Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Flaglergator, Gatorbythebay, Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, itsgr82baflagator, Jabberdave, JimtheGator, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, UFever, WobbleGator and 51 guests

Another Jon Gruden Sighting

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Another Jon Gruden Sighting

Postby Alvin York » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 pm

It was a done deal according to a local Memphis television station. Celebrated coach Jon Gruden who married a UT cheerleader was offered partial ownership of the NFL's Cleveland Brown owned by UT grad and supporter, Jimmy Haslam III as an added incentive to become the next head coach at the University of Tennessee.

Think again.
http://www.wate.com/story/20204617/jon- ... -coach-job
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Re: Another Jon Gruden Sighting

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 pm

:yawn:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gatorbythebay » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:49 pm

He will either be in the NFL as a coach or, more than likely, sitting in the same booth next year. Dude has it made. I was watching Mike and Mike in the Morning when he came on this morning and the guy sounded sick of talking about coaching rumors.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby williston_gator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:51 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-ad-soon/

Report: Jon Gruden may meet with Tennessee Volunteers AD soon

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 28, 2012, 10:56 AM EST

Getty Images
Jon Gruden’s denial isn’t ending the speculation that he could become the next head football coach at the University of Tennessee.

Within a couple hours of Gruden saying that he had not been offered an ownership stake in the Cleveland Browns in exchange for coaching Tennessee, Mike Freeman ‏of CBS reported that Gruden may meet with the Tennessee Volunteers’ athletic director later this week.

What Gruden specifically denied was a report that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, a Tennessee graduate whose brother is the governor of Tennessee, had offered Gruden a piece of the Browns. Gruden didn’t pull a Nick Saban and say “I’m not going to be the coach of Tennessee,” not that anyone believes any coach anymore after Saban infamously lied about taking the Alabama job.

The report about Haslam’s role in the Volunteers’ coaching search is farfetched for a number of reasons, including the fact that the NCAA wouldn’t allow a booster to give a coaching candidate part of his business, and the fact that Haslam is probably too busy considering his own football team’s future to worry about his alma mater’s next coach. But that doesn’t mean there’s no truth to the many reports that the University of Tennessee would like to lure Gruden.

However, if Gruden does leave the Monday Night Football booth to return to the sideline, most indications are that it would be an NFL sideline. Gruden’s name surfacing in the college coaching carousel is likely just an appetizer before the talk of Gruden returning to the NFL heats up.
Last edited by williston_gator on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm

47 year old man uses "weird" trick to slash his electric bill by 75%. See the video before it is banned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_r81zHXfYE&feature=relmfu
Last edited by crosscreekcooter on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby willgetin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:57 pm

"Tennessee is a great place to coach. It's a top 10 place to coach in my opinion. Hire the right guy and, in my opinion, you're able to win 8, 9 games," Cooper said.

That quote was from John Cooper, yes, the ex Ohio St coach. He was the guest speaker at the University of Tennessee's Quarterback Club Monday afternoon, because apparently he is an Knoxville native.

From the same site you pulled your article from. This speaks volumes as to the issues that UT has. They pull in a coach from a different team who basically disses UT at their own get together... Classic!

http://www.wate.com/story/20141534/knoxville-native-ex-football-coach-offers-opinon-on-ut-job
Alv: We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
Alv: You do realize your signature bums me out more than any other Jort rabble on the GSMB...Any chance you would...remove it?
willgetin
Heisman Gator

Postby Alvin York » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Jon boy Gruden or no Jon boy Gruden I don't care. We've been down this head coach hype road before. I don't care if they hire Mohamed to coach the Vols. Action speaks louder than words. I'll start breaking balls about the head coach of the University of Tennessee when we start defeating top 10 SEC teams
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby crosscreekcooter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 pm

Alvin York wrote:John Gruden or no John Gruden I don't care. We've been down this head coach hype road before. I don't care if they hire Mohamed to coach the Vols. Action speaks louder than words. I'll start breaking balls about the head coach of the University of Tennessee when we start defeating top 10 SEC teams

You won't live long enough.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby Alvin York » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:36 pm

crosscreekcooter wrote:
Alvin York wrote:John Gruden or no John Gruden I don't care. We've been down this head coach hype road before. I don't care if they hire Mohamed to coach the Vols. Action speaks louder than words. I'll start breaking balls about the head coach of the University of Tennessee when we start defeating top 10 SEC teams

You won't live long enough.

The same could be said for the next coach if he doesn't come through for us, Dude needs to hit the ground running OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby Flaglergator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Mohamed is dead, just like the prospects for UT beating any SEC teams, top 10 or top 20 !
Flaglergator
True Gator

Postby IDGAC » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Flaglergator wrote:Mohamed is dead, just like the prospects for UT beating any SEC teams, top 10 or top 20 !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby Travis McGee » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:52 pm

For Tennessee, beating any of the top ten SEC teams would be a start.

Please hold your breath.
Travis McGee
Senior Gator

Postby Alvin York » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Flaglergator wrote:Mohamed is dead, just like the prospects for UT beating any SEC teams, top 10 or top 20 !

On the contrary Muhammad lives in the hearts of all who believe in the Koran. Besides Tennessee football is dead but I say unto you "it shall rise again"

So let it b written. So let it be done
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby willgetin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Alvin York wrote:Jon boy Gruden or no Jon boy Gruden I don't care. We've been down this head coach hype road before. I don't care if they hire Mohamed to coach the Vols. Action speaks louder than words. I'll start breaking balls about the head coach of the University of Tennessee when we start defeating top 10 SEC teams

THIS needs to be stickied...
Alv: We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
Alv: You do realize your signature bums me out more than any other Jort rabble on the GSMB...Any chance you would...remove it?
willgetin
Heisman Gator

Postby Panhandle Gator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Yes, it's true. Gruden was spotted in Memphis, dressed in all white, eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich on the steps of Graceland.
Panhandle Gator
Freshman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Alvin York wrote:Jon boy Gruden or no Jon boy Gruden I don't care. We've been down this head coach hype road before. I don't care if they hire Mohamed to coach the Vols. Action speaks louder than words. I'll start breaking balls about the head coach of the University of Tennessee when we start defeating top 10 SEC teams

No you won't. UT could hire Ron Zook and you'll be on here next spring running your mouth about how the Vols will beat the Gators next year. :rolleyes:

It's like an uncontrollable urge you Vols have to run your mouths no matter what the reality is.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 pm

For the love of all that's holy and sacred, is there not a way to keep this doosh from starting threads?
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby BSJGator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Alvin York wrote:It was a done deal according to a local Memphis television station. Celebrated coach Jon Gruden who married a UT cheerleader was offered partial ownership of the NFL's Cleveland Brown owned by UT grad and supporter, Jimmy Haslam III as an added incentive to become the next head coach at the University of Tennessee.

Think again.
http://www.wate.com/story/20204617/jon- ... -coach-job

Moron...
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:For the love of all that's holy and sacred, is there not a way to keep this doosh from starting threads?

+1
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Alvin York wrote:I'll start breaking balls about the head coach of the University of Tennessee when we start defeating top 10 SEC teams

oxrageous

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum