Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clawhammergator, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Jabberdave, JimtheGator, MSNbot Media, ReelGatorDoc, Swamp Queen, WobbleGator and 63 guests

What is best Gator play of the year?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

What is best Gator play of the year?

Postby cabanarocky » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 am

I might be inclined to say it was Gillislee's TD run late in the game against TexasA&M. It set the tone for the entire year for this Gator team.
cabanarocky
Baby Gator

Re: What is best Gator play of the year?

Postby flwgator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:15 am

Matt Elam fumble vs LSU
flwgator
Redshirt Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 am

Blocked punt TD against Louisiana. Did anyone really want to go into OT against those guys, the way they were playing, and the way we were playing that day?

Can I have a 2nd play? Well, I'll take one. CB blitz on Connor Shaw to open up SC game that caused the fumble and subsequent TD. It set the tone for the rest of the game.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 am

This wasn't the most important play by any stretch but Burtons 80 yard run on UT is a play that I will always remember. Especially seeing him outrun there DB's. :lol:
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 am

Maybe because it is so fresh but Morrison clocking Manuel was heartwarming :D
Others were:
-Elam's forced fumble against LSU
-Purifoy's forced fumble to start the SC game
-Hines' diving one handed catch for a TD against SC (I know it was called back, but that was sweet)
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:13 am

Now that we can't reverse course? The fumble by Reed that potentially cost us the Georgia game. That will serve as huge motivation for us to get even better next season.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 am

I will take the blocked punt return for 6 Alex.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby bradgator2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 am

Everything about this play:

bradgator2
All-American Gator

Postby Since65 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 am

I would vote for the Burton run against UT. Outstanding stiff-arm while keeping balance and speed to outrun defenders. Was a game-changer in that contest.
Since65
Senior Gator

Postby GatorClay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 am

Matt the Elaminator saying Night Night to Beckham.
GatorClay
Baby Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:04 am

Elam's forced fumble during the LSU game. Beating LSU was the proof that a program trying to reestablish itself needed to show it was headed in the right direction.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby bayou gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 am

flwgator wrote:Matt Elam fumble vs LSU

^ This, x 1000

That one play exemplifies everything about this team. They may give in at times, but they never, ever give up.
P.S. - Don't feed the trolls!
bayou gator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Zambo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 am

Despite going into the game 10-1, there was still uncertainty about this squad and all the experts picked us to lose to the clowns. The hit on EJ by Morrison was a flat-out game changer. But it was bigger than just winning one football game. It was about prestige, swagger, bragging rights, and a host of other intangibles that define this season and more importantly define the course of the program going forward. How many superstar recruits watched that game Saturday night and saw a backup LB lay the wood? The message that UF is the premier program in this state was sent loud and clear to all those kids and I guarantee that play helped us win more than just one ballgame.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Elam's play against LSU was the best from a pure effort and play-making standpoint. If he doesn't force that fumble, LSU is in easy field goal range and they take the lead back, then who knows what would have happened.

Runners up are Burton's long TD against UT and Manuel getting jacked up by Morrison.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:27 pm

cabanarocky wrote:I might be inclined to say it was Gillislee's TD run late in the game against TexasA&M. It set the tone for the entire year for this Gator team.

I'd have to agree, although few recognized the significance at the time.

A lot of the highlights that are mentioned in this thread meant a lot to the fans and will be on the season's highlight reel. When it comes to the team, beating A&M on the road was huge. They gained confidence in each other, the staff and system which carried into the rest of the season. They knew that A&M was a really good team and Johnny Football a Heisman worthy quarterback. Bama and the rest of the country wouldn't find that out until November.

Elam's play against LSU was made on the big national stage set by this game. It definitely got the attention of the national media, who up until the FSU game, still thought it was a fluke win.

It's hard to beat the Morrison hit this past week as a concluding statement on the toughness of this year's team and their style of play. Morrison is a backup that stepped in and stepped up like so many have this season.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby g8trbabii954 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Class of '78 wrote:Now that we can't reverse course? The fumble by Reed that potentially cost us the Georgia game. That will serve as huge motivation for us to get even better next season.

beat me to it.
g8trbabii954
Senior Gator

Postby Blonde Gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Take your pick....this just went up, all the way through the season to last Saturday's victory over the Clowns.

Enjoy!

:chomp:
I am a Gator without a grip.
Blonde Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby triFencer » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 pm

There are so many huge, game defining plays this year.

TAMU: JD's third down run for a first to run out the clock
UT: 80 yard run by Burton to tie the game at 20 late in the third
LSU: Matt Elam's strip on the long third down conversion pass, resulting in a UF TD on the ensuing drive)
Vandy: Patten's 50+ yard fake punt run to setup a score in a close game
USCe: Fumble recovery on the kickoff at the end of the 2nd half to setup another short field score
UGA: Reed's fumble after nearly scoring late in the 4th (not in the running for best play obviously, but one of the most important IMO)
Mizzou: The 40 yard run by hines for a TD
Louisiana: The punt block for a TD with 2 seconds left
FSU: Morrison destroying Manuel, effectively allowing the gators to hold on to the ball for 2 consecutive scoring drives after their backup went 3 and out on the next drive.

If I had to pick one I think was unbiasly the best, most amazing football play, it'd have to be the punt block.

If I had to pick the most impactful play of the season, it'd be the hit on Manuel in the FSU game IMO. Makes you feel good to end the season on such a high note aganst a bitter rival.
triFencer
Redshirt Gator

Postby DCflorida » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:58 pm

bradgator2 wrote:Everything about this play:

And the very next play was Gillislee's 37-yard sprint into the end zone. Maybe the sweetest back-to-back plays ever. Similar to Doug Johnson to Quezzie, immediately followed by Fred Taylor running it to FSU's two-yard line in the 97 game in the Swamp.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby Zambo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Blonde Gator wrote:Take your pick....this just went up, all the way through the season to last Saturday's victory over the Clowns.

Enjoy!

:chomp:

Good video, I only wish they would have put more emphasis on the dooshbag singer and the dooshbag lyrics to his dooshbag song.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum