Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot], soflagator and 47 guests

O. Hines & Mike Gillislee

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

O. Hines & Mike Gillislee

Postby Homer J » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:07 pm

After watching the replay of the half ass U game again last night, I noticed Gills and Hines talking on the sidelines after Mike's 37 yard TD run. They have Hines listed as 6'2" and Mike at 5'11" but they are the same height.

Why would the media guide have him at that height? I can understand if it were a QB, but not a RB. Also in the game when Trickett came in, the announcer had him listed at 6'3" and 180 lbs. He's no closer to 6'3" than I am 6'.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Re: O. Hines & Mike Gillislee

Postby FunnGun » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Is this another humble brag thread? Because I would think most wouldn't brag about being short. :lol:

But to answer the question, I think, that's the special Florida matrix grading system. It's a trade secret as too what stirs the machine but you can't argue with the results. We've had D lineman that ran 4.3's and all of our athletes ran a 4.2 or better at one time or another. I know this too be true because we have walls and plaques dedicated to these feats all over the locker room, weight room and offices. Well, there used to be. They're being replaced by feats of super strength now. I'm sure by the time he leaves Adam Lane will have set the world record in the leg press and bench. In fact I'm predicting we set multiple weight lifting world records just like every other school does. What we will never know is was it natural, or was it Adderall?
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Hines is great, do not muddy up his name :angry:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ChattanooGATOR » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Happy Birthday
signed: Clownchant

There may be a little difference in their heights, though probably not 3 inches. I think we should petition the NCAA for another year for both, just so we can be sure.
ChattanooGATOR
All-American Gator

Postby GatorInKnox » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:11 pm

ChattanooGATOR wrote:Happy Birthday
signed: Clownchant

There may be a little difference in their heights, though probably not 3 inches. I think we should petition the NCAA for another year for both, just so we can be sure.

The age-old height verification redshirt
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RByte » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Gilly was in heels. :eek:
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorWitt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I thought when i saw the thread title you were going to ask if either of these gentlemen have a chance to get drafted.
I think Hines will impress everyone at the Gator Pro-day and be taken in the 4th or 5th round.
Not sure about Gilly. What do ya'll think?
GatorWitt
Redshirt Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm not as high on Hines as a pro. I think he is just what you can't be; average size, average speed, and no shiftiness. Gilly has running instincts, wiggle, and acceptable speed and size, so I could see him go in the later rounds.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Both will get a chance with some team, and then their performance will determine if they stick. Especially if they are willing to work hard on special teams.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Yeah I remember when people were talking about Hines as a possible receiver or Tight End for us. His body type is not even close to either of those. Hines has to be 5'11 or 6'0 at the tallest.

Clint Trickett on the other hand is no taller than 5'10 and 160 pounds. No way no how.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby mrgator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Slevin wrote:Yeah I remember when people were talking about Hines as a possible receiver or Tight End for us. His body type is not even close to either of those. Hines has to be 5'11 or 6'0 at the tallest.

Clint Trickett on the other hand is no taller than 5'10 and 160 pounds. No way no how.

Dang. The more I think about FSU's current situation the more I get a smile on my face. This was their best chance in a while and now they are going to lose the starting QB to Tricket who might just blow over with any winds gusting over 5 mph. They lose a core chunk of their defense and their defensive coordinator and they are about to get smoked in recruiting to UF. Ouch. By the way...the refs sucked in the game...hijacking the thread yet again. Even worse there is already a referee thread. :eek: :embarrassed:

no flag for this helmet to helmet?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me7pubP53H1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby athensgator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:29 pm

The thing about Hines is he just won't go down. The FSU game was a good example. He only got tackled twice out of the probably seven touches he got. The other times it took 2 or 3 guys to shove him out of bounds. Same thing with the fake punt against Tennessee 2 years back
athensgator
Baby Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:03 pm

athensgator wrote:The thing about Hines is he just won't go down. The FSU game was a good example. He only got tackled twice out of the probably seven touches he got. The other times it took 2 or 3 guys to shove him out of bounds. Same thing with the fake punt against Tennessee 2 years back

He has good hands as well...that will benefit him.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby lagator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Gilly is a solid back who should make an impact in the NFL. Maybe not an every down kind of guy, but too good to ride the bench and would make a nice shifty back to pair with a bruiser. He almost never takes a loss even when hit behind the LOS, and has managed to stay healthy and hasn't been run into the ground during his college career. He could end up as a late second rounder depending on his pro day and combine.

Hines has the skill and athleticism to play in the NFL but probably too inexperienced as a RB to get much attention. I think his best bet is as a late pick or picked up as a free agent as a slot receiver. It's not his fault that he spent most of his career without a QB who could get him the ball. He has very good hands, seems like he runs decent routes, and is dangerous for RAC yards. He will need to protect the ball better at the next level. He could end up being a steal for someone paying attention (NE?).
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:29 pm

IMHO both Gillislee & Hines will be in the NFL. They will be well
rated when put through specific Pro challenges.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NavetG8r » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:34 pm

lagator wrote:Gilly is a solid back who should make an impact in the NFL. Maybe not an every down kind of guy, but too good to ride the bench and would make a nice shifty back to pair with a bruiser. He almost never takes a loss even when hit behind the LOS, and has managed to stay healthy and hasn't been run into the ground during his college career. He could end up as a late second rounder depending on his pro day and combine.

Hines has the skill and athleticism to play in the NFL but probably too inexperienced as a RB to get much attention. I think his best bet is as a late pick or picked up as a free agent as a slot receiver. It's not his fault that he spent most of his career without a QB who could get him the ball. He has very good hands, seems like he runs decent routes, and is dangerous for RAC yards. He will need to protect the ball better at the next level. He could end up being a steal for someone paying attention (NE?).

That's Hine's biggest downfall in the NFL. He doesn't protect the football well once he has it. Has all kind of skills, but in the NFL, you have to protect the ball. Then again, Rainey got picked up, and he totes the rock like it's radioactive.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:07 pm

NavetG8r wrote:
lagator wrote:Gilly is a solid back who should make an impact in the NFL. Maybe not an every down kind of guy, but too good to ride the bench and would make a nice shifty back to pair with a bruiser. He almost never takes a loss even when hit behind the LOS, and has managed to stay healthy and hasn't been run into the ground during his college career. He could end up as a late second rounder depending on his pro day and combine.

That's Hine's biggest downfall in the NFL. He doesn't protect the football well once he has it. Has all kind of skills, but in the NFL, you have to protect the ball. Then again, Rainey got picked up, and he totes the rock like it's radioactive.

How many fumbles did he have at Florida? I can't remember any.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum