Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 44 guests

Watching the FSU game again...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Watching the FSU game again...

Postby Ringer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 am

My wife (who is a rabid Gator Fan also) thinks I have gone over the cliff. I have watched the game now 6 times since Saturday and I just can't get enough of it. I watch the 1st, 2nd and 4th Qt. and fast forward through the 3rd.
Every-time I watch it, I see something new, some extra effort, some proof of Coaching excellence. IE: when Carridine went down (he was a terror all day), the next play was a designed run directly at his replacement and it went for a TD! I have no doubt that if Carridine was still in, that play wouldn't have worked. That's what smart, savvy coaches are supposed to do. (See a weakness and exploit it) Well done Gators, well done!

**On that run, #72? reached the 2nd level and sealed off pursuit and the WR down field screened (blocked) the CB from getting to Jones. NICE!

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Re: Watching the FSU game again...

Postby ncargat1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:55 am

Ringer wrote:My wife (who is a rabid Gator Fan also) thinks I have gone over the cliff. I have watched the game now 6 times since Saturday and I just can't get enough of it. I watch the 1st, 2nd and 4th Qt. and fast forward through the 3rd.
Every-time I watch it, I see something new, some extra effort, some proof of Coaching excellence. IE: when Carridine went down (he was a terror all day), the next play was a designed run directly at his replacement and it went for a TD! I have no doubt that if Carridine was still in, that play wouldn't have worked. That's what smart, savvy coaches are supposed to do. (See a weakness and exploit it) Well done Gators, well done!

**On that run, #72? reached the 2nd level and sealed off pursuit and the WR down field screened (blocked) the CB from getting to Jones. NICE!

We were running those trap plays the entire second half. It was the same EXACT play we ran at LSU over and over over again in the second half of that game too. We have the good fortune of having a big, strong, yet fairly mobile C in Harrison (your #72). Both he an Halapio are excellent in pulling on that play.

But you are correct in that we normally run that trap play to our right (away from Carradine). In that play, they turned it around and ran right over whomever replaced him.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum