Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ReelGatorDoc and 41 guests

Muschamp Given Contract Extension

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Muschamp Given Contract Extension

Postby NCG8r » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:43 pm

BEFORE the season began. :eek:

President Bernie Machen and athletic director Jeremy Foley met in August and agreed to extend Muschamp's contract for a year, through 2017. The Gainesville Sun first reported the extension Tuesday.

Foley says in a statement that he and Machen ''believed in the leadership and direction of the football program this summer and we made a decision to extend coach Muschamp's contract an additional year this past August, prior to the start of the season.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/florida-gave-muschamp-extension-season-162706206--ncaaf.html
NCG8r
Heisman Gator

Re: Muschamp Given Contract Extension

Postby williston_gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Smart move.....now. Could have backfired.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr2Bits » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:55 pm

williston_gator wrote:Smart move.....now. Could have backfired.

An 8 win season would have been an improvement so it would have been fairly difficult to backfire looking at our schedule before the season started. Sure it ended up the toughest but we were still slated for 8 wins or better.
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Agree, smart move, but it was no gamble. Foley knew and saw what we couldn't over the spring and summer. A good team, a solid locker room, dynamic recruiting and players trying as hard off the field as they did on the field this year.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby williston_gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Both good points.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:03 pm

No off the field issues over the spring and summer = contract extension?
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Last August? That's a bit of crock if you ask me. Not the idea of extending Muschamp but in the manner it's being communicated.

If Machen and Foley were that confident in providing the extension, why was it that they waited until AFTER Florida beat FSU to wind up an 11-1 season?

Were they just not going to tell us if we went 6-6?
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:04 pm

WobbleGator wrote:No off the field issues over the spring and summer = contract extension?

:lol:

At Florida...yes. :sadnanner:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Alagator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:07 pm

FunnGun wrote:

Agree, smart move, but it was no gamble. Foley knew and saw what we couldn't over the spring and summer. A good team, a solid locker room, dynamic recruiting and players trying as hard off the field as they did on the field this year.

Agreed. Foley knew what he had in Muschamp. :cool:

Not to mention it was the first time in a loooooonnggg while we had gone a whole summer with no arrests. I'm a little surprised he didn't offer to name a building after him. ;) Hell, if we can make it to February I think it will have been a year since an arrest. Gotta be a record! :?
Last edited by Alagator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby divits888 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:07 pm

That can happen anytime. Even after you win a National Championship. Just ask the Auburn AD.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Alagator wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

Not to mention it was the first time in a loooooonnggg while we had gone a whole summer with know arrests. I'm a little surprised he didn't offer to name a building after him. ;)

I no what you mean. :D
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Class of '78 wrote:Last August? That's a bit of crock if you ask me. Not the idea of extending Muschamp but in the manner it's being communicated.

If Machen and Foley were that confident in providing the extension, why was it that they waited until AFTER Florida beat FSU to wind up an 11-1 season?

Probably not.

The timing of it is a bit curious, but the biggest reason they are releasing it now is because all the coaches are on the road recruiting.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Alagator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:11 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
Alagator wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

Not to mention it was the first time in a loooooonnggg while we had gone a whole summer with know arrests. I'm a little surprised he didn't offer to name a building after him. ;)

Damn you're quick. I just read my post and went back to edit it and you had already called me out on it. Quick trigger you got there. Let's just hope for the ol' ladies sake that's the only place you have a quick trigger. ;)
Kcgator wrote:

Soflagator wrote:
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Alagator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
Alagator wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

Damn you're quick. I just read my post and went back to edit it and you had already called me out on it. Quick trigger you got there. Let's just hope for the ol' ladies sake that's the only place you have a quick trigger. ;)

You spelled ol' man wrong.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Alagator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
Alagator wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

I got mine, I couldn't care less if the woman got hers.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:15 pm

FunnGun wrote:
Alagator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
Alagator wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

:hahano:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Alagator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:17 pm

FunnGun wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:Last August? That's a bit of crock if you ask me. Not the idea of extending Muschamp but in the manner it's being communicated.

Probably not.

The timing of it is a bit curious, but the biggest reason they are releasing it now is because all the coaches are on the road recruiting.

I heard Pat Tooley on a sports talk show this morning and he was going on about 'they had to just ask the right questions' blah, blah, blah. sounded like he was taking credit for the find.

Seems to me if we went all season without knowing it we still wouldn't know it unless they wanted us to. I seriously doubt it was Tooley's masterful journalistic skills that uncovered this breaking news...
Kcgator wrote:

Soflagator wrote:
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby Alagator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:20 pm

FunnGun wrote:
Alagator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
Alagator wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

I had a feeling someone was going to go there... :D
Kcgator wrote:

Soflagator wrote:
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Actually, I recall seeing something about it in August. I remember thinking, "they're pretty confident he'll do well." And, then thinking, 8-4 would be an improvement...
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 pm

BSJGator wrote:Actually, I recall seeing something about it in August. I remember thinking, "they're pretty confident he'll do well." And, then thinking, 8-4 would be an improvement...

I believe this is his second extension(no homo).

Both have been for one year.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum