Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, DeathRoll, gatorJ, gatorzen, Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, NavetG8r, ufgatorfan97 and 47 guests

The Georgia Tech effect

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

The Georgia Tech effect

Postby Zambo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:04 pm

What an interesting spot they are in. 6-6 heading into the bowl game. Unless I am mistaken there are two possible outcomes.

1. They lose the game and end the season with a losing record and don't get to go to even a crappy bowl.

2. They win the game, and get a BCS bowl berth as champions of the ACC.

I for one think this is an awesome way to conduct business. Only the university presidents, the smartest minds in our nation's 'educational' system, could come up with such a system.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Re: The Georgia Tech effect

Postby bradgator2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:10 pm

They already petitioned the NCAA and they were granted permission to a bowl if they lose to the semis. That crappy team will probably end up 6-8.

It would so sweet if they win tomorrow though.
bradgator2
All-American Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Right now I'm watching ****-Kent State and N. Illinois. I'm having to pull for the Northern fighting-Ford Theatre's to stop ****-Kent State from pooping in the BCS punch bowl. **** brilliant I tell'ya!
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:17 pm

And N. Illinois has stormed back from down ten to take the lead, 17 - 10, middle of the second quarter. Go fightin' whatevertheyarecalled!
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:39 pm

[quote="Zambo"
I for one think this is an awesome way to conduct business. Only the university presidents, the smartest minds in our nation's 'educational'
system, could come up with such a system.[/quote]

Yeah "Zammy" it's erudition unto perdition.
:devil: :devil: :devil: When faculties completely lose their faculties !
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Zambo wrote:What an interesting spot they are in. 6-6 heading into the bowl game. Unless I am mistaken there are two possible outcomes.

1. They lose the game and end the season with a losing record and don't get to go to even a crappy bowl.

I for one think this is an awesome way to conduct business. Only the university presidents, the smartest minds in our nation's 'educational' system, could come up with such a system.

The same thing happened to Kansas State a couple years back when they lost the Big 12 Championship Game.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Deuce Coupe » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:24 am

It's all SCUM's fault!
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:11 am

Zambo wrote:What an interesting spot they are in. 6-6 heading into the bowl game. Unless I am mistaken there are two possible outcomes.

+1 This is the year, if ever, it's proven the BCS has run its' course. It would have been a perfect year for a playoff (would have been even worse if Ohio State wasn't on probation or Oregon and/or Kansas St didn't lose). Now with the expanded conferences we need to drop the BCS more than ever.

PS, how does one get a top job in the NCAA where basically all you do is meet once a year and have money loaded into your bank accounts?
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:09 pm

It's not as simple as a won and loss record but that's how the system works. The problem is the comparative analysis needed (the famed eyeball test) from the polls that equates the quality of a win or record.

All that aside, it's an embarrassment to have teams below .500 in conference championships and being a rep in a bowl games. This is the ACC we're talking about.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:52 pm

mtn2top wrote:It's not as simple as a won and loss record but that's how the system works. The problem is the comparative analysis needed (the famed eyeball test) from the polls that equates the quality of a win or record.

All that aside, it's an embarrassment to have teams below .500 in conference championships and being a rep in a bowl games. This is the ACC we're talking about.

Maybe they could use Jimbos eye, he loves the eye test.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum