Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, soflagator and 49 guests

Prediction: We win it all in BB this year and...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Prediction: We win it all in BB this year and...

Postby jmskjrgator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:02 pm

win it all in football next year.

Question: Will this year's BB team have more wins before
it's first loss or will next years FB team win more before
it's first loss?
jmskjrgator
All-American Gator

Re: Prediction: We win it all in BB this year and...

Postby Gatorbythebay » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Well next year's fb team won't have a loss so...
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby 8802gator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:08 pm

I don't know much about the other teams in bball, but this team can be special if Young brings it like he has tonight on a consistent basis. As for football I am quietly confident going into next year. Hopefully Elam and Easley stick around. We will need to find replacements for Hunter and Floyd in the middle.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator-DNA » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 pm

We're gonna win an odd year NC in football?
I'll take it.
Gator-DNA
Senior Gator

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:12 am

BB looks awesome so far. Total domination over Wisconsin and Marquette. They are very deep and better than last year for sure IMO. Scottie is MUCH better than Walker, his defense is outstanding and he can actually take it to the hole. Prather and Rosario can take it to the hoop hard as well, something that has been missing in recent years.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby Jbossgator9 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:15 am

Its very early in the season but thus far there does not appear to b a dominant team in college basketball. If we can stay healthy, we can do some damage. UK looks super young right now so I think we can win the SEC. So far we have played some different teams with different styles of play and we have won different ways and have destroyed some really good teams. Our team plays great defense and seems to feed off of that so the sky is the limit if we can stay healthy and keep hitting those 3s. Go Gators!!
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Postby Quasimodo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:19 am

Duke and UF look to be the two best teams right now. If we maintain this level of defense we probably should win it all.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Quasimodo
Head Ball Coach

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:26 am

Quasimodo wrote:Duke and UF look to be the two best teams right now. If we maintain this level of defense we probably should win it all.

It's a long season. If we avoid the injury bug I like our chances.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:04 am

I Have No Friends :( wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:Duke and UF look to be the two best teams right now. If we maintain this level of defense we probably should win it all.

It's a long season. If we avoid the injury bug I like our chances.

It's hard not to be impressed with the win we had tonight. We'll learn more in the next couple of games, especially Zona.

As the Big East / SEC Match up is showing, there's a big gap in the level of talent in the SEC this year. Our team is heads above the pack in talent , experience with a deep bench. Lots of basketball to play but one of the best looking Gator teams we've had at the start of a season.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:21 am

I'd like to get back to winning the SEC Tourney first, then we'll go from there. A lot also depends on injuries and the draw in the big dance, but I like our chances at a Final 4 run at the very least.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby jagator0 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:05 am

I know this is going to sound blasphemous, but I think this team is the best we've ever had talent-wise. I take this team over the two NC teams. We have everything those teams had plus a deeper bench.

Break it down, who's better? Horford or Young? Push. Noah or Yeguette? Yeguette is rapidly gaining. Brewer or Prather? That may be closer than you think by the time the year is over. Green or Boynton? Close, but I think Kenny. Rosario or Humphrey? Rosario if he starts hitting a jumper once on a while. He can definitely take it to the hoop. Richard/Hodge/Werner or Frazier/Wilbekin/Murphy/. Not even close, I take this year's.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby heversle » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 am

I assumed next year was going to be our year in Basketball with those two Freshmen phenoms coming in, but this could be the year for Billy's boys. I hope we can maintain this level of play all season. And I'd really like to avenge our loss to Louisville in the Elite Eight. I hope everything falls into place for that scenario to occur.
heversle
Head Ball Coach

Postby cuuf » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:00 am

jagator0 wrote:I know this is going to sound blasphemous, but I think this team is the best we've ever had talent-wise. I take this team over the two NC teams. We have everything those teams had plus a deeper bench.

Break it down, who's better? Horford or Young? Push. Noah or Yeguette? Yeguette is rapidly gaining. Brewer or Prather? That may be closer than you think by the time the year is over. Green or Boynton? Close, but I think Kenny. Rosario or Humphrey? Rosario if he starts hitting a jumper once on a while. He can definitely take it to the hoop. Richard/Hodge/Werner or Frazier/Wilbekin/Murphy/. Not even close, I take this year's.

Put the hash pipe down. We aren't even 10 games into the season and you want to compare this team to a team that won back to back titles?! These guys haven't proven anything. Titles are won in march and April so lets at least wait until then before we make these types of comparisons.
Who cares anymore
cuuf
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:21 am

Without a jinx, I've already got us on a 30/1 to win it all. Would be nice to fix my Florida to WIN the NC in football.

I believe we have a great shot.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby gatorpe » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:51 am

jagator0 wrote:I know this is going to sound blasphemous, but I think this team is the best we've ever had talent-wise. I take this team over the two NC teams. We have everything those teams had plus a deeper bench.

Horford or Young. Horford hands down, better offensive game and his maturity was always present. Noah or Yeggy? Noah by a mile. Noah was the leader, shot blocker, passer, could handle the ball and the wild card. No one comes close to Lee's shooting ability and his defense was fine. Green? The perfect PG. Never showed emotion and always knew when he needed to take a shot. That team played with very little bench and had to pace themselves. Just remember this, The whole is more than the sum of its parts. Chemistry chemistry chemistry.
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Postby WhoGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 am

:lmao:

You call it blasphemous??? I got a few other words beginning with clueless.
I was feeling pretty good about our win and our team until you pointed out how far we are from a true NC squad. Fortunately we are only six games into the season and these guys have a tremendous upside.

:chomp:
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby FSOGATOR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:07 am

Lot of faith in Billy D. Let's let him do his magic.
FSOGATOR
True Gator

Postby BostonGator84 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 am

FSOGATOR wrote:Lot of faith in Billy D. Let's let him do his magic.

What?!? Billy D's going back to Orlando? :dontgo:
BostonGator84
True Gator

Postby mrgator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 am

BostonGator84 wrote:
FSOGATOR wrote:Lot of faith in Billy D. Let's let him do his magic.

What?!? Billy D's going back to Orlando? :dontgo:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby mrgator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:38 am

I agree with cuuf and gatorpe on this one. You need to put the remote control down and slowly back away from the Marquette/UF game. Horford would take Young right now because of his ability to shoot mid-range jumpers, pass out of double teams and his ability to run the floor consistently. Noah v Yugio? Not even close! I love both guys but Noah was unstoppable in college. Humphries could out shoot Rosario from the arc anytime of the day and played better defense than Rosario (although Mike is improving). I think Green vs. Boyton/Wilbekin? I'll take this years players over Green because of size but Green was clutch from three point range when we needed him to be. And I'll take Brewer over Prather for $1000 Alex! Prather may get to Brewer's level...maybe. I'll wait to see how he develops first. Murphy is the X factor because he doesn't directly compare to anyone from the 04's with his ability. Not as strong down low like Noah or Horford but can hit the 3.

The bench is a push right now between Frazier/Richards et al.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum