Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gatorgabe7, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lumagator, t-gator, vulcan_alex, Yahoo [Bot] and 86 guests

FSU could be losing more than Stoops...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

FSU could be losing more than Stoops...

Postby G8RByte » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:08 pm

and someone who might be even more important to FSU.

The Kentucky board is saying that James Coley is going with him. He is FSU's recruiting kingpin and coordinator. The timing couldn't be better.

From his bio...

As the recruiting coordinator at Florida State in 2008 and 2009, Coley was instrumental in the Seminoles landing back-to-back Top 10 signing classes, which have helped re-stock FSU's talent pool. He was the named the top recruiter in the ACC in 2010 by ESPN.com. Coley's boundless energy on the recruiting trail earned him a huge fan following on his @CoachColey twitter account.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Re: FSU could be losing more than Stoops...

Postby GatorTex » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Could see a ton of defections and that only benefits Florida so rock on!
GatorTex
Senior Gator

Postby G8RByte » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:15 pm

This could be the beginning of the end for Jumbo.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:22 pm

G8RByte wrote:and someone who might be even more important to FSU.

The Kentucky board is saying that James Coley is going with him. He is FSU's recruiting kingpin and coordinator. The timing couldn't be better.

From his bio...

As the recruiting coordinator at Florida State in 2008 and 2009, Coley was instrumental in the Seminoles landing back-to-back Top 10 signing classes, which have helped re-stock FSU's talent pool. He was the named the top recruiter in the ACC in 2010 by ESPN.com. Coley's boundless energy on the recruiting trail earned him a huge fan following on his @CoachColey twitter account.

It was my understanding FSU always got top 5-10 talent, but they always wasted it away. Things haven't changed, but it is nice to see this, lol. Poor F'ers.
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:23 pm

The worst thing for us is they're losing EJ Manuel. :lol:
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby Gulfstream » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:27 pm

LBSpikes wrote:The worst thing for us is they're losing EJ Manuel. :lol:

:D :D
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
Gulfstream
All-American Gator

Postby G8RByte » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm

LBSpikes wrote:
G8RByte wrote:and someone who might be even more important to FSU.

From his bio...

It was my understanding FSU always got top 5-10 talent, but they always wasted it away. Things haven't changed, but it is nice to see this, lol. Poor F'ers.

They do have top 5-10 talent. Most of their starters we recruited too. For a fifth year senior QB to play like he did last week shows how poor their player development is (or maybe hanging your hat on him to begin with was the mistake). That said, losing a guy like Coley is going to hurt, especially in the middle of the most critical period on the recruiting process (assuming this speculation is correct about him going).
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Some QBs (Manuel and Murray) are just turnover machine or poor decision-makers.

You can't, or can only rarely, fix stupid.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Homer J » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:53 pm

They have had good recruiting classes the last 10 years, as has UGA, and have done nothing with it.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Dugaboy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Mark Stoops will be missed, as well as his recruiting crony; now, about next yeasr's FSU quarterback - I saw Trickett, or Ricketts, or whatever. He looks like the guy that steals tires off of trucks in Walmart parking lot. Throws about as well too. Another nepotism problem for the girl's school.

The Gators just stuffed it up their ole bunghole that 4th quarter. Boy, it was beautiful.

Happy for a Stoops to show at UK with some recruiting prowess. May change things in Eastern Division of SEC....watchout Georgia!
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby Gov C Tyree » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Wasn't Eddie Gran FSU's recruiting coordinator? He was at Tennessee under Lame and was credited for flipping Nukeese Richardson to them (probably did us a huge favor ultimately) but I was po'ed at the time.
Gov C Tyree
Redshirt Gator

Postby Slevin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 pm

LBSpikes wrote:The worst thing for us is they're losing EJ Manuel. :lol:

Have you seen Clint Trickett? I can stack **** taller than him. I'm stoked that he gets to play 2 more years.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby Gov C Tyree » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:45 pm

IMO, Trickett is around because of his dad, much like Wyatt Sexton was several years ago. I think they redshirted a kid from Alabama (Jameis Winston, maybe?). I would not think it would be too hard for the redshirt to win that job.
Gov C Tyree
Redshirt Gator

Postby NoGaGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:50 pm

If Dumbo jumps to AU who is the loser - AU or F$U?

Oh the dilemma!
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Maybe Dumbo will hire that idiot DC Meyer hired for the 2010 season! I've already forgotten that jerk's name! I hope he's coaching JV high school defenses somewhere where he belongs.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 pm

LBSpikes wrote:It was my understanding FSU always got top 5-10 talent, but they always wasted it away. Things haven't changed, but it is nice to see this, lol. Poor F'ers.

Back to back gold...nice posting. Bout time you got off your ass....
gatorspook

Postby gatorade7 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:22 pm

FSU's QB will be last years #1 ranked HS QB Jameis Winston.
gatorade7
Senior Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Well, UK is no longer an automatic W.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby StreetFightingGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 pm

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote:Well, UK is no longer an automatic W.

Don't bet on it. Just because his last name is Stoops doesn't mean anything. His brother flopped at ASU and I predict he will flop at UK.

However, should he do the impossible and turn UK into a thorn in our side then life in the SEC East will get particularly prickly for the Gators. Vanderbilt isn't going away under James Franklin. We already know we have a fight every year with the Poodles and the Head Cock.

The big question mark is what happens at Toothless. God forbid Charlie Strong goes there. The longer that program lies face down in a puddle of monkey spunk the better! Mizzou is destined for mediocrity, so I have no worries about dominating them for years to come.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby WhoGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:34 pm

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote:Well, UK is no longer an automatic W.

Giving him way too much credit. Built his reputation on stopping ACC teams. The only team we scored more on this year than his Clown defense was the 38 we put on Kentucky. Will he get the athletes he's had the past few years??? No way. How many Mildcat coaches have we run through since the last time they won, more than half a dozen? And the closest they've been is "Doering's got a touchdown!!!"
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum