Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gator Fever, gatordad3, Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Naples Gator, Sasquatch Gator, WobbleGator, Yahoo [Bot] and 88 guests

If We Get Big East Champ In Sugar

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

If We Get Big East Champ In Sugar

Postby gatorhar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Do we want Rutgers or Louisville?
gatorhar
Heisman Gator

Re: If We Get Big East Champ In Sugar

Postby diehardg8r » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Jesus, certainly we can do better?
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Louisville but it looks like if Kent State beats NI we are going to be stuck playing Rutgers who lost to Kent State who was blown out by Kentucky - unbelievable that 2 BCS games will get ruined if Kent State wins.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby 8802gator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Anybody who gets blown outby Kentucky in football should immediately have their FBS status go into a probation period where they can't screw up or it goes away forever, much less get a BCS bowl.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 pm

8802gator wrote:Anybody who gets blown outby Kentucky in football should immediately have their FBS status go into a probation period where they can't screw up or it goes away forever, much less get a BCS bowl.

It's understandable , Kent State was looking ahead to Buffalo.
I do not recall such horrid mismatches in major bowl games.
Why should a #4 play a team out of the top 15, out of the top 25.
It's a fail at filling the stadium and a fail at TV ratings. ?? :madevil:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Crap, this can't be, what happened to Ok?
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorMoJo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 pm

I read in a few places it could be Oklahoma, TCU or Clemson as well. Any of those three would be better then Louisville or Rutgers.
@flgatormojo on twitter
GatorMoJo
Senior Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 pm

GatorMoJo wrote:I read in a few places it could be Oklahoma, TCU or Clemson as well. Any of those three would be better then Louisville or Rutgers.

I think OK would be the best game but. Would like to beat the crap out of a ACC team, I mean there like potato chips you can't just beat (eat) one.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatordad » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:43 pm

I want Charlie on our sideline...not the other one.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorMoJo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Swamp82 wrote:
GatorMoJo wrote:I read in a few places it could be Oklahoma, TCU or Clemson as well. Any of those three would be better then Louisville or Rutgers.

I think OK would be the best game but. Would like to beat the crap out of a ACC team, I mean there like potato chips you can't just beat (eat) one.

Outside of the NC I would want to play Oregon or KState
@flgatormojo on twitter
GatorMoJo
Senior Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Well luckily we get Louisville over Rutgers if Kent State does win and UCLA doesnt beat Stanford. If Kent State loses then we will get Oklahoma unless they lose or K State loses then we might get Clemson I heard.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby AlwaysWrite » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:32 am

Oooh, ooh, Clemson would be just the thing to get our offense going. Those ACC teams really are a great pick-me-up snack.
==========
The commercial told me to "Go write the great American novel," so I did.
Thought-provoking sci-fi novels, just $2.99:
www.davidderrico.com
AlwaysWrite
Freshman Gator

Postby RamsteinGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:34 am

It will be a great exhibition game.
RamsteinGator
True Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:39 am

gatorhar wrote:Do we want Rutgers or Louisville?

Well... Louisville won (as did I) but I think they're Orange Bowl bound to face the ACC Champ (Yellowjackets).
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby WhoGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:10 am

Gator Fever wrote:Louisville but it looks like if Kent State beats NI we are going to be stuck playing Rutgers who lost to Kent State who was blown out by Kentucky - unbelievable that 2 BCS games will get ruined if Kent State wins.

Makes no sense, but it is the BCS.

Figure out this stupid logic... We get an at-large Oklahoma or Clemson in the Sugar. But if a conference sucks, in this case the Big East, then not only do they still get an automatic BCS bid for their unranked champion, but a non-AQ team also gets an automatic BCS bid if in the Top 16 (possibly Kent St).

So the way they fix the problem of having one bad team automatically in the BCS pool is by forcing two bad teams to get in, eliminating one of the three at-large berths. It's pretty guaranteeed that it won't be us or Oregon losing their at-large bid, so it comes down to our opponent (OK) losing their at-large. Fortunately this year the Sugar picks before the Orange, so they will take Louisville for us instead of Kent State... so we get the better of the two non-deserving automatics and FSU/Ga Tech winner gets the leftovers in the Orange.

Stupid ---

:chomp:
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby TommyGator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:43 am

playoff!
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby FSOGATOR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:03 am

Going to be some very poor match-ups in BCS games this year. But I know how to make them better. I know six SEC teams that would be real ratings boosters if all six were in a BCS bowl game. I mean, how many other teams out there are more deserving than our six? And I would bet good money we would win every one of them. I guess we hve to tolerate ND in the big game, but I will be pleased to watch Bama or GA kick their butt. And would love to see the other SEC teams spread liberally around the rest of the BCS bowls against the best of all those other also ran conferences. Go Gators!
FSOGATOR
True Gator

Postby BoomTown » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:12 am

The ACC, Congress, and the spineless BCS directors are to blame for this mess. When the ACC gutted the Big Easy, the BCS should have done the smart thing and demoted the BE to a non-AQ status. They are no better than any of the other non-AQ conference and as this year has proven they are worse than some.

The (Boise State) rule was established under the threat of Congessional Anti-trust inquiries so that truly exceptional non-AQ schools had a shot at a BCS game instead of automatically being shut-out no matter what. It wasn't created so that every ugly little sister was guaranteed a date. If the Little Easy were recognized for what it actually is then both crap schools would go to their respective gardenr tool bowls and the BCS would actually be a pretty decent set of games (this year).

See what happens when government tries to equalize the market and make it "fair"?...redistribution of wealth works even worse than the BCS, but I digress...
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:39 am

I could care less who we play. We're not playing for the National Championship, the most important thing is the amount of extra practice that we get for next year. Next year is our year.

Start emailing your Cali friends because you're going to need a place to stay in January 2014.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 am

If we get Louisville, I see us picking off Teddy Bridgewater more than we did EJ. He floats everything he throws down field. He is lucky he plays in the Big East, where it looks like all the defenders are running in sand.
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum