Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double Gator Dad, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Homer J, MSNbot Media, NCOGator, TheDouglas78, Yahoo [Bot] and 80 guests

Greatest group of personalities in school history?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Greatest group of personalities in school history?

Postby Slevin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:17 pm

I think so.

"When it happened, I stopped for a minute," Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd said. "Is [Manuel] asleep? That's the first thing that goes through your mind. ... The next thing I'm looking for is 'Where's the ball?' Because he didn't hold onto that. Dominique Easley scooped it up."

:lol: Hope all these guys return next year. Easily the greatest group of PERSONALITIES UF has ever had.

edit: changed the title heading to create a different topic.

Here is the Andy Staples article on it:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z2DSp66cVo
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Re: Greatest group of personalities in school history?

Postby Slevin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:24 pm

"At the University of Florida, we're about winning championships," Muschamp said. "We're about going to Atlanta. We didn't achieve that goal. That's important to me. ... Everybody wants to talk about we've arrived and we're back. Hell, we haven't won a championship. Until we've won a championship, I'm going to have a hard time saying we've arrived or we're back at all."

BOOM
soflagator wrote:

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby Gulfstream » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Great read Slev. thanks for posting.
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
Gulfstream
All-American Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm

"It was a personal game for us," Easley said. "They had to feel that same pain that we felt. They had to feel that same black hole in their heart that we felt. We just had to give them what we felt -- which was pain." (In case the wording of that quote leads you to believe Easley was growling and snarling as he said those words, know that as he spoke them, he held a massive tub of animal crackers.)

I wonder if his Chucky doll was close by :lol:

Awesome quote!
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby Slevin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:36 pm

CapitalGator02 wrote:
"It was a personal game for us," Easley said. "They had to feel that same pain that we felt. They had to feel that same black hole in their heart that we felt. We just had to give them what we felt -- which was pain." (In case the wording of that quote leads you to believe Easley was growling and snarling as he said those words, know that as he spoke them, he held a massive tub of animal crackers.)

I wonder if his Chucky doll was close by :lol:

Awesome quote!

wonder if his chucky doll was holding a smaller tub of animal crackers :lol:
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby TommyGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Sleepin' like a baby (sister...[-))
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby BoomTown » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:32 pm

CapitalGator02 wrote:

what they failed to mention is that he was slowly, methodically biting the head off each one and tossing the carcass to the floor.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Derek Tyson from espn gatornation tweeted he heard McCray, Hunter and Floyd were all at IMG to dicuss training for the combine. If true, sucks to hear about floyd but good there is no mention of Elam or Easley
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Slevin wrote:wonder if his chucky doll was holding a smaller tub of animal crackers :lol:

No doubt!
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby CapitalGator02 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 pm

BoomTown wrote:what they failed to mention is that he was slowly, methodically biting the head off each one and tossing the carcass to the floor.

Now that's funny!
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby mrgator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 am

UF_Cheme_Student wrote:Derek Tyson from espn gatornation tweeted he heard McCray, Hunter and Floyd were all at IMG to dicuss training for the combine. If true, sucks to hear about floyd but good there is no mention of Elam or Easley

It will suck to lose Floyd early because keeping him would mean having a starting NFL defensive tackle on the gator dline next year. He is most likely a first round pick and I think he should go if given the chance. The guy has come from very humble beginnings and he could really help himself and his family by signing a big NFL contract. I wish him the best but would love to keep him.

As for Easley and Elam? I think both would benefit from one more year in the system.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby travy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 am

easley will benefit from another year. not as physically mature as floyd but potentially better. elam would definitely go first round this year but will probably improve his stock by coming back. but i just think matt wants to come back to win a championship and become a gator legend. dude thinks large..

i've really grown to love this '10 class and hope they succeed in everything they do. they came here at the end of a great run and through no fault of their own had it crash down all around them, then hung in there and built it back up. i swear i'd hug every one of them if i saw them on the street.. except maybe easley.. he scary.. :eek:
travy
True Gator

Postby ACappsUF29 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 am

Slevin wrote:I think so.

"When it happened, I stopped for a minute," Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd said. "Is [Manuel] asleep? That's the first thing that goes through your mind. ... The next thing I'm looking for is 'Where's the ball?' Because he didn't hold onto that. Dominique Easley scooped it up."

:lol: Hope all these guys return next year. Easley the greatest group of PERSONALITIES UF has ever had.

edit: changed the title heading to create a different topic.

Here is the Andy Staples article on it:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z2DSp66cVo

Fixed the spelling for you :D
ACappsUF29
Senior Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum