Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Chomper, Go Gata, Sasquatch Gator, Yahoo [Bot] and 66 guests

VolNation: We're still glad we didn't hire Muschamp

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

VolNation: We're still glad we didn't hire Muschamp

Postby oxrageous » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Interesting thread from the Vol faithful on the Gators hiring of Muschamp and why he may have spurned them:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennesse ... -turn.html

Discuss.
oxrageous

Re: VolNation: We're still glad we didn't hire Muschamp

Postby NavetG8r » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Poor Vols. Year after year they get their hearts crushed by the Gators. Must be a tough row to hoe.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm glad they didn't hire him too. Haha, those idiots. They couldn't afford to pay him or that 1st year NFL $1mill OC either. Aren't they still paying Fulmer? I hope so, I liked fat Fulmer.
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Is Muschamp good? Looks that way. Don't forget that the coaching ranks is a small fraternity in the scheme of things and my guess is it was widely known how much of a shambles the Vol situation was at the time. Why would Muschamp come here and leave the Texas keys behind knowing the programs state of affairs.

Please remember Muschamp had life long and childhood ties to Gainesville. Things like this are strong pulls to leave a program like Texas. Is Muschamp good? Ask yourself how has Texas fared since his departure. Not good.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:50 pm

They've developed a huge inferiority complex in Knoxville. I can understand why. Hiring Mike Hamilton was a major mistake for UT that will take years (if ever) and millions to undo. He did more to set the VOLS back than any competing team or school. It's not even close. That's the hire that Volunteers should focus on to fully understand their situation.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby IDGAC » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:52 pm

This is a funny quote from that thread:

Yeah the money factor is huge---Hambone was shopping in the bargain bin at Wal Mart with 5 minutes before closing..."Look I found a Dooley Mom!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:52 pm

mtn2top wrote:They've developed a huge inferiority complex in Knoxville. I can understand why. Hiring Mike Hamilton was a major mistake for UT that will take years (if ever) and millions to undo. He did more to set the VOLS back than any competing team or school. It's not even close. That's the hire that Volunteers should focus on to fully understand their situation.

Shhhh, quit giving away secrets!
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm

On Florida's 11-1 season:

Straight up 100% pot of gold at the end of the rainbow waking up in a field of four leaf clovers luck. Plain and simple.
oxrageous

Postby LBSpikes » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm

mtn2top wrote:They've developed a huge inferiority complex in Knoxville.

No doubt our 4 NCs in football/basketball in the last 6 years helped that. They knew they were never great enough to compete at the highest level in football since they imploded in 2005, but then having such a great basketball team as they've had yet never getting further than UF or LSU in the last 6 years must kill their last bit of hope heading into the winter. :lol: :lol: :lol: Especially after losing Bruce Pearl.
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Do you remember how long it took for Foley to announce Muschamp? Wasn't it around a week - 10 days? Foley said he knew who he wanted and made 1 phone call to Muschamp.

UT's AD Hart knew he was firing Dooley weeks if not months ago. Dooley has been gone for 2 weeks now and they still don't have a coach. What kind of AD fires their head coach without knowing they have his replacement in hand?

The toothless wonders are just now figuring out Hart has to be down to about the 15th option on his list of candidates and no one wants to coach at their dump. With all of the job openings out there you know Hart wanted to secure a HC before they came open. Why else would he fire Dooley a week before the last game? Hart knew Auburn, Arky and UK would be firing their coaches at the end of the season and needed to get a head start.

Now, UK already has their guy and I bet Auburn and Arkansas will announce coaches before UT. They know they are about to get another low level experiment to revive their program that flatlined 8 years ago. It is funny to see them anguish over coaches they could've or should've had. :lol:
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm

vulcan_alex wrote:Is Muschamp good? Looks that way. Don't forget that the coaching ranks is a small fraternity in the scheme of things and my guess is it was widely known how much of a shambles the Vol situation was at the time. Why would Muschamp come here and leave the Texas keys behind knowing the programs state of affairs.

Champ had the keys to a top program in his hand already. Why would he take a step down to a second-rate dumpster fire program like tinerc?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:44 pm

This guy.... :rotfl:

I've said it before ... coaching gigs at places like Florida and Texas and USC are easy ... at least in relation to many other jobs. You can't stumble out your front door without tripping over a 5 star recruit. Plus, the sports media adores you from day#1. A coach has to really stink at his job or be under severe penalties from the NCAA to NOT win 8 or 9 games a year. That's why coaches who win at places like Florida don't have as much a claim on "greatness" as those that win elsewhere.

Muschamp took a job that he had a childhood connection to, but don't fool yourself into thinking that he wasn't scared of a job like Tennessee's situation a few years ago. He wanted an easier path and who could blame him? However, he isn't great. Never will be. A slightly above average guy can win big at Florida. No doubt the man has skills, but he was given the keys to a Rolls Royce that only needed a quick wash and a tune-up. A homeless derelict could win 7 or 8 games as HC at Florida.

Happy we didn't end up with him though. However, Dooley's fiasco makes me wonder sometimes ... nope, still glad we didn't get that idiotic, temper-tantrum throwing child of a coach. No matter how many games he wins, it's still Will Muschamp and I don't like the guy.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby LBSpikes » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:56 pm

FunnGun wrote:This guy.... :rotfl:

I've said it before ... coaching gigs at places like Florida and Texas and USC are easy ... at least in relation to many other jobs. You can't stumble out your front door without tripping over a 5 star recruit. Plus, the sports media adores you from day#1. A coach has to really stink at his job or be under severe penalties from the NCAA to NOT win 8 or 9 games a year. That's why coaches who win at places like Florida don't have as much a claim on "greatness" as those that win elsewhere.

Muschamp took a job that he had a childhood connection to, but don't fool yourself into thinking that he wasn't scared of a job like Tennessee's situation a few years ago. He wanted an easier path and who could blame him? However, he isn't great. Never will be. A slightly above average guy can win big at Florida. No doubt the man has skills, but he was given the keys to a Rolls Royce that only needed a quick wash and a tune-up. A homeless derelict could win 7 or 8 games as HC at Florida.

Happy we didn't end up with him though. However, Dooley's fiasco makes me wonder sometimes ... nope, still glad we didn't get that idiotic, temper-tantrum throwing child of a coach. No matter how many games he wins, it's still Will Muschamp and I don't like the guy.

:lol: That is rich! I love it! They have an entire state as well as part of Atlanta and we have to share FL with other big FL schools and the rest of the country. LSU and Tenn have great recruiting ranges bc they have no state competition.
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby GatorMeO&B » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:01 pm

FunnGun wrote:This guy.... :rotfl:

He's going to like Will Muschamp less and less each year as the Gators continue to kick their a$$.
GatorMeO&B
Freshman Gator

Postby snowrayster » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Vol nation as they draw the knife across their throats, " We are still
glad that we did not sharpen the knife!" :lmao:
Living at 5468 feet up!

"Revenge is a kind of wild justice."
Francis Bacon

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
Or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning
snowrayster
Bull Gator

Postby TheGr8138 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:14 pm

"Vol_Maul

Muschimp recommended Dooley to us. He should burn in the blazes of the same hell as Hitler for that one."

My personal favorite. UT getting trolled by Champ! I absolutely love it.
TheGr8138
Baby Gator

Postby OldGatorAlum » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:14 pm

some of those guys are dumber than FSU fans, which always makes for a really entertaining read

some people don't understand how much players like playing for a coach like Muschamp, and how they will give everything they have for a coach like him
OldGatorAlum
Freshman Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 pm

I didn't know that Zook was a homeless derelict.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatormandan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Well, you know what they say, "you just cant fix stupid". They should have kept fat Phil, they would at least won 7-8 games a year that way. I wonder who will finally decide to take that "hot seat". Petrino is the best fit. They just have to buy him a new motorcycle.....
gatormandan
True Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 pm

All those Chuckie avatars bespeak the continued befuddlement of the SECs homeless derelicts.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum