Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -THE DUDE-, bradgator2, CivilGator, Class of '78, Clawhammergator, gatormoe1, gatorpe, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, WobbleGator and 51 guests

Yahoo article on Coach Boom

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Yahoo article on Coach Boom

Postby bradgator2 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:30 am

bradgator2
All-American Gator

Re: Yahoo article on Coach Boom

Postby -THE DUDE- » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:42 am

Awesome :cool:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gulfstream » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 am

Great read ! Thanks for posting Brad ! :D
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
Gulfstream
All-American Gator

Postby mtn2top » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:54 am

It's hard to not like the basic and fundamental approach that Coach Boom brings to his job at Florida.

It's ironic how the FSU victory changed many people's perception of the quality of our coach or the 'toughness' of the Gator team. The LSU, USCe and Georgia games were much more physical and closely contested.

The task at UF remains to get the offense up to the same level of dominance as our defense. The essential team foundation appears to be in place to make continued improvements.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorbythebay » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:58 am

"I'm the recruiting coordinator here," he says. "You're not a good guy, you go somewhere else. We'll play you. We'll beat you."

Love it. Thanks for sharing.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorhunter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 am

Great article. I love where UF football is right now and where it's headed.
gatorhunter
Freshman Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:12 am

The Tale of Two Coaches: by one of the unsung defensive heroes on this team.

"Toward the end of Coach Meyer's time here, a lot of guys were out for themselves – not buying into the team concept," explains defensive lineman Omar Hunter. "He was out for himself, so they thought the same thing".

Muschamp called a meeting and informed the Gators that there would only be program guys here from now on.

"I loved it," says Hunter. "He's hard-nosed, not going to let anything slide. Not tell you any lies."
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby divits888 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 am

ncargat1 wrote:The Tale of Two Coaches: by one of the unsung defensive heroes on this team.

"Toward the end of Coach Meyer's time here, a lot of guys were out for themselves – not buying into the team concept," explains defensive lineman Omar Hunter. "He was out for himself, so they thought the same thing".

Muschamp called a meeting and informed the Gators that there would only be program guys here from now on.

"I loved it," says Hunter. "He's hard-nosed, not going to let anything slide. Not tell you any lies."

Yeah, those quotes caught my attention too. Seeing those and having the coach we have now has significantly softened my “jilt-a-tude”. Meyer obviously let things get away from him at Florida. We now have the right guy and Meyer seems much more at home with the doughy and pasty people of Ohio.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:27 am

divits888 wrote:
ncargat1 wrote:The Tale of Two Coaches: by one of the unsung defensive heroes on this team.

Yeah, those quotes caught my attention too. Seeing those and having the coach we have now has significantly softened my “jilt-a-tude”. Meyer obviously let things get away from him at Florida. We now have the right guy and Meyer seems much more at home with the doughy and pasty people of Ohio.

The fat white people? ;)
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorhunter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am

This article makes me wonder. Suppose Meyer had not re-retired, where would Gator Football be right now? Would we be replicating 2010 over and over again with no end in sight or would he have regained control? Luckily we don't have to worry about that.
gatorhunter
Freshman Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 am

I'm glad that he thinks we deserve a shot at the title and this should help the team to have a 'chip on their shoulder with something to prove' going into next season.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 am

BOOM
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby G8RByte » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 am

WobbleGator wrote:BOOM

+1
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby deepfriedboy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:56 am

So, Urban likes to hang out with this guy?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deepfriedboy
Freshman Gator

Postby tillsb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 am

"I'll turn my back on a five-star guy if he isn't a good guy," Muschamp says. "I have zero reservations about that. ZERO reservations."

Love the attitude
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby wfoster314 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 am

What an incredible compliment he paid Gillislee. Very cool article. Very cool coach. Our future looks bright!!!!!
To Be...
wfoster314
Senior Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 am

Read the article before seeing it here - you beat me to posting it. It is an outstanding article on how Coach Boom has transformed this team. I believe that the success we've seen this year is only the beginning under him. We're going to see the Gators contend for, and win titles, far into the future.

Two takeaways from it:
  1. Foley was absolutely correct in making Muschamp his only choice, and
  2. This team under Meyer, starting with his 1st "retirement" and on into 2010, was probably more "broken" than anyone on the outside even knew. While we are certainly better off now, no one could even guess just how damaging that 2010 season, under what can now be classified as a "broken" (and lame duck) coach, was. It took Coach Boom an entire season of aggravation to rid the team of the prima donnas (and corresponding attitudes among those who stayed) that Urban tolerated - 2010 was almost like the inmates running the asylum
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 am

wfoster314 wrote:What an incredible compliment he paid Gillislee. Very cool article. Very cool coach. Our future is bright!!!!!

FIFY
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby WestSideGata » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 am

The dude is awesome. Good for Gilly, let all the other me-first guys go elsewhere so Champo's boys can blast'em. You don't want none of these Gators.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby gatordad » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:59 am

Nothing but good to say about UM and nothing but high praise to say about Boom. UM had never felt that kind of pressure before and dealt with it badly. He learned, with the help of his kids, and now he is once again an excellent coach and a formidable competitor.

I always like Gilly...even through the dark days. Now we need a non-primadonna WR to complement JD/JB.

Still think the best hire Boom made is Dillman and this article reinforces it. BTW, what was the deal with the Weiss hire? Go figure!
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum