Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar and 23 guests

Notre Dame strength of sched

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Notre Dame strength of sched

Postby gatormark » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Just how may ranked team did ND beat this year? Mich? paper tigers. BYU? Navy? Wake? I think Satnford was theyre biggest test No? :neutral:
gatormark
Senior Gator

Re: Notre Dame strength of sched

Postby DaddyGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Hoosier Gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Their two best wins were Stanford and at Oklahoma. Their schedule looked more daunting at the start of the year than it does here at the end.
Hoosier Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm

I despise the Irish, but that game at OU was impressive.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby NoGaGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm

To be fair, at the beginning of the year, ND had what many viewed as one of the country's toughest schedule.

USC (pre-season #1 ranking by some), Stanford, UM, MSU and OU were all ranked top 20.

Now we see how weak the little 10 is and Kiffie has been exposed for what he is.

ND has redefined "Luck of the Irish" this year. They should've lost to Stanford and lowly Pitt but received some home-cookin ref calls.

Had they played a normal SEC sched, they'd have at least 2 losses. UGA's sched, maybe 1. UF's sched, maybe 3.
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 pm

UGA's schedule, they lose 3, UF's schedule, they lose 5. They wouldn't be able to take the physical play every week and would wear out.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm

NoGaGator wrote:To be fair, at the beginning of the year, ND had what many viewed as one of the country's toughest schedule.

USC (pre-season #1 ranking by some), Stanford, UM, MSU and OU were all ranked top 20.

Now we see how weak the little 10 is and Kiffie has been exposed for what he is.

ND has redefined "Luck of the Irish" this year. They should've lost to Stanford and lowly Pitt but received some home-cookin ref calls.

Had they played a normal SEC sched, they'd have at least 2 losses. UGA's sched, maybe 1. UF's sched, maybe 3.

Yep. If you had told me in August they would go 12-0, I would have been very impressed. Now? Not so much. They definitely caught all the breaks this year, but that's football.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Bama and UGA schedule were pretty weak. Both split their only tough games and even in the games they won, they were not the better teams. LSU completely dominated Bama, but Les Miles cost them the game and we all know about the cocktail party. I really feel like these are the two weakest of the top 6 SEC teams.
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 pm

The average record of the teams that ND played was 7-5. I'll give them props for the the OU and Stanford victories, but that is it in terms of impressive wins. They played two independents, both of whom have 7 wins this year and beat nobody. They played three ACC schools (I could stop right there) with a combined record of 14-22. They barely beat a 5-6 Pitt team from the Big Least! Then to round it all off they played three flag football teams from the Losers and Leaches conference with a stunning combined record of 20-16.

I'm not going to even bother comparing that garbage to UF's schedule which is annually the toughest in the nation! How ND's schedule could even be in the Top 100 is beyond me. FSU plays a tougher schedule than that, if for no other reason they played us!
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Barely beating Pitt... well stuff does happen look at who we almost lost to or went into overtime with. It happens but they did have a great schedule like Georgia and bama for getting to the game.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTex » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:53 pm

StreetFightingGator wrote:The average record of the teams that ND played was 7-5. I'll give them props for the the OU and Stanford victories, but that is it in terms of impressive wins. They played two independents, both of whom have 7 wins this year and beat nobody. They played three ACC schools (I could stop right there) with a combined record of 14-22. They barely beat a 5-6 Pitt team from the Big Least! Then to round it all off they played three flag football teams from the Losers and Leaches conference with a stunning combined record of 20-16.

I'm not going to even bother comparing that garbage to UF's schedule which is annually the toughest in the nation! How ND's schedule could even be in the Top 100 is beyond me. FSU plays a tougher schedule than that, if for no other reason they played us!

I still can't believe Stanford was robbed like that on the goal line. "Luck of the Irish", indeed.
GatorTex
Senior Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 pm

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote:I despise the Irish, but that game at OU was impressive.

Big Game Bob is known to choke away the big ones, even at home...
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatormark » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:12 am

Jack Arute on sirius radio said ND was a team of destiny? that crap will end when the see the speed and size of a SEC opponent,they get theyre ass kicked in the Ch game. SEC again.
gatormark
Senior Gator

Postby Ringer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:54 am

Discussing ND's strength of schedule implies that we don't think they are worthy to be in the MNC game. I hate ND but have to give them credit, they won every game they played.... I'm glad they get to play for the Championship because I'm looking forward to watching them get their AZZ's handed to them by a SEC team.

Without a true play-off, there will always be doubts about any Champion, matter of fact, the play-off probably won't stop doubts.

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby TommyGator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 am

[quote="Ringer"Without a true play-off, there will always be doubts about any Champion, matter of fact, the play-off probably won't stop doubts.[/quote]

But it will stop arguments. Win the tourney, win the Title.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum