Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChattanooGATOR, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 25 guests

Georgia Tech to the Big 10?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Georgia Tech to the Big 10?

Postby DanvilleGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:30 pm

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2012/11/30/3710442/georgia-tech-approved-by-big-ten-conference-expansion

That would make 15 teams, possibly Boston College or UVA for the 16th. What does the SEC do in response if this goes down? Personally I would like UVA or Va Tech (from VA) and UNC.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1408
UNC fans want in too, I say we go after them and stop at 16. Plus I will be closer to the gators. :lol:
DanvilleGator
Redshirt Gator

Re: Georgia Tech to the Big 10?

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:43 pm

How about the SEC stays at 14 and not add teams that would water down the conference.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Bucksweep » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 pm

WobbleGator wrote:How about the SEC stays at 14 and not add teams that would water down the conference.

This, or trim the fat and lose 2.
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 pm

DanvilleGator wrote:http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2012/11/30/3710442/georgia-tech-approved-by-big-ten-conference-expansion

That would make 15 teams, possibly Boston College or UVA for the 16th. What does the SEC do in response if this goes down? Personally I would like UVA or Va Tech (from VA) and UNC.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1408
UNC fans want in too, I say we go after them and stop at 16. Plus I will be closer to the gators. :lol:

Wasn't there some talk back when we brought Mizzu and aTm in, that we'd probably eventually go to 16 total? Seems I remember reading that somewhere, but I'm getting old, so maybe I just imagined it.

I'd love to see UNC come to the SEC, since they're right down the road from me and I am surrounded by family that all went to UNC. None of them understand my loyalty to UF since I've been gone from Gainesville for 26 years. They just don't get it. Once a Gator, always a Gator!
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorMeO&B » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:52 pm

WobbleGator wrote:How about the SEC stays at 14 and not add teams that would water down the conference.

Va Tech would fit pretty well, actually.

Besides, since all of this realignment activity has less to do with quality of play and all to do with increasing geographic footprint and TV audience size, one of the Virginia schools makes sense as Virginia/DC is a huge TV market.

I'm not as sold on UVa, but they may be stronger in the Richmond/DC TV market by virtue of being geographically closer to it. I don't know this, however.

UNC also makes sense from the TV market perspective as it would help capture the Raleigh-Durham/Winston-Salem/Charlotte market space.

Of the ACC teams resident in a state not already represented in the SEC Va Tech and UNC make the most sense.

I don't think the SEC wants to leave the entire mid-Atlantic seaboard to the B1G. It's too valuable as TV audience.

If the league were going to increase I'd rather see an Oklahoma get in, but, I'm not considering the TV and financial issues, only fit and quality of program.

While I prefer 10 or 12 teams in a conference I don't think we'll ever see those days again.

If the SEC were to go back to 12 or 10, who would you drop?
GatorMeO&B
Freshman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Drop
Kentucky
Ole Miss
Kentucky brings nothing to the table year in year out.
Ole Miss is in the same boat, they would have nothing if it want for Eli betting us and his daddy playing there back in the day.

Mizzu doesn't get any better maybe they go and Kentucky just o we could keep the streak going another 25 years or so.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mr. Eko » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:12 pm

I would drop:

Tulane

Georgia Tech

Suwanee

Don't need ANY of them!

Add:

UNC

Va. Tech
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby gatorJ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Swamp82 wrote:Drop
Kentucky
Ole Miss
Ole Miss is in the same boat, they would have nothing if it want for Eli betting us and his daddy playing there back in the day.

Mizzu doesn't get any better maybe they go and Kentucky just o we could keep the streak going another 25 years or so.

You'd be crazy to drop Kentucky. Solely because of basketball. Bring in Clemson and UNC. Then be done.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby DaddyGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:51 pm

The ACC is now angling for the University of Phoenix and the Colorado School of Mines.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:09 pm

gatorJ wrote:
Kentucky
Ole Miss

You'd be crazy to drop Kentucky. Solely because of basketball. Bring in Clemson and UNC. Then be done.

Oops I was only thinking of Football., but the question was which two do you drop
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorMeO&B » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Kentucky
Ole Miss

Apparently a football only view.

Both Mizzou and Kentucky have outstanding basketball teams, Kentucky also plays excellent baseball. They both compete at high levels in other sports, male and female.

Ole Miss on the other hand, I could agree with that one. Don't know that they are competitive in anything. Vandy is probably the next least competitive at the moment. Used to have very good basketball and baseball but even those are down the last year or 2.
GatorMeO&B
Freshman Gator

Postby Swampsoup » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 pm

Virginia Tech and NC State
"They hate because we are great" " We are great because we are Gators!"
Swampsoup
Freshman Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Definitely UNC. Western part of North Carolina is Gator country already.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 pm

With all of this teams switching conferences, at the end of the day you are going to end up with a bunch of Conference USAs that nobody is going to give a hoot about watching.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:03 pm

The SEC should drop Tennessee. They embarrass the conference.
oxrageous

Postby FunnGun » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 pm

If the SEC wanted contraction they would need the military to enforce it. Most SEC states would rather secede from the union again before leaving the SEC.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gouryella » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 pm

UNC is the big prize. Either va school is fine. 16 is the way to go. Four super conferences each with two eight team divisions...each division winner plays in the con title game. Those four in a play-off. It is coming.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:13 am

oxrageous wrote:The SEC should drop Tennessee. They embarrass the conference.

Seconded.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:15 am

GatorMeO&B wrote:Apparently a football only view.

That's because football pays the bills. The other stuff doesn't matter at all, hence why Kansas was stuck wondering if they had ANYWHERE to go had Okie and Texass bolted to the PAC last year.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Mr. Eko » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:25 am

oxrageous wrote:The SEC should drop Tennessee. They embarrass the conference.

ACTUALLY, they really did. They lost to a Georgetown Basketball team that only scored 38 points. I'm NOT joking! Tenn. scored 36 or 37 points. It was called by ESPN the worst game of Basketball since 1988. This is a bad year to be a Vol.

Secvolfan13 you can just say your're Secfan13 for the next year. You can still root for Tennessee though. :basketball: :embarrassed:
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum