defeat the :nole:s in Miami :lol:

Some "fast facts" on NIU, from their website:
http://www.niu.edu/about/fastfacts.shtml

They're not as small as one might think. They do have 22,000 enrolled. I just have to wonder how many will make the trip from DeKalb Ill to MIA? Maybe a lot, for the sun?
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby lagator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Louisville or OK, what's the difference really? Two very mediocre 10-2 teams that will be big dogs. At least Louisville plays some defense and doesn't give up 40 points and 600 yards on a regular basis.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby Mighty O. and B. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Only thing I can say is at least its not Northern Illinois. We haven't looked that good against the lesser teams we have played this year and it would be hard to get the team up for a game against a MAC team. Louisville isn't that much better, but I don't expect us to dominate because we haven't done that to anyone all year. This will be a huge game for Louisville, so we have to be on upset alert.
Mighty O. and B.
Freshman Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Pathetic. There is zero integrity left in this world. I feel sorry for our guys that played their hearts out and accomplished more than any other team in football this season. I'd be willing to bet that there isn't another team out there that could've played our schedule and finished with a better record.

Our reward? A crappy Big East team led by an overrated coach. Bleh :madevil:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby Gator98MD » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Well say what you will about how crappy L'ville is, but we sure as hell better beat them or esle we will have egg on our faces. We are the better team no doubt but stuff happens during bowl season.
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:Pathetic. There is zero integrity left in this world. I feel sorry for our guys that played their hearts out and accomplished more than any other team in football this season. I'd be willing to bet that there isn't another team out there that could've played our schedule and finished with a better record.

You don't think much of Charlie Strong? I like the guy did a great job while he was here, except when he coached us against Miami in the ATL.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby FullMoonMadness » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 pm

The Gators are 2-0 vs. Louisville. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/florida/opponents_records.php?teamid=1804

Keep the streak alive!!! ;)
~Full Moon Madness

"All hail, Florida, hail."
FullMoonMadness
Redshirt Gator

Postby Mighty O. and B. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Gator98MD wrote:Well say what you will about how crappy L'ville is, but we sure as hell better beat them or esle we will have egg on our faces. We are the better team no doubt but stuff happens during bowl season.

As bad as we played against the lesser teams we played this year, we stand a pretty good chance of being upset. This game is huge for Louisville so they will be ready. Sadly winning this game really means nothing for us. Its too bad the BCS can't give matchups that are meaningful for both teams instead of these David vs Goliath where really only one team has anything to gain.
Mighty O. and B.
Freshman Gator

Postby lagator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:35 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:Pathetic. There is zero integrity left in this world. I feel sorry for our guys that played their hearts out and accomplished more than any other team in football this season. I'd be willing to bet that there isn't another team out there that could've played our schedule and finished with a better record.

Taking a shot at Charlie? :rolleyes:

If any coach is overrated it's Stoops. What kind of defensive genius gives up 600 yards 2 weeks in a row? And then there is the 5 BCS game losses. The only thing keeping him from breaking his own record and getting his 6th is his two home losses keeping him out of the BCS altogether.

Screw Stoops and OK.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Just based on the eyeball test our defense should destroy Louisville but our offense may do what they have done when playing many games this year.
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby AlwaysWrite » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:56 pm

So there are SIX SEC teams ranked higher than FSU, Northern Illinois, and Wisconsin. Yet only 2 can go, while these 3rd-tier teams go to a BCS bowl. Sounds fair to me.

The country may be sick of the SEC, but wouldn't an LSU-Kansas State or Texas A&M-Oregon matchup be light-years better than this FSU-Northern Illinois garbage?
==========
The commercial told me to "Go write the great American novel," so I did.
Thought-provoking sci-fi novels, just $2.99:
www.davidderrico.com
AlwaysWrite
Freshman Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 pm

AlwaysWrite wrote:So there are SIX SEC teams ranked higher than FSU, Northern Illinois, and Wisconsin. Yet only 2 can go, while these 3rd-tier teams go to a BCS bowl. Sounds fair to me.

The country may be sick of the SEC, but wouldn't an LSU-Kansas State or Texas A&M-Oregon matchup be light-years better than this FSU-Northern Illinois garbage?

The Orange Bowl has been a joke for years.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Swampsoup » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Because of our style of play, we won't beat them as bad as some people think we should; which (sadly) includes some people on this board. I can't imagine the players being excited about the game; so I'm sure most will find a way to join me on bourbon street to revel in our success. That being said; it will probably be something like 31-19 Gators.
Swampsoup
Freshman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum