Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator and 55 guests

Strong to Auburn?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Strong to Auburn?

Postby NitroGator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 am

I am not going to post on every interview that Allbarn does, but I (and a lot of you, as well) don't want this to happen. I really like Charlie Strong......

If I were a candidate, I would stay the heck away from Allbarn due to the power structure there.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index. ... er_default

NitroGator
Redshirt Gator

Re: I hope this doesn't happen

Postby susietigger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:24 am

I think he would be better off going to Arkansas or Tennessee. Auburn is always going to have little brother syndrome and they let their boosters run it all. They need to get Petrino in there... that way they can have a sleezy coach to go with their sleezy antics. :lol:
susietigger
Baby Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:27 am

Charlie is a nice guy and a good coach. I can not see him being a big enough "splash" for Auburn to out recruit Satan. They would be a solid 8-4 every year and he would get run out of town in 2-3 season.

Auburn could really use a guy like a Gary Patterson who knows how to recruit the second tier players and develop them into first tier guys. Only now is he starting to win some recruiting wars with Texas and Oklahoma for kids. I hope that he stays away from Auburn too.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby mtn2top » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:43 am

I agree that Charlie would not survive very long in the hellish furnace of Auburn football. It is not a good situation for anything but the most self-serving of coaches such as Petrino. They can ply their name and past success to get the breathing room they need to make a go of turning the situation around.

There's a bigger trend that's in play with many of the traditional powerhouse programs. You can't afford to make a mistake in hiring and losing momentum with the program. Two or more bad hires in a row can be catastrophic for the program. Auburn is not going to take a lot of risk in the next HBC hire.

Despite the recent MNC at Auburn the football program is a train wreck that will require a couple of years (at best) to rebuild on a truly competitive level. Meantime the competitive and recruiting gap widens with other SEC schools such as LSU, Alabama, Florida and Georgia that throw incredible financial resources into maintaining their dominance.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:54 am

I agree. Of all the jobs open Auburn is the last place Strong should go. With all the junk Bobby Lowder pulls over there Charlie should stay away.

He had so much trouble even getting a fair interview because of his interracial marriage I think he should stay with the program that looked past all of that and actually gave him the shot. Louisville is moving to the ACC and he'll get a chance to play team better teams and be in a higher profile conference than the big East. I would hate to see him go somewhere that isn't going to give him a fair shake and he ends up out of coaching in a few years because Bobby Lowder pulls some of his crap.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby divits888 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 am

Auburn has fired 3 coaches within a few years of them going undefeated. 3! That program is schizophrenic.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby NCG8r » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:15 am

I'll go ahead and say it. There will never be a black head coach at Auburn (or Alabama) in my lifetime. Strong is on Auburn's list because he is the best black head coach prospect out there, and it provides the appearance of unbiased hiring by Auburn. IMHO.
NCG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am

NCG8r wrote:I'll go ahead and say it. There will never be a black head coach at Auburn (or Alabama) in my lifetime. Strong is on Auburn's list because he is the best black head coach prospect out there, and it provides the appearance of unbiased hiring by Auburn. IMHO.

Well, in 09' it was reported and speculated that one of the reasons Auburn didn't hire (or consider more seriously) Turner Gill is because his wife is white. You can google it.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Here goes again (can't stop myself .... my prime-uncordial-ooze.) ::

1) "GatorTAG" is right. Charlie Strong must pick a U of very
pleasant tolerance.Charlie's interracial marriage can add dignity
recruits can respect & trust. ( I know I'd trust Charlie with my wife ..
.. she's black.) {see dangit, there it is. That amok imp brain module
popped that forth on autopilot instantly after uttering that sincere,
decent trust statement. I'd 'of' said that in a social group with
Charlie and his wife present. I never joked anyone behind their
back.}
I was 'gonna' say, thru all Auburn's crap, Charlie would stand firm
like an oak, but Auburn can't even keep it's trees alive.

2) "tiggergator", in today's modernity sleaze wins out. If Auburn gets
Patrino, he'll hire some Kardashians & Cam's Dad as team chaplain &
CPA. Their program will be top-ranked financially. (until discovered
that Reverend Newton has been paying off recruits with counterfeit,
giving the real to his Lord.)

3) "ncagat1" : Why don't they hire the guy you quote: Coach Paine ?
Bet he could take a rag-tag group to big wins.He'd lead, not follow
& tell slackers to get lost.

4)"mtn2top" not true that Auburn is a train-wreck, they're a very
untrained wreck. Chief Engineer Chizik was "let go" by Amtrak; he
completely lost his train going downhill one time.

Ignore me, Lord knows, I'm a glower of Babel. :rolleyes:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Reports: Auburn has talked with Strong

Postby RamsteinGator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:17 pm

RamsteinGator
True Gator

Re: Strong to Auburn?

Postby RamsteinGator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Dang it. I looked for another thread and didn't see one.
RamsteinGator
True Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:24 pm

RamsteinGator wrote:Dang it. I looked for another thread and didn't see one.

Not your fault. It was titled "I hope this doesn't happen". :rolleyes: I changed it.

Guys, do the mods a favor: In the subject line, say what the freaking thread is about. That way people don't make as many duplicate threads and they can decide whether or not they want to open it.
oxrageous

Postby G8RByte » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 pm

oxrageous wrote:

Not your fault. It was titled "I hope this doesn't happen". :rolleyes: I changed it.

Guys, do the mods a favor: In the subject line, say what the freaking thread is about. That way people don't make as many duplicate threads and they can decide whether or not they want to open it.

Much better Ox, thanks.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby gatormandan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Strong wont ever be the coach at Auburn.
gatormandan
True Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:16 pm

I sure hope for his sake he does not go to the 'Barn. He would never survive that Viper Pit. As for Tennessee, this keeps getting more comical by the day. They are still fixated on Gruden and many have not, nor will ever by thier account have Strong at UT.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:32 pm

ncargat1 wrote:Charlie is a nice guy and a good coach. I can not see him being a big enough "splash" for Auburn to out recruit Satan. They would be a solid 8-4 every year and he would get run out of town in 2-3 season.

Auburn could really use a guy like a Gary Patterson who knows how to recruit the second tier players and develop them into first tier guys. Only now is he starting to win some recruiting wars with Texas and Oklahoma for kids. I hope that he stays away from Auburn too.

Saban just turned 61 and won't be at Alabama forever. Who knows how well their next coach will do?
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:50 pm

ncargat1 wrote:Charlie is a nice guy and a good coach. I can not see him being a big enough "splash" for Auburn to out recruit Satan. They would be a solid 8-4 every year and he would get run out of town in 2-3 season.

Racist.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby heavychevy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:50 pm

oxrageous wrote:

no flare for the dramatic eh? I mean, half the threads I read get off topic by the bottom of the first page anyway, so what does a title really mean?
heavychevy
True Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:53 pm

I don't care if the title is sensationalized (I'm famous for that), but it still needs to contain the topic. Otherwise people start duplicate topics that have to be merged.
oxrageous

Postby heavychevy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:02 pm

oxrageous wrote:I don't care if the title is sensationalized (I'm famous for that), but it still needs to contain the topic. Otherwise people start duplicate topics that have to be merged.

some times its fun to go in blind though, you know??
heavychevy
True Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum