Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 15 guests

Chandler Parsons

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Chandler Parsons

Postby lagator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Dude is definitely representing UF well. After making the all rookie team last year he has really stepped up his game this year and is on the verge of having a near all star season. He scored 31 against the knicks the other night and is averaging nearly 19 pts and 7 RB and 4 assists over the last 10 games and is so active he can really impact a game in a lot of ways.

I really like the team as well. They are fun as hell to watch with Hardin, Lin, Patterson and CP. Even Asik is playing well and is surprisingly athletic for his size. They're my favorite team currently. I'd love to see them make the playoffs and if they could eliminate the Lakers at the same time that would be even better.

You gotta feel terrible for McHale though losing a daughter at such a young age. It sounds like the whole team is pretty bummed out over it but just trying to work hard and stay strong for their coach. They are going to the funeral then they will fly in just in time to play OKC tonight for Hardin's first return.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Re: Chandler Parsons

Postby fivefiveninegator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:22 pm

They liked him so much that they felt alright trading away Chase Budinger.
fivefiveninegator
Baby Gator

Postby lagator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:56 pm

fivefiveninegator wrote:They liked him so much that they felt alright trading away Chase Budinger.

He's averaging like 40 minutes a game so it's clear the coaches trust him. His upside and that of the Rockets looks pretty good. I wish I could see the game tonight but it looks like it's only on local networks and NBATV.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby Maillot Jaune » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:58 pm

CP is a playa. He has really taken his game up. Hey, saw Corey Brewer drop in 20 the other day too!

Maybe if Nick stuck around he coulda carried CP's gym bag!
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby BMF » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:07 pm

I hate the NBA with a passion...but it's always good to see our guys do well. Anyone know what Calathes is doing these days? He was the stud coming out (between those two), left school early for pro ball, and Parsons wins SEC POY (the only Gator ever to win that award) and is now kicking ass in the NBA.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby muddycorey » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Maillot Jaune wrote:Maybe if Nick stuck around he coulda carried CP's gym bag!

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wonder how that European ball is going for him? :rolleyes:
muddycorey
Senior Gator

Postby lagator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 am

muddycorey wrote:
Maillot Jaune wrote:Maybe if Nick stuck around he coulda carried CP's gym bag!

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wonder how that European ball is going for him? :rolleyes:

For some odd reason he left the Greek league and is now signed to play in a Russian league team. He was actually drafted by the Timberwolves coming out of UF even though he announced he would be playing in Greece, and was subsequently traded to the Mavericks, so if he finally came to give the NBA a try I guess he would start in Dallas. Maybe the fact that he can't jump made him feel more comfortable playing in Europe.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby TommyGator » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:39 am

CP is one of my all time favorite Gators in ANY sport.

What a study in perseverance and hard work. Came in almost as an afterthought, stuck under Billy's wing, loved being a Gator and is now reaping big rewards.

It is indeed, GREAT to be a Florida GATOR!
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum