Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Gatorbythebay, Google [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung and 65 guests

OL recruits?????

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

OL recruits?????

Postby gatormark » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 am

What is our depth at OL ? I dont see many OL recruits, how can we be a power run team without depth?
gatormark
Senior Gator

Re: OL recruits?????

Postby heversle » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:51 am

JUCO OT Trenton Brown (6'8 350 lbs & STRONG Gator lean) is expected to commit soon. He's expected to get heavy playing time next year if not start.

Max Garcia transferred last year and was an All-American at Maryland. He came in as a LT, but should compete at Guard for a starting spot.

Tyler Moore is transferring from Nebraska and was also an All-American if I'm not mistaken. He should compete for a starting job for one of the Tackle positions.

We've got a few youngsters coming in like Cameron Dillard and Octavius Jackson that may redshirt, but they figure to be key contributors down the line.

Humphries and Dunker got a lot of PT this year as True Freshmen and should figure heavily into the rotation or start next year.

Chaz Green, Halapio, Harrison, Koehne, and Silberman will be a year better.

We're in the mix for a few more O-Lineman and may end up with 1 or 2 more by NSD.

We'll be fine heading into next year. ;)
heversle
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 am

^ That, and we only lose Nixon and maybe Wilson (I'm checking with the NCAA now to see if they are going to Wilson a 9th year of eligibility).

So bringing in 2 transfers, and at least 3-4 more recruits adds a lot more depth than we had this year.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby mrgator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:28 am

Agree with the above responses. I think we need to add depth for the OL but it's not dire because of Garcia and Moore both of whom will plug right in without missing a beat, IMO. We've got the entire right side returning and you've got Dunker, Humphries, Koehne and Silberman ready to step in. If you add in Brown as a JUCO kid ready to play right away then you've got pretty good depth. Obviously Muschamp would love to add a 5 star kid that can get playing time right away. I'm not worried about our depth this year but if we can't develop more kids in 2013 then we could be hurting in 2014 for depth.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 am

I read somewhere that Dunker is redshirting this year, is that true?
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby kwhunterufl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:37 am

We lose seniors Wilson, Robey (has he played this year? Redshirt candidate?), Nixon.

Returning (next years' status)
Silberman (RJR)
Humphries (SO)
Dunker (RFR)
Thurman (RSO)
Jordan (RSO)
Green (RJR)
Koehne (RSR)
Patchan (RSR)
Halapio (RSR)
Harrison (RSR)

Incoming
Garcia (JR?) All-ACC transfer from Maryland
Moore (SO?) transfer from Nebraska
Jackson (FR) commit
Dillard (FR) commit
Brown (JR?) JUCO transfer- not committed but likely

All in all I count 15 linemen, with a great balance of young talent and experience. I see a huge step up here from the O-line of this season. Receiver talent is certainly more of a concern going into next season.
--------------------------------------------------------
The only 'fall colors' I need are orange and blue!
kwhunterufl
Senior Gator

Postby kwhunterufl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 am

Homer J wrote:I read somewhere that Dunker is redshirting this year, is that true?

Yes.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/college-football/florida-wont-take-redshirt-off-ol-jessamen-dunker-/nS5zm/
--------------------------------------------------------
The only 'fall colors' I need are orange and blue!
kwhunterufl
Senior Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 am

DL is playing offense and defense next year.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jpgator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 am

Our stable of running backs starting next season - Brown, Jones, Taylor and Lane - is going to help make our OL look even better. Maybe we'll even have a passing game too. I think Muschamp is trying - and succeeding - to build a power offense ala Bama when it had Ingram, Richardson and Julio Jones. With Driskel's running ability, we may even have a more potent O. With our shutdown D, the plan is bearing delicious fruit.
jpgator
Freshman Gator

Postby Homer J » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 pm

jpgator wrote:Our stable of running backs starting next season - Brown, Jones, Taylor and Lane - is going to help make our OL look even better. Maybe we'll even have a passing game too. I think Muschamp is trying - and succeeding - to build a power offense ala Bama when it had Ingram, Richardson and Julio Jones. With Driskel's running ability, we may even have a more potent O. With our shutdown D, the plan is bearing delicious fruit.

Because Bama has shown that once the power running game is in place and working, you can get any decent QB to manage the offense. You don't need a 5* QB every year, like USCw.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatormandan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Our o-line struggled thru this season and dealt with injury's and had a tough time blocking many of the teams we played. But I saw improvement and with the added talent coming in, we will have a battle tested line and a strong stable of RBs. I think we will go to Atlanta next year and possibly play for it all. I hope we can fix the down field passing game. We need it.
gatormandan
True Gator

Postby IDGAC » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Y DON U CHECK THE ROSTER 2 SEE R OL DEPTH DUMMY

Y DON U CHECK THE RECURITNG FORUM
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorKen » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 pm

kwhunterufl wrote:We lose seniors Wilson, Robey (has he played this year? Redshirt candidate?), Nixon.

Silberman (RJR)
Humphries (SO)
Dunker (RFR)
Thurman (RSO)
Jordan (RSO)
Green (RJR)
Koehne (RSR)
Patchan (RSR)
Halapio (RSR)
Harrison (RSR)

Incoming
Jackson (FR) commit
Dillard (FR) commit

All in all I count 15 linemen, with a great balance of young talent and experience. I see a huge step up here from the O-line of this season. Receiver talent is certainly more of a concern going into next season.

I wouldn't put much on Patchen next year. Kid is never healthy.

But other than that, looks like we have a nice stable and if we can get another commit then great. If not we'll be fine. This will give us a stronger OL and hopefully increased pass protection. Combine that with Driskel getting his head straight then we should be fine. the WRs are getting better. Plus we have Pittman who hasn't played much and a few kids coming in. should be fine.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:52 pm

IDGAC wrote:Y DON U CHECK THE ROSTER 2 SEE R OL DEPTH DUMMY

:eek:
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:16 pm

kwhunterufl wrote:We lose seniors Wilson, Robey (has he played this year? Redshirt candidate?), Nixon.

Silberman (RJR)
Humphries (SO)
Dunker (RFR)
Thurman (RSO)
Jordan (RSO)
Green (RJR)
Koehne (RSR)
Patchan (RSR)
Halapio (RSR)
Harrison (RSR)

Incoming
Jackson (FR) commit
Dillard (FR) commit

Thanks for the leg work and easy display! Very nice!!
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby RichardN » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:58 pm

IDGAC wrote:Y DON U CHECK THE ROSTER 2 SEE R OL DEPTH DUMMY

WTF? :eek:
RichardN
Heisman Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:01 pm

RichardN wrote: